It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Incoming Radar/Earth's Atmosphere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Here's some research that I've been pursuing for the last couple of hours:

1. CB Radio:The center frequency of the recorded signal is approx 55.2397 MHz. That's the second harmonic of a modified CB radio transmitting on a freeband variation of channel 16 or 17. Add in a poorly tuned linear amplifier, and the whole neighborhood can hear your QSO.

Conclusion: Less probable. It seems like this would have been seen before, as well as been experienced by others in the neighborhood.

2. "Overdense meteor:"

Overdense meteors are less numerous and correspond to brighter meteors. The reflections can last for seconds.

Looking at the AMS Meteor logs, there doesn't appear to have been any large fireballs with a timestamp corresponding to the recording. However there were a couple of large sightings during the overall timeframe of this event. And, I have experienced some weird time anomalies on AMS before.

Conclusion: Less probable. An incoming meteor with that anomalous signal would have been widely witnessed.

3. Aircraft. An aircraft could reflect the VHF signal from the Canadian TV station where it would be received in the DC area. However, given the distance between the transmitter and receiver is a little over 1000 km, the aircraft would have to fly at more than 20 km altitude (66,000 ft) in order for the signal to be properly reflected.

It would likely require the aircraft to fly in a SE to NW direction at an even higher altitude to account for the duration of the signal. Given the Doppler effect, because there is a slight negative offset in the center frequency of the recorded signal, versus the transmitter frequency, the aircraft would likely have been travelling away from the DC area at a significant rate of speed, along that trajectory.

It's interesting to note that in addition to normal aircraft, VHF RADAR is able to detect the presence of Stealth aircraft. The RADAR setup used to record this event is a VHF forward scatter type which is ideal for this application.

It would be interesting to see if there were any known, or unknown aircraft spotted on Civilian RADAR systems that would correspond to this event.

Conclusion: Less probable. I'm not aware of any publicly known aircraft that meets these specifications.

4. Spaceweather: Space weather is known to produce a number of different Electromagnetic effects on our planet. However, spaceweather.com doesn't indicate there were any significant events occurring at the time of the event.

Conclusion: Low probability.

5. Sporadic E Propagation is mentioned on the Live Meteors main page. This effect can cause strong continuous signals:

If you see and hear sometimes a strong continuous signal that runs for more than a minute or so, that is unlikely to be a meteor echo.

Sporadic E is most prevalent during the Summer, however, there is a small peak around Winter Solstice. Sporadic E cloud formations are thought to be influenced by solar radiation, and we had a Super Moon around the time of the event. (Just putting that out there as another unusual parameter timed with this event.)

Conclusion: Most probable. This effect is unpredictable and can occur at any time. However, it would be useful to compare this signal with a known signal caused by the sporadic E effect to provide more convincing evidence.

Just a few things that came to mind for me as I searched for possible causes of this long duration signal recorded by Live Meteors.

-dex

edit on 12/4/2017 by DexterRiley because: harmonics

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It's nothing, just some Sporadic E propagation. While it doesn't happen often, especially in winter, it does happen from time to time.

I'm going to copy the comment I made on the Reddit /r/conspiracy thread.

Oh for crying out loud.

It's nothing.

At 55Mhz you sometimes get very long distance ionospheric propagation, i.e. signals skipping/reflecting off of the ionosphere. This type of propagation is called "Sporadic E

". This type of propagation results in signals being received from stations up to several thousand kilometers away, reliably, over long periods of time. The signal OP is seeing and that everyone is getting worked up over is a result of Sporadic E propagation.

That same frequency band can also propagate by meteor scatter, i.e. signals reflecting off of the plasma trail left by meteors entering the atmosphere. Meteor scatter propagation only happens in very short bursts. Reception of those very short bursts allows us to detect meteors impacting our atmosphere.

Source: Ham radio operator.

Don't take my word for it, read the information on the damn website.

If you see and hear sometimes a strong continuous signal that runs for more than a minute or so, that is unlikely to be a meteor echo. VHF radio waves are sometimes affected by an unusual form of ionosphere propagation called "Sporadic E".

I personally get excited about this sort of thing, but that's because I'm a ham radio operator and unusual radio propagation like this interests me.
edit on 4-12-2017 by diachi because: (no reason given)

There's no conspiracy, no alien invasion, no Planet X. Just an interesting natural phenomenon.
edit on 4-12-2017 by diachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Another vote for Sporadic E propagation, but also to tsk-tsk 4 pages for ignoring another VERY obvious explanation -- space junk. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, it's a veritable junkyard in orbit up there, this crossed NO ONE'S mind? I'm not cross-referencing with the space junk/sat tracking sites, but if someone else feels like it, knock yourself out and see if anything re-entered around that time.
edit on 12/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Alien Invasion?

They show their presence not invasion imo . Call it powerplay.

Why invade your own creation . If they want to wipe us out than there are more effective silent ways to get us outta here..

Probably Alien Grandpa is going to spank our little environment of their creation just to let us know they are out there , so maybe to tease the ones who trying to hide all this . They are offering a global spring IMHO..

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

RAMA.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

RAMA.

Lama Ding Dong?

edit on 12/4/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

LOL

I signed in just to say I got your reference haha

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What the hell?

LOL.

No. Arthur C Clarks book series of Rama - the alien planet drifting through space. Well turns out that the Aliens are Robots.
edit on CSTMon, 04 Dec 2017 08:30:53 -06000000003108x053x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

HOLY ****. THANKS for the spoiler. I had just started reading the book yesterday and was really getting into it and wondering what the inhabitants were like. Me and my luck, jfc.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

You got 3 wrong, actually all of it is probable and is common. Therefore you got it all wrong lol.

Aircraft can make a great reflector at 56mhz, even at quarter wave lengths. No matter how high the aircraft, it only needs to be in the path of the tx and rx, the same with clouds etc.. Sure 60,000 ft will travel far, but so can 100 ft.

Wait I'll add more.
1. Doesn't make sense, experienced by the neighborhood? Wtf does that mean lol.
2. Like aitcraft, a meteor only needs to cross the tx and rx.
4 and 5 looks good.

edit on 4-12-2017 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
TR3-B Aurora Black Knight. Why do you think HAARP was built. Geesh

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Wasn`t harp built to make music?
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

You got 3 wrong, actually all of it is probable and is common. Therefore you got it all wrong lol. Aircraft can make a great reflector at 56mhz, even at quarter wave lengths. No matter how high the aircraft, it only needs to be in the path of the tx and rx, the same with clouds etc.. Sure 60,000 ft will travel far, but so can 100 ft.

In order to be in the path of the rx and tx, doesn't the object have to be visible to both sites? If so, 100 ft is definitely not high enough. Given the distance separating the tx and rx that requires the object to be at 20 km. Do the math.

1. Doesn't make sense, experienced by the neighborhood? Wtf does that mean lol.

Back in the old days, an improperly tuned CB and linear could cause RFI in stereos, televisions, radios and virtually any other electronic receiver any the house. People all over the neighborhood experienced the same thing. That's what that means.

2. Like aitcraft, a meteor only needs to cross the tx and rx.

See response above.

4 and 5 looks good.

They all look good. Do your research. LOL!

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

No... It does not have to be visible to both sites, it just needs to be between the rx and tx.

1. Modern TV's are not effected much by CB radio because they are much higher in frequency, the harmonics and rfi trash would hardly reach that high before fading out.

You would have to be literally sitting next to a HDTV to disrupt it's electronics. With the old TV's you could be blocks away, but that's not the case with modern tv's. Plus its a silly observation for 2017 lol.

2. . Again, it doesn't need to be seen to be picked up by the rx.

I can tell you did a google research.... your mixing the wrong terminology for this subject.
edit on 4-12-2017 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with modern systems as I should be. So, I'll take your word for it with respect to RFI infiltration in HDTVs and such. However, I think that standard radios, like clock radios, would still be susceptible to this type of interference.

No... It does not have to be visible to both sites, it just needs to be between the rx and tx.

The transmitter and receiver are 1000 km distant. Unless you are a flat-earther, you need to take into consideration the curvature of the earth when you define "between the rx and tx." The endpoints are over the horizon with respect to one another, thus to be "between the rx and tx" the object needs to be at such a high altitude.

I can tell you did a google research.... your mixing the wrong terminology for this subject.

I've been doing this type of stuff for a long time. But please feel free to show me where I have used the wrong terminology, if you can. But, I doubt it.

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I just checked outside and still no alien Mothership hovering over my house how about you guys?

I just did the wash, in case I need a change of pants, because if I see a mother-ship that's exactly what I'll need.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Even "WE" have basic technologies that cloak. However still gave you a star for your funny post

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with modern systems as I should be. So, I'll take your word for it with respect to RFI infiltration in HDTVs and such. However, I think that standard radios, like clock radios, would still be susceptible to this type of interference.

The transmitter and receiver are 1000 km distant. Unless you are a flat-earther, you need to take into consideration the curvature of the earth when you define "between the rx and tx." The endpoints are over the horizon with respect to one another, thus to be "between the rx and tx" the object needs to be at such a high altitude.

I've been doing this type of stuff for a long time. But please feel free to show me where I have used the wrong terminology, if you can. But, I doubt it.

-dex

Your CB terminology is silly haha... I did have a good laugh when you posted it.

No one is going to notice a little rfi static that came from a ufo or plane etc...especially on a clock radio! lol

Look I drew u a picture, that plane can be 100 ft to 60,000 ft, it doesnt matter. The atmosphere can be ionosphere or troposhere, again it doesnt matter much in this case.

You havent been doing it long enough... im not trying to be a dick, but your putting out false information.

Also notice the line of site!

This is as simple as it gets.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Your CB terminology is silly haha... I did have a good laugh when you posted it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Do I need to translate it for you? I've also been a ham for over 40 years.

No one is going to notice a little rfi static that came from a ufo or plane etc...especially on a clock radio! lol

Now I see. You don't understand the notion that the transmitter is essentially geographically co-located with the receiver. The offending transmitter is located within a short distance of the receiving system. Ground wave leakage and other spurious emissions from the high power transmission system overload the front end of the radio. Depending on the power of the signal, the RFI could be manifested as anything from minor static to fully intelligible speech.

I still experience CB generated RFI in the FM radio in my car. Every once in a while I'll pass a tractor-trailer on the highway where the driver is running some ungodly powerful linear amplifier. I get static in the radio that's indicative of a CB transmission.

Look I drew u a picture, that plane can be 100 ft to 60,000 ft, it doesnt matter. The atmosphere can be ionosphere or troposhere, again it doesnt matter much in this case.

Actually the atmospheric level is somewhat important. However, only the ionosphere when it is exhibiting the Sporadic E. propagation effect will reflect VHF signals. When Sporadic E. propagation is absent, even the ionosphere doesn't reflect VHF transmissions at 55 MHz.

Based on your very nice drawing, it appears that your detection method relies on some form of atmospheric reflection of the RF signal. Since these VHF frequencies are not subject to such reflection, what you propose is incorrect.

Also notice the line of site!

I assume that you mean there is no line-of-sight to your detected object. That is correct.

You havent been doing it long enough... im not trying to be a dick, but your putting out false information.

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, your misunderstanding of the information I've presented is leading you to that erroneous conclusion.

-dex

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorsen

HOLY ****. THANKS for the spoiler. I had just started reading the book yesterday and was really getting into it and wondering what the inhabitants were like. Me and my luck, jfc.

Sorry

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join