It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Postpones move of Embassy to Jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Where did I say that? You got some anger issues....

My point is that apparently you miss the point that the whole thing was a charade

...but

from your source so... I am #ing confused

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I could see where one would be!!!!

I think the point was they wanted to make sure to put what trump proposed in his speech....

However it seems , regardless of what he said or what was stated it was postponed ....

I get the confusion though, because why would you lay the plan out and then postpone it again???

Why not just sign it and let them do what they need to do ....

I am fully for moving it Jerusalem myself.....why the back and forth AFTER Trump said it was a go, I haven’t the slightest clue

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What I find weird is that there are3 threadson the same topic in 2 days....too hard to append this onto one of them?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
What I find weird is that there are3 threadson the same topic in 2 days....too hard to append this onto one of them?

I believe because this thread is on POSTPONING not like the others about him signing FOR the move , that is the opposite, and a different discussion

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is just the part the #resisters have to latch on to to try to pretend there's something wrong here. This makes perfect sense. You can't literally pick up the current embassy and move it to Jerusalem tomorrow. A new site has to be found, leased, the building has to be designed and built. Of course the waiver was signed again. The process isn't going to be done in 6 months, so it will be signed again 6 months from now.

There's been reports there's an annex building in Jerusalem already they could have used, but why do this half-assed? If they did that, everyone would be pissing and moaning that they did it half-assed and irresponsibly, the annex isn't big enough to hold the entire embassy staff, the security isn't the same, and all these other complaints. So they're doing it the smarter way, and there's still whining. #resist is just a bunch of crybabies.
edit on 7 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

All they have to do is change the plate on the Jerusalem consulate door and call the embassy in Tel Aviv the "annex." This is all a big charade and distraction. It may even be a ploy to get Tillerson to quit in disgust.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You don’t need to postpone a project to begin the work up on a project, designs, ideas, building cites etc......

In fact that’s the opposite of what you do.....

So this excuse for “well they don’t have the plans yet” doesn’t hold water......

Again you don’t need to postpone it whether they have it all figured out or not, you sign off on it and let them get to work planning it on their time table that’s feasible....

I suppose we should postpone building the wall too, you know until we have everything planned out to a T....I mean we wouldn’t want to have progress right?

I don’t know a single builder or contractor that will work w a company to get something done when the projects “postponed”

No one wants to put resources , time, and money into something that might not happen

That’s not how building is done

They aren’t #winning. They are doing the same BS Clinton, Obama, and bush did

Trump just wanted to look like a hero, and again it’s a nothing burger from Trump more talk, more flash, but still no actual substance or action .....

edit on 12/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

All they have to do is change the plate on the Jerusalem consulate door and call the embassy in Tel Aviv the "annex." This is all a big charade and distraction. It may even be a ploy to get Tillerson to quit in disgust.

Nailed it....

Makes me wonder what he’s distracting for thIs time?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

You don’t need to postpone a project to begin the work up on a project, designs, ideas, building cites etc......

In fact that’s the opposite of what you do.....

So this excuse for “well they don’t have the plans yet” doesn’t hold water......

Again you don’t need to postpone it whether they have it all figured out or not, you sign off on it and let them get to work planning it on their time table that’s feasible....

I suppose we should postpone building the wall too, you know until we have everything planned out to a T....I mean we wouldn’t want to have progress right?

I don’t know a single builder or contractor that will work w a company to get something done when the projects “postponed”

No one wants to put resources , time, and money into something that might not happen

That’s not how building is done

They aren’t #winning. They are doing the same BS Clinton, Obama, and bush did

Trump just wanted to look like a hero, and again it’s a nothing burger from Trump more talk, more flash, but still no actual substance or action .....

Complete lack of understanding of what the waiver means. Read. It's all been explained.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Wow this thread grew fast, sorry I have been doing night shift things.

Actually he is right on point, you can read what the "waiver" is about, it is nothing different than what was established in the 90s because its the EXACT SAME one.

Just because its Trump doesnt mean its any difference, he just signed the same exact postponement that started with Bill Clinton in '93 , I believe is when it was first done.

So no neither of them have a lack of understanding on what it is.

Now what the POTUS SOLD you, and what you BOUGHT may not be the same thing, but that doesnt mean its different, that just means you havent done your own research on what it actually is. It isnt something that Trump came up with, this has been in place for decades
edit on 7-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

😂🤣 right, because you don’t ageee with why it was done , I’m the one who doesn’t understand it.......

No I’m quite familiar with the whole thing.....once again I also know how commercial construction works.....you don’t postpone a project in order to continue a project....

You’re just drinking their kooliad as to why they stopped it for another 6 months...

Mark my words....this was all a show....Trump I’m sure will get this done just as soon as his wall is built....which is about 10 min after never

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This is not the Mud Pit so I will refrain from ad homs. Please extend the same courtesy to others. It is neither wise nor practical to physically move embassy operations to Jerusalem. Please stop making wild accusations and explain why, in your opinion, it is a good idea?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I get the confusion though, because why would you lay the plan out and then postpone it again???

Why not just sign it and let them do what they need to do ..

Obviously this is a heated spot and topic with many possible bad outcomes . Perhaps this is a way to test the waters or the blow back before actually doing anything?

In reality its not a bad move if that is what he is doing, and I'm not a trump supporter what so ever , nor do I trust the guy.

edit on 311231America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 08:31:14 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

This is not the Mud Pit so I will refrain from ad homs. Please extend the same courtesy to others. It is neither wise nor practical to physically move embassy operations to Jerusalem. Please stop making wild accusations and explain why, in your opinion, it is a good idea?

Wrong. It actually is practical because as of now embassy staff keep having to travel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem for certain meetings, or the people they're meeting with have to make the opposite trip. It's over 80 miles. That's not practical. And I apologize. The desperation from you #resisters is just hard not to ridicule.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Kids, kids. This is not going to end well. World citizens of the middle east consider the U. S. having a front porch in the Holy City...akin to putting a U. S. Homeland Security Barbecue tent in Mecca.

They are viewing this as though the U. S. is taking part possession.

Working here in Dearborn Mi... the talk amongst the diverse cultures the last few days is troubling.
edit on 7-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: Lost coffee

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Wrong. It actually is practical because as of now embassy staff keep having to travel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem for certain meetings, or the people they're meeting with have to make the opposite trip. It's over 80 miles. That's not practical. And I apologize. The desperation from you #resisters is just hard not to ridicule.
Agree it is very practical for numerous reasons be they cost, operational or logical!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Kids, kids. This is not going to end well. World citizens of the middle east consider the U. S. having a front porch in the Holy City...akin to putting a U. S. Homeland Security Barbecue tent in Mecca.

Working here in Dearborn Mi... the talk amongst the diverse cultures the last few days is troubling.

No disagreement there

Am curious though, what’s the talk been?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No disagreement there

Am curious though, what’s the talk been?

1st, let me say I just listen. I respond to E.R.'s....I'm not crazy enough to respond or comment...just listen. Most are furious the U.S. are there anyway...we all know that...but to set up residence(embassy) in the Holy City itself is like End Times prophecy beginning to come to pass.

Most of Arabic, Lebanese, Yemeni, Iranian, Iraqi, Palestinian, Arabians...are all furious that we are there to begin with. And I will warn ATS'rs this much:

You do NOT discipline the boys as they grow up in many middle eastern countries. And they grow up spoiled, entitiled and hating us while smiling to our faces. This is troubling.

I dont want to mean or imply this is the way of all...because that wouldnt be true. Many cultures are wonderful. But everyday Im out there with Police, Fire, Search and rescue and 1st Response. I see it all.

You learn a lOT by just observing. Thanks for asking. MS

edit on 7-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: Im no good without coffee...so now, Im gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Don't worry some Liberal Obama appointed judge will be along shortly to try and put a stop to it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join