It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You slept with my wife. I'm suing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Suing. Seems the thing to do these days...or any reason. This bit was in the news this morning:

Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox is being sued by a North Carolina man who accuses Cox of having an affair with the man's wife and ruining their marriage, TMZ Sports reported.

According to the report, Joshua Jeffords alleges that Cox slept with his wife while she was on a business trip to Pennsylvania in April. Jeffords claimed the relationship then continued via text messages, which he believes serves as proof that Cox is liable for "alienation of affection."

Per TMZ, an alienation-of-affection case under North Carolina state law can be won if three different factors are proved:

1) You and your spouse had a genuine love and affection.

2) The love and affection was alienated and destroyed.

3) Malicious acts of a 3rd party produced the alienation of affection. Malicious is presumed if there's proof of sexual intercourse.

uk.sports.yahoo.com...

I have many problems with this type of legal action. First off maybe you married the wrong person. Secondly maybe your marriage isn't as good as it should be because YOU haven't given it the proper attention. Thirdly this looks like a good way to "win the lotto" so to speak. A couple could target someone to earn free money.

The three points that must be justified are easily manipulated and just a easily dismissed. How do you prove genuine affection? If the wife slept around t sure makes one think otherwise. And having sex with anothers wife is a "malicious act"? This is an antiquated, and ambiguous law and should be removed.

We've stooped pretty low as a society when marital infidelity can lead to civil action. What a waste of the courts time. Any lawyer that peruses such an action should be slapped by the judge. Stop wasting our time.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'd opine that if this happened to Fletcher Cox, local plumber/bus driver, We wouldn't be looking at these folks' filthy laundry... Now if Ol Fletch owned the plumbing bidness/bus line, maybe...

Who texts anymore?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Alienation of affection is absolutely a real thing and can be used legally.

I don't think it is used as often as it could be or should be.

Especially in light of the recent revelations about how some men coerce and coax women to engage with them even when the women don't initially want to interact affectionately, more people should consider using this legal charge. Unfortunately, some women don't feel they can stand up to these leacherous big-name monied men and just kick 'em in the n*ts and walk out.

Too many women cower out of a variety of reasons, and sometimes what started out as giving in turns into an ongoing affair that would never have happened if the male aggressor had not pursued the married woman.

edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling and grammar corrections

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I'd sue the guy too! In fact...according to the 10 Commandments...."Thou shalt not commit adultery"...can't kill they guy so take him to court for what he is worth.

On the other hand can't blame his wife for wanting to have "Cox" in her life. bwahahah
edit on 1-12-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Can't for the life of me figure out how these soy boy types can look at themselves in the mirror......

Almost feel sorry for the poor little sissy.

link   
This is an attempt to revive an old custom.
Actions against a wife's lover for "enticement" were a Victorian phenomenon, like actions for "breach of promise". I've just googled "enticement", and discovered that both forms of legal action were abolished in the UK in 1970. I suspect, then, that the American version of common law has inherited the same precedents.

edit on 1-12-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's not adultery(seeing as we seem to be puritanical here) that's sexual assault.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Suing. Seems the thing to do these days...or any reason. This bit was in the news this morning:

Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox is being sued by a North Carolina man who accuses Cox of having an affair with the man's wife and ruining their marriage, TMZ Sports reported.

According to the report, Joshua Jeffords alleges that Cox slept with his wife while she was on a business trip to Pennsylvania in April. Jeffords claimed the relationship then continued via text messages, which he believes serves as proof that Cox is liable for "alienation of affection."

Per TMZ, an alienation-of-affection case under North Carolina state law can be won if three different factors are proved:

1) You and your spouse had a genuine love and affection.

2) The love and affection was alienated and destroyed.

3) Malicious acts of a 3rd party produced the alienation of affection. Malicious is presumed if there's proof of sexual intercourse.

uk.sports.yahoo.com...

I have many problems with this type of legal action. First off maybe you married the wrong person. Secondly maybe your marriage isn't as good as it should be because YOU haven't given it the proper attention. Thirdly this looks like a good way to "win the lotto" so to speak. A couple could target someone to earn free money.

The three points that must be justified are easily manipulated and just a easily dismissed. How do you prove genuine affection? If the wife slept around t sure makes one think otherwise. And having sex with anothers wife is a "malicious act"? This is an antiquated, and ambiguous law and should be removed.

We've stooped pretty low as a society when marital infidelity can lead to civil action. What a waste of the courts time. Any lawyer that peruses such an action should be slapped by the judge. Stop wasting our time.

The guy is suing because his wife slept with a rich football player. If it was just another broke guy on the street, there would be no lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
He has no obligation to not sleep with the woman. The obligation is hers, its her contract she is violating.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: queenofswords

That's not adultery(seeing as we seem to be puritanical here) that's sexual assault.

Just switch the his and hers around because of equality reasons.

But yeah, Cox sexually assaulted HIS wife.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I'd sue the guy too! In fact...according to the 10 Commandments...."Thou shalt not commit adultery"...can't kill they guy so take him to court for what he is worth.

On the other hand can't blame his wife for wanting to have "Cox" in her life. bwahahah

As a man I'd be doubly embarrassed going that route. Not only couldn't I keep my wife happy I'd pussify myself by taking it to court, not dealing with it as a man.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's what I thought. A law that was killed by the sexual revolution. Apparently not in some areas.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

First off marriage is stupid, but if you decide to get into one, you are entering a legal contract. Contracts are only as good as the words in them. If you enter into a marriage contract, then all of the terms need to be clearly outlined as well as the consequences of breaking those terms. Some terms are implied, such as fidelity, and the 50% rule. He should sue his wife for alimony and child support.

It does seem like there should be some consequence for breaking marriage vows or sleeping with someone who is in a contract with someone else. Why is that such a foreign concept in cases where it could be proven, confession, video, or a pregnancy?
edit on 1-12-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Never understood why people insist on going after the person that their own partner cheated with.

Well, aside from cases like this where there's an obvious money angle.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So....she was perfectly happy in her marriage till she saw the picture Cox sent (uh oh...oh my!!) and his message that he wanted to get her pregnant.

(LOLOLOL....Cox misspelled the word "all"....does she REALLY want to have this man's babies?)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If someone knew i was with my partner and ignored that....then they have an ass whooping coming. While polite society would look down on this, polite society isn't the ones Im worried about seeing me accept being a punk.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Hmmmmmm, I think if the lady gets impregnated by Cox then that's a different story since often times, men get screwed over by child support laws and there are cases when men are forced to pay child support even though the kid isn't biologically related to him.
edit on 12/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Can't for the life of me figure out how these soy boy types can look at themselves in the mirror......

Almost feel sorry for the poor little sissy.

Dude was a marine.

But hey # liberals yeah? Amirite? Hahaha!

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Know who else knew you were with your partner?

Your partner.

I get what you're saying but at that point it's already done, you've already been horned. Kicking somebody's ass isn't going to change that.

Besides. No matter how epic an ass kicking you deliver, it can all be undone with one little phrase, exhibited at the end of this:

edit on 1-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: fixed the profanity

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

hahahaha!! That's right alright. (Still laughing.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join