It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singer Melanie Martinez accused of rape

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The Celebrity Chef's are next!

Surprised they weren't first.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Chick named Tim?

Ok.

Yeah that part needs some splaining to me. I could care less about who Martinez is, never even knew of them before this thread.

Watch it be a 4Chan trolling. Pretty amazed at all the hate that came out almost immediately according to the article.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Sounds like the first nights sleep over was awkward with all the sex orientation talk and constant pestering to engage in sexual activity.

Good thing she didn't sleepover the next night after that.......

This is getting ridiculous.

Should be easy to verify. She said her and Martinez were "best friends". Other people close to the story should be able to put two and two together and see if that part is corroborated.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is this now going to b a never-ending exposure of the soiled and sordid lives of celebrities and those who love them.

I am not degrading the impact of sexual assault, but anyone can make an accusation on social media, and we all know that this trial by media is a race to the bottom.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
the reality is that sex is murky and we are all adult enough to know it, so many things matter, body language, tone of voice, the conversations being had and so on, it's an almost endless list, and sometimes "no" means "yes"
unfortunately without being to watch it take place it's hard to tell for sure, but just from reading the article, and her telling of events, it would seem that, to some extent, she wanted this:
after a night spent with the singer repeatedly asking to have sex with her, she slept at her place the very next night.
Why, and why sleep in the same bed? Where was that boyfriend in all this? why not leave at any point during the first or second night?
call me cynical but it sounds more like guilt for cheating on her partner.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Well duh?
To cause outrage.

I believe in inoccent until proven guilty.
But i also believe that courts and gaps in the legal system cause criminals to get away.

I also think that humans are a VERY sexually active species, especially due to media influence.
This causes a lot of gray areas ie. ‘He touched my bum but i was drunk and let him’

Godspeed to humanity, and o yes...
#metoo

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So any time a relationship breaks down or if one party has a grudge, they can take to twitter facebook instagram and completely wreck their lives without proof? Nice...good old social media and public judge & jury

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ive never heard of either Melanie or her female friend named Tim.

Publicity stunt perhaps?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Apparently Innocent until proven guilty is a thing of the past.

How so? The government still has to prove you guilty over your presumed innocence.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently Innocent until proven guilty is a thing of the past.

How so? The government still has to prove you guilty over your presumed innocence.

Nah social media are now the judges and executioners. Her career is over even if she was proven innocent later in life. Fans of hers completely lost it. The trend is very concerning.

Still couldn't figure out what stanning is though. I'm too old for this crap.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Nah social media are now the judges and executioners.

Still doesn't have anything to do with 'innocent until proven guilty' which is in regards the government. Public perception is not the government.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Has the relationship between the two even been proved yet? The singer seems to be keeping quiet but it's not like I'm following it, save here.

Guess so..link

Martinez refers to her as Timothy as well and that they were "close".

“What she and I shared was a close friendship for a period of time. We came into each other’s lives as we were both starting our careers as artists, and we tried to help each other. We both had pain in dealing with our individual demons and the new paths we were forging, but I truly felt we were trying to lift each other up. She never said no to what we chose to do together. And although we parted ways, I am sending her love and light always.”
edit on 5-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Has the relationship between the two even been proved yet?

I don't know.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: pavil
Has the relationship between the two even been proved yet?

I don't know.
. See above I broke down and had to look.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I like all the comments that say “victim should be believed until the accused can prove their innocence”.

Not how this works folks.

Believing the victim isn’t about treating the accused as if a conviction has taken place. Believing the victim means that you are working on the premise that a crime has been committed and you need to support the victim with things like counseling, medical care, and diligent investigation.

It’s amazing to me how quickly people turn into little Hitler.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
MY name is Timothy Heller and I'm male and she could rape me anytime but im not that Timothy Heller
geeze i mean not if she has a penis! imagine my shock when i saw my name there wow! sorry my bad attempt at humor.
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: clairafication

edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: clairafication

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So, from what I read this chick was forced to get high forced to lay on her back forced to spread her legs recieved forced oral sex and forced to recieve a toy. Was asked repeatedly for hours about doing it. Why didnt she gtfo?

I know if one of my "best friends" kept on asking me to do sexual things repeatedly, it would be awkward and I would gtfo and never talk to him again because at that point you think that person is still your friend? Hmm. She didn't say that Melanie drugged her. The whole thing smells of bulls**t to me. Sorry but not sorry.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

So, from what I read this chick was forced to get high forced to lay on her back forced to spread her legs recieved forced oral sex and forced to recieve a toy. Was asked repeatedly for hours about doing it. Why didnt she gtfo?

I know if one of my "best friends" kept on asking me to do sexual things repeatedly, it would be awkward and I would gtfo and never talk to him again because at that point you think that person is still your friend? Hmm. She didn't say that Melanie drugged her. The whole thing smells of bulls**t to me. Sorry but not sorry.

This is nothing but her friend having regrets and trying to extort cash in exchange for silence. unless she has a rape kit to prove this its slander and falsifying charges.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This has turned into something grotesque.

And I don’t see any solution to it.

Probably it’s a big mistake to brand people for life on a charge as long as the person claims their innocence.

But the cats out the bag now and it’s a roaring lion

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Tundra

This is nothing but her friend having regrets and trying to extort cash in exchange for silence. unless she has a rape kit to prove this its slander and falsifying charges.

Think it's a little too late to extort. There are going to be a ton of things similar to this with many other people. Hard to know who to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join