It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
You cannot bring an administration down with only assumptions.

That has not stopped the left from trying.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Look, the alphabet agencies ROUTINELY monitor conversations with people like Kislyak. It's called signals intelligence.

yeah I understand that...I was trained to repair and maintain some of that gear while i served

Why? Because "diplomats" tend to moonlight as spies. So it's kind of in the interest of national security.

yep you are correct...foreign nationals are fair targets...
you know who are not? AMERICAN CITIZENS WITHIN THE USA
Flynn speaking to a russian is not illegal
To prove Flynn spoke to that russian, Flynn would have had to be unmasked. There are also specific rules for that.

By charging Flynn with lying to the fbi about speaking to a russian Mueller has ADMITTED that the ic of the usa was spying on the incoming opposition party.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nobody has addressed my question: Flynn contacted the Russian ambassador. So what? What law is that supposed to be breaking? And by extension, what is Trump supposed to have done wrong even if he did ask Flynn to talk to the guy? (I'm not assuming he did. Flynn was fired specifically for lying to the White House.)
edit on 1-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah, so back to anonymous sources then.

But I love the way you guys have suddenly discovered a love of the truth after eight years of Obama.

link   
The plea entered acknowledged that the statements he's being charged with lying about were the same things he lied to Pence about. Seems unlikely that would be entered into the court record if they were going down the route that he actually didn't lie to Pence.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for the context - I han't made it through the 10+ pages, threads like this are difficult to follow every step of the way.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this right here is going to be the big news until we find out what he testifies about.. then who knows

link   
www.vox.com...

Now this should be interesting.

ABC News’ @BrianRoss reports that Flynn is prepared to testify President Trump directed him to make contact with Russians

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Nobody has addressed my question: Flynn contacted the Russian ambassador. So what? What law is that supposed to be breaking?

No law was broken by talking to Russians.

Lying to the FBI about meeting / contacts with Russians is the crime.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Isn't THAT the truth!

When you read WaPo after awakening to their true nature, it's like reading a propaganda piece for the Democrats. When I re-read their article from Feb. about Flynn's so-called downfall, this fact jumps out plain as day. Obama, the Clintons, Obama's DOJ, parts of the IC, were maneuvering and covering up in advance of Pres. Trump's take over.

I think the corruption in the last few years has been so deep and global, that it may be damned near impossible to get justice from Justice. We'll see. The People are not going to stand for business as usual.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Nobody has addressed my question: Flynn contacted the Russian ambassador. So what? What law is that supposed to be breaking? And by extension, what is Trump supposed to have done wrong even if he did ask Flynn to talk to the guy? (I'm not assuming he did. Flynn was fired specifically for lying to the White House.)

Correct. Even if he promised them they were going to lift the sanctions, that's not illegal either.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
www.vox.com...

ABC News’ @BrianRoss reports that Flynn is prepared to testify President Trump directed him to make contact with Russians

Yeah its spin to try and portray this as something its not.

All transitions make contact with foreign governments before they take the reigns on inauguration day. It is called transition for a reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: face23785

When you read WaPo after awakening to their true nature, it's like reading a propaganda piece for the Democrats.

Well there's a reason for that. We know from the Wikileaks emails some of these "journalists" run their pieces by Dem officials before they run them.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: grey580
www.vox.com...

Yeah its spin to try and portray this as something its not.

All transitions make contact with foreign governments before they take the reigns on inauguration day. It is called transition for a reason.

Sounds to me like an overzealous reporter thought he heard what he's been waiting to hear (Trump colluded!) and reported this without thinking it through.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Definition of collusion
: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

acting in collusion with the enemy

www.merriam-webster.com...

"collusion" is in of of itself, isn't a crime, but does often time involves criminal activities. you can collude with your coworkers to plan a surprise birthday party.. it wouldn't be criminal unless you used the company funds without prior permission to pay for the party though or some other illegal thing.

what I understand from what I am hearing about the charges of which flynn plead guilty to, it seems that basically flynn ask the russian to delay response to the sanctions that obama imposed on them... possibly with the understanding that the trump administration would get rid of those sanctions once in office.
collusion is not longer a question, it's a fact, since technically, this interaction was against a law...

an incoming president, or their administration isn't to undermine the current presidents decisions or foreign policies.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
he shouldve changed his name to clinton.

woulda got off scott-free

But...but...Hillary!! LOL!

link   
Yeah - more specific info coming out now that Flynn was directed by senior Trump official to make contact with various governments, including Russia, with regards to a UN vote.

It also takes place after Trump was sworn in.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Shooterbrody...I always enjoy your logic and clear explanations.

Would the fact that Flynn was in the Dominican Republic when he conversed with the Russian ambassador by phone be relevant to what you just said?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Saiker

So Mueller is charging Flynn with lying to the FBI for the same incident Trump fired him for. So Mueller took 9 months longer than Trump to recognize what Flynn did.

It's called due process.

Something autocrat Trump seems to really dislike.

Wait ...

So did Matt Lauer get due process? How about Harvey Weinstein?

I mean, no one went to court to discover if the claims against them were true. They just got fired. Does that mean the execs and the board of their companies are a bunch of evil autocrats like Trump?

Is this about Lauer & Weinstein , or Flynn (who was charged)?

Nice deflection.
edit on 1-12-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Yeah - more specific info coming out now that Flynn was directed by senior Trump official to make contact with various governments, including Russia, with regards to a UN vote.

Damn, can you imagine the level of letdown? #resist finally thought this was it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It's a comparison.

You think firing someone is evil and autocratic?

Or is it only that way because Trump does it?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join