It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cyber Affair Leads To Divorce: They Were Already Married To Each Other.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
An online love story went bad for a Jordanian couple when it turned out that they were already married. The separated couple had turned to the internet after several months but then found each other again when they agreed to get married and meet. The fallout and shock was just too much and the couple will now be divorcing.

story.news.yahoo.com
AMMAN (AFP) - A budding romance between a Jordanian man and woman turned into an ugly public divorce when the couple found out that they were in fact man and wife, state media reported.

Separated for several months, boredom and chance briefly re-united Bakr Melhem and his wife Sanaa in an Internet chat room, the official Petra news agency said.

Bakr, who passed himself off as Adnan, fell head over heels for Sanaa, who signed off as Jamila (beautiful) and described herself as a cultured, unmarried woman -- a devout Muslim whose hobby was reading, Petra said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You just never know who you are chatting with on the other side of your IM. Reminds me a story many years ago. Here I was a new grad nurse just off of orientation. We had these two women who had preemies and they had bonded together even though thier kids were on the other side of the unit. When the time came to transfer them to the regular care area they requested that they share a room. Imagine the shock when "dad" came to visit and both kids were his!. To the womens credit they did not take it out on each other rather him.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Oh wow..this is what nightmares are made out of...
..You just never know, do you.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very, very funny.

Although it does seem strange to me that it didn't bring them back together.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Fate intervenes, gives them the answer that was right in front of them all along, and yet they still ignore the gift. The 21st century rewrite of "The Gift of the Magi".

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Reminds me of a friend who decided to "suprise" his online "girlfriend" with a real life visit.

She was a 300 pound man

*SUPRISE*

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
People this is sad, they were mean for each other, after all they were already married and they rediscovered each other again in the internet.

I should be a love story no a divorce.

Do anybody remember the (pina colada song) is one of my favorites because of the story of the couple.

The name of the song is Escape.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Reminds me of an old song....you know the one....

Do you like Pina Coladas....and walks in the rain?

EDIT: Doh! Great minds think alike, hehe....

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is as funny (well, maybe, not so funny) as the Israeli who went on a business trip, ordered a call girl and his daughter showed up. He cut his trip short to go home to tell his wife of the incident and she promptly filed for divorce.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Reminds me of an old song....you know the one....

Do you like Pina Coladas....and walks in the rain?

EDIT: Doh! Great minds think alike, hehe....

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Gazrok]

I got the two CDs on "Summertime splash" it has all those nice summer songs.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Years ago, Liza Minnelli (when she was still cute and sliim) did a song based on a true story of a man and woman who met and fell in love on an exotic vacation, only to learn that they had both been living in the same apartment building in New York all along.

[edit on 05/2/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Inevitable Punchline

They'll be back together before you know it.

Mark my words.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
They'll be back together before you know it.

Remember, it's a Muslim couple. She was cheating on him and he was cheating on her, but she is likely to wind up dead in a ditch somewhere, as a result.

In Islam, what's good for the gander is not always so good for the goose.

[edit on 05/2/13 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join