It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Postpones move of Embassy to Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
So I have made a few posts this morning regarding Trumps big show of signing the documents needed to move and begin building an American Embassy in Jerusalem, and officially recognizing it as the capital of Israel.

For 2-3 days we watched Trump come out the hero, boasting about his next bold move and upholding another one of his campaign promises.

And today he went on live television and made a grand speech that so many thought was refreshing, and at the end, broke out that pen with his larger than life signature and MADE IT HAPPEN!

Well, except, he didnt:

President Trump has waived the move of the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem — at least for now, according to the White House. Moving the embassy had been a key campaign promise.

Source (numerous other sources if you want to google)

So. The Hero in Chief once again, pulls a fast one and deceives the world, and most notably his supporters, proving once again hes just another politician in the White House.

People that support this man should really really be pissed off at this, this was a blatant grandstanding and then a big middle finger, not only to those in Israel who were happy about this development, but everyone who bought that he was actually going to do it.

Once again, like every president before him for the last 22 years, he kicked the can down the road, but HEY he sure got some good press right!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Gotta admit, I wanted to see how this one played out...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Numerous sources? The Guardian said an hour ago "Defiant Trump confirms US will recognise Jerusalem as capital of Israel"

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Did you look at the date of that crappy, 2nd rate forum post you linked to?

June 1, 201712:33 PM ET

So, you could not find your fake news on a quality forum site like ATS so you thought you would try using some low life forum full of fools to spread this misinformation.

Be ashamed of your critical analysis skills! Be very ashamed of trying to deceive others with misinformation.

Did you do it deliberately or because you are just not very good at reading and knowing what is past and present?

Trump is making arrangements to move the Embassy. Look:

www.nytimes.com...

LOOK at the date of that NEWS ARTICLE in the New York Times:

By MARK LANDLERDEC. 6, 2017

Trump Recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital and Orders U.S. Embassy to Move

Stop deceiving people. Know your song before you start singing. It is happening and no amount of fake news and ill wishing it away is going to alter this. No amount of EU meddling, no amount of Arab condemnation will make a blind bit of difference. Trump is STRONG enough to make this happen. He will be recorded in history for his bravery and going against the globalist sell outs who treat Israel like some real estate asset rather than a country, a nation and a people.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I know this wasn’t directed at me, but maybe check the time on the article...

That is unless Israel’s own news agency is lying ?

Trump postponement....

But hey who cares about a google search I guess????....

Disposable move by POTUS .....not that one couldn’t guess he’d pull something like this.....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Dunno about the OP BUT the one I linked is directly from Israel at midnight so......

Maybe tone back the vitriol. His article may have been off in date but the Israel Times is not

I expect you’ll be here honorable when this comes out tomorrow , and come back and apologize

edit on 12/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

He's signed a 6 month deferment but reports are that he's already begun "preparations" with the State Department.... whatever that means.

I get the feeling this may end up much like his transgender ban in the military. Make a hasty controversial decision with little to no consultation then back off a little or let other groups, individuals delay it.

Unsure if this will actually go through. There's a consensus among the international community and even advisors, experts within, that this is a bad move. Other countries, including allies have announced they'll keep their embassies where is as well.

Putting aside how terrible this move is, the logistics of moving the embassy over... taking into account security etc.... nothing short of a nightmare.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

They’ve been doing that 6 mo put off game since Bill Clinton, he’s doing the same thing, and my money is he will continue to.....

But hell he sure made a great spectacle of it didn’t he! Making all his people think he was gonna do something different and bringing out the fancy binder to write his YUGE signiture on like it was all official !!!!!

Man what a showman!!!! 😂🤣

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You don't have to be so bitchy I did search. Besides that aha okay, so we watch 6 month of burning flags and then another six months....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You don't have to be so bitchy I did search. Besides that aha okay, so we watch 6 month of burning flags and then another six months....

So you mean, who cares that he lied? Who cares that he made this big show of an unpresadented and historic move on live TV and across the world......and it was a lie?

I’d say that’s a pretty disgusting thing to do and he should damn well be called out for it.....

And his supporters should hold his damn feet to the fire for it

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The deadline (by Israel itself) to move the embassy to Jerusalem has ended about a month ago. This is why it's postponed 6 months ahead.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Where did I say that? You got some anger issues....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Lol there’s nothing angry about any of my posts to you

Apparently someone isn’t accustomed to sarcasm

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You sarcastically accused me of not caring he set Israel on fire? Sure makes sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1337Kph
The deadline (by Israel itself) to move the embassy to Jerusalem has ended about a month ago. This is why it's postponed 6 months ahead.

That makes no sense , since they actually have to BUILD a new one , you can’t do that in 6 months.

But what you Do, is you sign off and give the go order, and start drawing up plans and picking sites and commence the go for groundwork.......

There’s not a building project in the world that continues moving forward when it’s been postponed....I was a superintendent for a commercial building company for quite a few years. The excuses for him doing this make no sense when it comes to planning and execution of building something ....

Unless you take in to account he’s doing what’s always been done and perpetually kicking the can down the road like has been done since the 90s

Which is the exact opposite of what he said he was going to do

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

My point is that apparently you miss the point that the whole thing was a charade

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Not only is it a matter of national security, they need to find a huge, easily defensible tract of land in one of the oldest, most crowded, cities on Earth, where nearly every square inch is considered sacred or of archeological value. Tel Aviv is a big, modern, city and is the home of Mossad and other Israeli government agencies. Which location is more practical?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Not only is it a matter of national security, they need to find a huge, easily defensible tract of land in one of the oldest, most crowded, cities on Earth, where nearly every square inch is considered sacred or of archeological value. Tel Aviv is a big, modern, city and is the home of Mossad and other Israeli government agencies. Which location is more practical?

That’s really an aside, because if you’re moving the embassy to the “capital” as you have declared it , you don’t postpone it.....again....like it has been every 6 month for 22 years....you move forward w your planning....

No one expects it to be done in “6 months” but if you keep postponing it, it never gets done (ie case in point every administration since Clinton)

So all this is just a deflection for the fact that he SAID he was going to do this, made a huge media storm about signing off on it in public and taking on the moniker of the “only president ever in history to make this move”

And then quietly behind closed doors away from the media,did what Obama and every other president has done....

If he was serious you wouldn’t need to postpone it, you sign it and then let them commence at their own pace and planning , at that point you don’t need to give them the go ahead , it’s done.....and they can do what they need to how they need to

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You mean Trump would put on a big media circus just to bask in the attention? I am shocked, shocked.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You mean Trump would put on a big media circus just to bask in the attention? I am shocked, shocked.

Lol aren’t we all my friend aren’t we al 😂🤣👍🏼

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join