It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
the potential 'cons' of this announcement will likely outweigh the speculated 'pros'. poking a hornet's nest deliberately is foolish. OF COURSE you will get stung.

but MAGA, i guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TonyS

It accomplishes exactly what Trump and his handlers want, chaos.

No, it finally recognizes the fact that, as long as Israel exists, Jerusalem will remain its Capital City.

It ends the fantasy, that some Palestinians may harbour, that this is a reality that may be negotiated in some future peace pact. It is non-negotiable.

So...this implementation of US Law (it is already the reality in Israel), merely makes it clear that the US recognizes that this item is going to be completely off the table in the two-state-solution talks to come.

Jerusalem will remain a sacred place for Jews, Muslims and Christians worldwide, but will reside within the State of Israel and will be under its protection and administration...next negotiating point please.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

And if those Muslims built a mosque near ground zero knowing full well what the reaction would be would you see them as victims for being attacked for it? The intent most certainly IS relevant.

Yes they would be victims!!!!

Good God are you serious?

The bad people would be the murders who attacked them!

Again, it's just like with charlie hebdo.

I guess those killed there weren't victims to you because they should have known the reaction.

Having fear that someone may kill you if you excercise your rights does not mean your are then to blame for excercising them.

I can't believe this needs to be said.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Great now nowhere will be safe everyone had better be on their toes and be aware of your surroundings at all times this will not go over well. Wonder what the main agenda is by doing this ?

I love these arguements against this.

"Watch all the violence the Palastinians will now unleash now that we recognized Israel's capital". Like our refusal to acknowledge Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was like a ransom demand that would be met with violence should we ever actually do what both the Senate and House have passed.

I'm tired of terror cowering our actions. Either the Palestinians want Peace or they do not. Balls in their court to show us which it is? I have no doubt the Palestinian leadership will disappoint.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: gortex

It's a bold move that's for sure. I'm not a fan of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood tough, which makes it hard for me to come to a conclusion what to think.
Ultimately I'm pro Israel and to finally give it recognition. The islamic mess has to be resolved by muslims. Jerusalem belongs to Israel.
I'm just a bit scared. Fear can't be the ultima ratio so.... let's go all in.
I guess

Ummm...I've got the same hopeful misgivings...

Lets see how this plays out...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This whole mess was started by your dear country, which you never seem to criticize, in case you forgot.

I support this move by Trump. This is also a huge blow to the Saudis, which is another win.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Exactly if we got to the point of Apocalypse, let's not forget: it's the Brits fault...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: face23785

Yeah I mean aside from the fact they let Palestinians live inside their country

Now I’m confused.
Is that a “two state solution”?

No, nor did I claim it to be. It shows they're willing to live alongside them though. Israel has agreed to give up certain lands before to form a second state. The Palestinians declined. This is a fact of history. Read up.

Then again, I’m confused as to why you brought up Palestinian reluctance of a two state solution, if your point wasn’t to suggest that Israel are for it.

I’m also aware of the history of that “offer”. It’s not really relevant to this particular story, in my opinion.

Israel are for it. And Palestine acting like moving a building to West Jerusalem is damaging to the peace process demonstrates they have no interest in a two-state solution. A two-state solution is NEVER going to happen without both sides retaining some part of Jerusalem. They are hanging on to some ridiculous notion that they're going to get the whole thing. That's not a serious approach.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You see the evangelicals and Jewish religious chauvinists Christian zionists will be the ones to bring this world to destruction not any Nazis or Klansmen

Trump has aligned himself with them.

Very sinister and dark people
edit on 6-12-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Who would have been the instigators in that situation? Do you call someone poking a bear stupid or smart?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

I didn't say there weren't any Democrats in favor of this. I'm well aware there are folks on both sides of the aisle who approve. I'm merely pointing out that Comrade Cheeto could be simply pandering to his base. It's hard to deny that a great deal of his base tends to be of the uber right-wing variety. Just saying.

In your haste to insult someone you don't know the first thing about you seem to have read too much into my comments.

Actually it looks like in your haste to find something to whine about with Trump, you failed to recognize this isn't a partisan issue. You're reading too much into today's announcement. You also have no idea what you're talking about with Trump's base. You just believe propaganda you've been fed. You should still change your username.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
the potential 'cons' of this announcement will likely outweigh the speculated 'pros'. poking a hornet's nest deliberately is foolish. OF COURSE you will get stung.
but MAGA, i guess.

Them crazy Arabs, huh? All they know is violence as a response. Do you listen to yourself? Can't we demand more from the Palestinians than "That's just what they do"?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Why does Trump care where Israel's capitol is? What does he have a stake in Jerusalem for? At best it is pandering to his base, at worst it is him poking the bear hoping for a reaction.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is a ballsy, but very much overdue move on the part of the United States. Obviously Jerusalem has always been Israel's city and the city most associated with their people. I see zero reason to criticize this declaration by Trump and, honestly, have always found it disgraceful that past presidents haven't already recognized Jerusalem as the capital.

This deepens our bond with our only dependable ally in that region.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This deepens our bond with our only dependable ally in that region.

That ally that attacked one of your Navy ships and cheerleadded the USA into Iraq but did F all to help?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Israel are for it.

High ranking official’s of Likud hold positions contrary to your claim.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Who would have been the instigators in that situation? Do you call someone poking a bear stupid or smart?

So you are saying the Muslims in this situation aren't humans capable of rational thoughts and responses, and they should not be given the dignity of personal responsibility? They are not human, they are vicous bears that must be coddled and avoided lest they will kill you.

Seems like a bigoted comparison to make.

I will chose to treat Muslims like everyone else, and give them the dignity of allowing themselves to be responsible for their own actions.

Instigation has nothing to do with it.

Killing someone or emactong violence because your feelings are hurt is not acceptable.

But please, tell me how the woman wearing the short skirt is to be blamed for instigating her rapist.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You see the evangelicals and Jewish religious chauvinists Christian zionists will be the ones to bring this world to destruction not any Nazis or Klansmen

Trump has aligned himself with them.

Very sinister and dark people

How is what you are doing any better than people saying Muslims are evil?

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is more evidence that Trump serves the Military Industrial Complex. With more wars in the Middle East, they can gain more money.

link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
but MAGA, i guess.

Them crazy Arabs, huh? All they know is violence as a response. Do you listen to yourself? Can't we demand more from the Palestinians than "That's just what they do"?

Well said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join