It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You slept with my wife. I'm suing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well this is ridiculous.

What a moron.

That dudes marriage was already ruined if the wife was stepping out on him.

All bout the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That dudes marriage was already ruined if the wife was stepping out on him.

Exactly. This law goes back to a time that women were property in everything but name. That # was done away with 50 years ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The lawsuit, which was filed Wednesday, according to TMZ Sports, is seeking more than $25,000 in damages from Cox.

Cox, 26, signed a six-year contract extension worth $102 million with the Eagles last year. The two-time Pro Bowl player has logged 14 tackles, 4.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery this season.
uk.sports.yahoo.com...

I wonder why ONLY $25,000.....Is that all he considers her worth. Maybe, the husband is sending a message, too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe, the husband is sending a message, too.

Yeah, "I"m a huge pussy."

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Frankly I'm just amazed that our resident right-wingers aren't in here calling this dude a cuck. If ever there was a fitting moment for it...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Or...."You might think I'm a huge pword, but hell !....I'm $25,000 richer for putting up with that bword for as long as I did!"

Who knows. It's worth a try. Cox is a scumbag, the woman a cheater, so why not? This husband's life is upturned because of a picture and a promise.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Who knows. It's worth a try. Cox is a scumbag, the woman a cheater, so why not? This husband's life is upturned because of a picture and a promise.

Or he could suck it up, accept his responsibility in this and finally BE A MAN. Like I said, either he married the wrong woman or he wasn't fulfilling her (don't go there guys. Keep it classy.
) Happy women don't step out.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Remembering one of my recent threads, perhaps he should have challenged the other man to a duel;
Pistols at dawn

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Frankly I'm just amazed that our resident right-wingers aren't in here calling this dude a cuck. If ever there was a fitting moment for it...

Maybe because the resident right-wingers are intelligent enough to know the meaning of the word cuck?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Better than killing him. Ruin a marriage, apparently, and get sued for it. Better use of a law suit than many I've seen.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Do you think he has a hope in hell of winning? I wouldn't even settle for a dollar if I was Cox. It's pointless imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Like I said, this would be a perfect time to use the much exalted term.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I doubt it. Unless he's got pictures or something of the sort. Back in the day, Cox would have been called out, not sure getting to walk away, after, allegedly, ruining lives untouched is exactly right. But, yeah, odds are he does.

Doesn't change the fact that this is, at least, a bit less frivolous than some of the law suits we see...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I had the exact same thought.

((you should be worried...))

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Or he could suck it up, accept his responsibility in this and finally BE A MAN. Like I said, either he married the wrong woman or he wasn't fulfilling her (don't go there guys. Keep it classy.
) Happy women don't step out.

You must be very young and inexperienced.

Sometimes, when the wrong/right? man coerces and takes advantage of an opportune and perhaps weak moment, a woman can make a mistake. If he is rich, famous, and manipultive, he can make it happen sometimes.

Instead of letting it remain a one-nite mistake, Cox followed up with a PICTURE (oh my!!) and a promise of babies! IMO, he has no character.

She will have it happen to her later. Wait and see. He will cheat on her as sure as fate.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Alienation of affection is a very real and actionable offense. That is just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Alienation of affection is a very real and actionable offense. That is just the way it is.

Maybe but proving it in court is a completely different thing. IF it came to trial the # flying for character assassination would put is case out the door day one.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Although I don't agree with suing the other guy, I do think that adultery should be considered psychological abuse.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There are pics and texts. The husband can prove Cox is a scumdog and went after his wife. Cox is the one whose character (if he has any) will be smeared.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Although I don't agree with suing the other guy, I do think that adultery should be considered psychological abuse.

Apparently one side of this marriage didn't think so. Says a lot about WHO should be sued here then. The wife. SHE'S the one that "alienated their love and affection".

See? And I'm not even a lawyer. They would come up with legal talk and it would be over before it began.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join