It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White Racism' course at Florida university teaches that America is 'white supremacist society'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dr. Ted Thornhill professor of sociology is helping college students find the "truth". He will ensure that students know about white racism and racial inequality.

Dr. Ted Thornhill, a Florida Gulf Coast University sociology professor, told Fox News in a statement his class this spring is “about the search for truth” and any controversy around the title or description proves its “urgency.”

“Too many Americans, especially whites, are cocooned in a ‘bubble of unreality’ as it concerns racial matters,” Thornhill said.

Students will read “important scholarship” to “gain a deeper and more sophisticated understanding of race, white racism, racial inequality, and white supremacy,” in addition to challenging “widely and adamantly held, but empirically unsubstantiated myths about racial matters in the U.S.,” Thornhill said.
www.foxnews.com...

And the statement that, in my opinion, seals this wing nut college professor's fate is "all white people". When ever you take any group of people of the same race and make a wide stroke assertion that they all universally share, it is racism.
And some of the light-hearted discussions of the class is slavery, genocide, internment, rape......

“Clearly, not all white people are racists; some are even anti-racist,” Thornhill said, though he added all white people “derive, in some measure, material and psychological benefits by virtue of being racialized as white.”

Thornhill told Hello SWFL the class would discuss slavery, genocide, internment, segregation, discrimination, rape, violence, and theft against non-Europeans throughout U.S. history.

Luckily professor Thornhill is helping people get over racism----right?

Thornhill says the new course wasn’t developed in response to racially charged messages found around campus last fall, but instead to give students a broad idea of the history of racism, white supremacy and how to challenge racism in today’s society, according to FOX4.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
God I hate white people.

Glad I'm not racist like them.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Professor Dr. Ted Thornhill is that you?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Is stupid a race, cuz I hate stupid?
Oh hell, I hate everybody equally.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I was never at that house and I've never met that girl in my life.

I mean no, i'm not him. My name is Dr. Ned Cornhill.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I wonder how much he makes to teach everyone about his oppression?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I wonder how much he makes to teach everyone about his oppression?

"If you white, you ain't right!". So says the idiots bitching the most about racism while being Racist!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

If the course was about how racism is inherent in all cultures, and how to recognize it from any angle, then i would be all for it, because it is real, and any individual could do something that might be percieved as a slight. The problem is that people aren't really that kind to eachother in the first place. Any percieved impoliteness from one demographic to another is automatically ruled racism.

I was at a store a while back and a white guy cut in line, in front of a very well dressed black guy that was in front of me. The black guy called the white guy a racist POS and started yelling about how white people have privilege because they take what ever they want. He neglected to see that the white guy had also cut in line in front of me and all the other white people behind me. Also that none of us had just taken his spot and pushed him behind us. The guy that cut line couldn't care less he just laughed, paid, and left. Because he was just an asshole. I don't think he even cared that the guy was black, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

But because the black guy was slighted by a white guy, all white people are racist and take whatever they want. I just saw an asshole, that i gave the benefit of the doubt to, that he was in a bigger hurry than i was.

I have seen similar scenes where the roles were reversed. Idon't mean to pick on black people. I think people are just surprised by how many assholes are around us at any given time.
edit on 28-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's
Okay
To Be
White

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

all white people “derive, in some measure, material and psychological benefits by virtue of being racialized as white.”

that's true, though.

not sure why you find that so outrageous.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I was never at that house and I've never met that girl in my life.

I mean no, i'm not him. My name is Dr. Ned Cornhill.

We got cell phone pics. You got some bitcoin to make this all go away?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

all white people “derive, in some measure, material and psychological benefits by virtue of being racialized as white.”

that's true, though.

It is a racist statement. To put any group based on appearance together and assign a universal truth is a racist statement and idea.

No different than all Asians are smart or all Indians (from India) are computer programmers. Both statements are racist.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sucks to get labeled doesn’t it.
Just because of some bad apples.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All I know is...That growing up in Texas, I as a white person, I enjoyed privileges that brown and black people didn't have.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

that's true, though.

Does believing that make you feel better about yourself?

Most of us have had any delusions we might have had about any specialness we harbored popped long ago. It's the world. Anything you have, you earn, nothing more or less than that.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
All I know is...That growing up in Texas, I as a white person, I enjoyed privileges that brown and black people didn't have.

So you have taken the courses?? How were they?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

In your scenario the black guy was racist by making the accusation that all white people take what ever they want. That line of thinking fits perfectly into the University story.

Racism is now being used full on to keep us separated. If all people got together imagine the changes we could force that would be good for the people, not the oligarchy.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This one is depressing me too.

A college class. Based on what scholarship? Or is it "if you can't see it, you're part of the problem"?

Which I will admit, is an amazing ploy. No need to demonstrate anything. Simply bring forth your hypothesis without any data. Or show "data" but keep it safe from scrutiny because reasons. Forget correlation versus causality.

I will say what causality is: Bigotry! And if you disagree I will say it louder and longer until you agree with me just to shut me up.

Any delta anywhere is attributable to oppression in some form or fashion. I just know it to be true.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

With 70% of Texas being white Americans I can see how you would feel that way.....or it could just be that Texas has a large white population and it appears that whites get a lot of privileges because there are a lot of white people.

Being white doesn't mean you immediately accept guilt for anything.....no matter how much others want to put that guilt harness on you.

en.wikipedia.org...

White guilt, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

that's true, though.

It is a racist statement. To put any group based on appearance together and assign a universal truth is a racist statement and idea.

No different than all Asians are smart or all Indians (from India) are computer programmers. Both statements are racist.

I think a more realistic comparison would be that brown people have privileges in India that wouldn’t befall white people, or that black people would be more privileged than white people on the Continent of Africa...

& there is probably some truth to that...
So it shouldn’t be too hard to recognise that Western nations would have what could be referred to as the white privilege phenomena.

The thing about this is it’s hard to see depending on your location.
Having grown up in a multicultural area set aside for the lower classes, I’ve seen and benefitted at times from certain privileges.

I’m sure people who grow up in Suburbia or the more affluent areas would rarely, if ever, come across a situation where they would see the chasm between treatment based on race.

I think that’s where Liberals go wrong on this topic...
They try to force it down the throats of people.

Not realising a large portion of society has seen it and already agree with them...
But also that a large portion of society have been sheltered from it, or never been involved in the experience, so to these people it must be non-existent.

And you’re not going to convince those people of the severity of the issue by calling them racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join