It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You slept with my wife. I'm suing.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Can you use cheating in a divorce case anymore? I thought it was no fault divorce or something.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Wow. That would sure make you focus haha.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Anyone in favor of this guy being able to sue are wusses. Your wife is not property she is a partner. If you are unhappy with the partner's actions dissolve the partnership. Happens in business every day. You thought your partner was ok but you just caught him shooting up in the back room. Would it be allowed to sue the drug dealer?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Like any contract, there should be penalties for breaking it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Anyone in favor of this guy being able to sue are wusses. Your wife is not property she is a partner. If you are unhappy with the partner's actions dissolve the partnership. Happens in business every day. You thought your partner was ok but you just caught him shooting up in the back room. Would it be allowed to sue the drug dealer?

Nope, not everyone resolves their issues in the same way.
Just because you can only see one way, doesn't mean it is the only one.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I agree but only the wife is party to the contract.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wife Wins $9 Million From Husband's Alleged Mistress

A North Carolina woman who won $9 million in a lawsuit against her husband's alleged mistress has a simple message for would-be homewreckers out there: "lay off."

"My main message is to all those women out there who might have their eyes on some guy that is married to not come between anybody," Cynthia Shackelford told "Good Morning America" today. "It's not good to go in there. It hurts the children. My children are devastated. I'm devastated.

"Allan [Shackelford's husband] and I joked about sitting in rocking chairs and having a glass of wine or whatever and talking about what our children did when they were little. That's never going to happen now."

Lives are ruined when someone goes after another's spouse.

"It takes two to do it, but it does sometimes take one to push in to something and create a problem," she said.

edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Oh totally, he should be suing her, not the other dude.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I consider what the husband did to be abuse towards the wife and children. I know it isn't a popular opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Aazadan

Can you use cheating in a divorce case anymore? I thought it was no fault divorce or something.

I don't know honestly. If an asset split gets messy though it could get you some favor with a judge or arbitration.

My best guess is that it varies by state.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I'd sue the guy too! In fact...according to the 10 Commandments...."Thou shalt not commit adultery"...can't kill they guy so take him to court for what he is worth.

On the other hand can't blame his wife for wanting to have "Cox" in her life. bwahahah

As a man I'd be doubly embarrassed going that route. Not only couldn't I keep my wife happy I'd pussify myself by taking it to court, not dealing with it as a man.

I'd say the real pussy is the one who gives a crap what random a-holes think of him.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

If he rolled over and stayed with his wife after she cheated, then I could see maybe calling him a wussy. He didn't though, he filed for divorce and left her.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Dudemo5

If he rolled over and stayed with his wife after she cheated, then I could see maybe calling him a wussy. He didn't though, he filed for divorce and left her.

Even then no one has the right to call him a wuss.

I think it would be a bad idea and make for a toxic relationship, but that's me, some people are more able to forgive and move on than others, I don't think that is something to portray in a negative light.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's why I said maybe. I wouldn't be able to be with someone if they cheated. Total deal breaker.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That's why I said maybe. I wouldn't be able to be with someone if they cheated. Total deal breaker.

I agree, but, there is an argument that would say staying with your marriage would take more strength than just tossing it away.
I don't think it's remotely helpful to be tossing around words like wuss when talking about someone else's marriage. Unless, say you are talking about a bloke beating his wife, in which case, wuss (and far worse names) are justified.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I agree, but, there is an argument that would say staying with your marriage would take more strength than just tossing it away.

I don't buy that argument. Also I agree about the name calling, never helps anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Alienation of affection is a very real and actionable offense. That is just the way it is.

Maybe but proving it in court is a completely different thing. IF it came to trial the # flying for character assassination would put is case out the door day one.

You would think so, but in reality it ends up being proven quite often. It can happen in a number of ways, not just infidelity. Any time someone interferes in a relationship that ends up with someone losing the affection of another this suit can be filed. The more serious or involved the relationship was to begin with the better your chances are to win the case. If you just started dating a woman and some guys comes in a sweeps her off her feet, you don't stand much of a chance winning a law suit. But if you have been together for years and some guy wedges his way in and comes between the two of you knowing she was involved in a long term relationship, your chances are good. Ultimately you have to prove some kind of financial loss or mental/emotional suffering in order to receive compensation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
a reply to: Autorico

I agree but only the wife is party to the contract.

Not entirely accurate. Corporations are often sued for contract interference and poaching contracted employees from other companies, and they routinely lose those lawsuits and are ordered to pay the jilted company damages for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You married a whore.
Move on.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's a little strong, I would say she has poor impulse control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join