It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
ABc's Brian Ross is reporting Flynn will testify that Trump and transistion officials ordered him to contact Russia.
This was when Trump was a candidate and the transistion after the election.

Fox reports the Dow has fallen 200 points on this unconfirmed news.

I'm sure Flynn's stellar reputation as a honest guy will help their case for Russian Collusion tremendously!!

lol

Flynn is just the beginning. More Indictments are to follow...many more.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This is going to be an awesome week end, i cant wait to see how the right spins this one. TIC TOC

What to spin?

He lied to the FBI.

Yes, so he did nothing wrong until the FBI spied on him and entrapped him.

link   

originally posted by: face23785
So the rumor is Flynn said Trump directed him to contact Russia. What's being reported was actually said in court was that "senior transition officials" directed him to contact Russia.

Odd question, but did they say which side the transition officials were from in court?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Did Hillary have a transition team? Or are you referring to Obama admin officials?
edit on 1-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Then people should learn the difference and stop repeating the talking points of the left by using collusion.

It appears you are repeating the Right Wing talking points, focusing on the term "collusion" to dismiss the charges that have come down, or may be coming in the future.

"Collusion" may very well be an issue here. It just may come under a different "name".

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did Hillary have a transition team?

Obama did. Would think it likely Hillary had one set up as well bit not sure.
edit on 12/1/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, I thought of that after posting.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
ABc's Brian Ross is reporting Flynn will testify that Trump and transistion officials ordered him to contact Russia.
This was when Trump was a candidate and the transistion after the election.

Fox reports the Dow has fallen 200 points on this unconfirmed news.

OK. Is this supposed to be illegal, or even unethical?

Good question. I suppose it depends on the reason for the contact. If Flynn is testifying against Trump, his family members and staff for directing him to deal with Russia they must have some dirt. But who can trust Flynn, he's a proven liar. Could be lying now to cover his own ass and his sons.

link   
a reply to: FamCore

The question I was asked was did I have any reason to believe that Flynn hadn't lied to the administration about his communications with Kislyak.

But yes, in general, I would think it's "wishful thinking" to assume that any administration is being perfectly honest. However, I think the Trump administration is uniquely full of #.

Also, this is breaking:

The Hill - Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is expected to testify that President Trump instructed him to contact Russian officials during the 2016 campaign, ABC News reports.

Trump "directed him to make contact with the Russians," ABC's Brian Ross said Friday, just moments after Flynn entered a guilty plea for lying about his contact with Russians during the presidential transition period.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Did Hillary have a transition team?

Yes they both should/would have had a small team in place for transition prior to winning the election.

Hillary's team may have been a little larger since she "knew" she has stolen the election....Or so she thought!!

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This is going to be an awesome week end, i cant wait to see how the right spins this one. TIC TOC

What to spin?

He lied to the FBI.

Yes, so he did nothing wrong until the FBI spied on him and entrapped him.

Spied on - I can agree with that.

Entrapped? Cant buy into that one given it would require a person acting under color of law to get a person to do something they would not normally do.

As a side note Flynn just left the court house on his own and not in custody.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What difference does it make? Amirite?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Then people should learn the difference and stop repeating the talking points of the left by using collusion.

It appears you are repeating the Right Wing talking points, focusing on the term "collusion" to dismiss the charges that have come down, or may be coming in the future.

"Collusion" may very well be an issue here. It just may come under a different "name".

So you want us to believe he will be charged with collusion, but it won't be named collusion?

Stretching this a bit, aren't you?

The fact is the only crime Flynn admits to didn't exist until the FBI got involved. Respond to that!

link   

There are reports (unconfirmed so far) that Flynn told the FBI he was directed by Trump, during the campaign, to make contact with the Russians.

Again an action that is not illegal and all depending on the reasons for the outreach.

That is why we should wait and see what happens.

The Trump defenders are putting the cart before the horse here, in an attempt to deflect and defend.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It has already been discussed that he said in court "senior transition officials" without specifying who. Brian Ross who reported this seems to have speculated it was Trump.

link   

But collusion is what the special council was convened for.....

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Who is Zainab N. Ahmad? She is the second person listed on the charges document. Her expertise has been in counterterrorism, but suddenly in 2017, she gets assigned to Mueller's team? From wiki:

In the spring of 2016, Ahmad took a leave from the U.S. Attorney's Office in E.D.N.Y to work at Justice Department headquarters ("Main Justice"), at the request of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, dealing with transnational organized crime and international affairs.[2] She returned to the E.D.N.Y. in April 2017, remaining there until July 2017, when she was selected by special counsel Robert Mueller to join the 2017 Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice team assembled to probe Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and related matters.[1]

She's muslim. Just noting that for no other reason than filing it in the margins of my mind.
edit on 1-12-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

There are reports (unconfirmed so far) that Flynn told the FBI he was directed by Trump, during the campaign, to make contact with the Russians.

Again an action that is not illegal and all depending on the reasons for the outreach.

That is why we should wait and see what happens.

The Trump defenders are putting the cart before the horse here, in an attempt to deflect and defend.

and the Trump haters are assuming a sinister act in an attempt to bring this administration down.

Funny how that road works...

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

it would makes sense for them to try to insulate pence from the whole thing though.
maybe pence is their golden boy, unable to actually win the election, but able to ride on trump's coat tails to the position of vp. trump's well known connections with russia's shady characters along with other weaknesses would make him an easy target in this kind of set up which would lead to his impeachment. leaving pence in power, and us heading to the next christian crusade against islam and them placing in the christian style of sharia law.

but to be honest, there's no telling really just what is going on, mueller could possibly have enough now to sink the whole bunch and just letting things out slowly hoping to lessen the public's reaction.... or he could have enough to exonerate trump...
we just don't know.

by the way there's been a few psychics coming out and saying obama will be coming back on a temporary basis till a new election is done.. for this to happen either they would have to find evidence that the elections was compromised to the point to being invalid, or that everyone in the line of succession was taken down through the investigation.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

So you want us to believe he will be charged with collusion, but it won't be named collusion?

No. I said collusion can come in many forms and we should wait to see what happens before we say collusion never happened.

I also said nothing about him being charged.

Stretching this a bit, aren't you?

No. What I said is perfectly reasonable.

The fact is the only crime Flynn admits to didn't exist until the FBI got involved. Respond to that!

You mean the only crime he plead guilty to. We do not know what else he may have admitted.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join