It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Trump has just killed the peace process , the Palestinians now have no hope.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said if Trump does this he will break diplomatic relations , other countries in the Middle East will also be against this move.

The world is becoming more divided , this is a sad day.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That ios exactly what I was thinking, only wrapped in different words. Why this now ?

link   
a reply to: gortex

Yup.

Unnecessary and stupid.

Like kicking a bee hive for #s and giggles.

link   
In 1995, the US Congress passed a law requiring America to move the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Proponents said the US should respect Israel's choice of Jerusalem as its capital, and recognize it as such.
So why hasn't the embassy moved yet?
Every President since 1995 -- Presidents Clinton, Bush and Obama -- has declined to move the embassy, citing national security interests.www.cnn.com...

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: face23785

They're not serious about a 2-state solution.

Neither are Israel.

Yeah I mean aside from the fact they let Palestinians live inside their country.

link   
This goes to prove that Trump is just another puppet doing what he's told by those behind the scenes. What stake does he have in Jerusalem other than to look like he's part of prophecy?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alexpmi

It could just amount to Comrade Cheeto pandering to his uber right-wing base.
He wouldn't be the first politician to do it. Look at all the worthless bones he tosses the religious right--acting as if he actually gives a crap what they think or want.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out that most of the Arab leaders are just blowing smoke. They're saying what they have to say. Behind closed doors their reaction won't be the same. A similar thing happened when Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear program in the 80s. All the Arab states expressed outrage in public, but in private meetings many of them were thankful because most of them didn't want a nutjob like Saddam to have nuclear weapons.

Knowing Trump though, he'll probably tweet out what they tell him in private like a dumbass and they'll have to deny that too.

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Grambler

Can anyone explain to me why ever in the world Trump chose this particular moment in history to recognize Jerusalem as the Capital?

I mean, honestly, how is this in any way in the best interest of the US? All it does is antagonize the Muslims in the ME and all to no particular purpose. Of all the problems in the world today, POTUS addresses this and its a non-problem except now it is of his own making.

Really weirdly stupid blunder in my opinion.

Trump campaigned on this.

But let me be clear, is your point that Muslims are so quick to anger and cause violence that when one country choses to move it's embassy to a different city in another country, they will cause violence?

Is this like the Charlie hebdo thing all over again.

If you draw a picture of mohammed, it's your fault when bad things hapoen, not the actual attackers.

Same here with moving an embassy.

I don't think we should avoid making decsions because a bunch of violent thugs threaten us.

link   

Real...not fake....negotiations can begin now. The Palestinians have an opportunity that may never come along again in our lifetime to do the real work at finding peace and brotherhood.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It's like fulfilling campaign promises is suddenly bad just because it's Trump. Morons.

Do your homework before calling others names.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: alexpmi

It could just amount to Comrade Cheeto pandering to his uber right-wing base.
He wouldn't be the first politician to do it. Look at all the worthless bones he tosses the religious right--acting as if he actually gives a crap what they think or want.

Yeah because it's only the uber right-wing that wants this. Nevermind that a bunch of Democrats in Congress voted for the bill to do this.

Change your username. You are not wise enough for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
It is time for a reckoning with the children of Ishmael...
Let them meet their destiny...

Long live Jerusalem, the capital of Israel...

-Chris

Wow, that sounds pretty... Culty?

No?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"Blessed are the peacemakers", Trump has been anything but a peacemaker ever since he's been in office, all he's done is stir the pot constantly. This will not end well and if war breaks out over it we can blame Trump for poking the bear.

Christians will love it though, they will see it as prophecy being fulfilled even though it is so obviously self-fulfilling.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Exactely, hence my question why now, knowing for sure about the possible negative consequences ??

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah I mean aside from the fact they let Palestinians live inside their country

Now I’m confused.
Is that a “two state solution”?

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Peeple

Trump has just killed the peace process , the Palestinians now have no hope.
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said if Trump does this he will break diplomatic relations , other countries in the Middle East will also be against this move.

The world is becoming more divided , this is a sad day.

Again, so you are saying moving the embassy to another Israeli city will make one side so mad they will refuse to have peace?

Its sounds to me like it would be near impossible to have peace with that side at all of such an action can spur them to violence.

link   

Right..........except for one, small point.

IT ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING!

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Can anyone explain to me why ever in the world Trump chose this particular moment in history to recognize Jerusalem as the Capital?

Because otherwise he would have had to sign off on another disingenuous "deferral" of the implementation of the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995...Bill Clinton was the President then BTW.

Guess he thought he should just go ahead and obey the law, as passed by the US Congress 22 years ago.
edit on 6-12-2017 by mobiusmale because: added a factoid

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It accomplishes exactly what Trump and his handlers want, chaos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join