It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not only poor people, but the middle class and a lot of businessess who rely on government spending as well. This is a plan to destroy much of the government so that super rich people won't have to pay nearly as much taxes. Oh, and it would probably kill a lot of poor people as well, but no one cares about that as long as someone says they support life.

money.cnn.com...

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So they are poor but stand to lose billions??

Hmmm

edit on 27-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The bottom 50 percent of the population does not pay any taxes

How will they lose money??

Just curious

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

Just curious

according to CNN economics they will...

besides Reagan, was there a tax bill which benefited anyone but people in the top echelon tax bracket.?

edit on 27-11-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Did you miss the fact that the US has long had a welfare problem in which productive and prosperous Americans are tasked more and more with the sole provision and funding of? You, of course, are aghast that tax payer funded subsidies are on the chopping block with this tax package, but allow me to shine a bit of light on a simple fact. THIS IS WHAT MANY OF US WANT. If folks want their own money to spend on things, then by all means, let them get their asses out there and earn it themselves as those of us who have been picking up the overall tab have been expected to do for the past few decades. God forbid people actually have to take responsibility for themselves, I mean damn! That's exactly how you end up with voters who pay close attention to where the money the IRS actually takes from them is spent rather than merely looking at the letter behind each candidates' name on the ballot to determine which one will give them the most of other's earned money in exchange for their vote.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

Just curious

Everything has been stolen from me, officer!
Huh? OK, boyo, let's fill out this police report. How was it stolen from you?
I was looking at these items in the store window and... and... and...
Yes, continue
The store manager wouldn't give them to me and instead sold them to someone who had cash!!!
Call in the looney wagon, boys. We got one for the padded cells.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Poor people do not have “billions” of dollars.

I’m poor (ish).
& I am, and always have been, a vocal advocate for the betterment of the poor.
I dislike a lot about Capitalism.

Why do I say this?

Because even I can see that this is very fake clickbait news.

I’ve also spoken out about this tax bill.
But that’s irrelevant to the point I wanted to make.

Which is that poor people do not have “billions” of dollars.

link   

According to the Obama slappys.

link   

A lot of deductions for small businesses are being axed. Would cost us a ton in extra taxes. Fortunately, I have the feel- good knowledge that owners of private planes and the 1% in general will reap all the rewards. Maybe we could skip the farce and just walk directly up to rich people, like the Kochs, and just hand them our money.

MAGA

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Corporate Oligarchy just opened another bottle of Moët & Chandon Dom Perignon White Gold, they know their lobbying efforts has payed off with a new round of Corporate welfare, bailouts, and too big to fail preferential treatment.

www.thebalance.com...

More GOP trickle down, pissing on your leg telling you it's raining.

Any tax benefits the middle class might enjoy will be eaten up by bigly inflation.

Same as it ever was....

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense....that is if you got any.
edit on 27-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Did you miss the fact that the US has long had a welfare problem in which productive and prosperous Americans are tasked more and more with the sole provision and funding of? You, of course, are aghast that tax payer funded subsidies are on the chopping block with this tax package, but allow me to shine a bit of light on a simple fact. THIS IS WHAT MANY OF US WANT. If folks want their own money to spend on things, then by all means, let them get their asses out there and earn it themselves as those of us who have been picking up the overall tab have been expected to do for the past few decades. God forbid people actually have to take responsibility for themselves, I mean damn! That's exactly how you end up with voters who pay close attention to where the money the IRS actually takes from them is spent rather than merely looking at the letter behind each candidates' name on the ballot to determine which one will give them the most of other's earned money in exchange for their vote.

Are you rich? Are you the 1%?

If not, I'm guessing your taxes might just be going up, and the deficit, conservatively, even with growth measures accounted for, will have 1.5 Trillion added to the current number.

It's a terrible tax plan. It serves the largest Republican doners and amounts to a kickback for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well. A lot of the lower bracket of people don't have the skills to even get a job. And even at that, what jobs?
When 30k+ a year jobs are lime 1 in 1000 jobs some people have no choice but to either get into debt or attempt to get welfare. The upper middle class and above prevent lower class citizens from even getting to the point of just a job.
And it's starting to eat away at the middle class as a whole, which is bad for any economy.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well. A lot of the lower bracket of people don't have the skills to even get a job. And even at that, what jobs?
When 30k+ a year jobs are lime 1 in 1000 jobs some people have no choice but to either get into debt or attempt to get welfare. The upper middle class and above prevent lower class citizens from even getting to the point of just a job.
And it's starting to eat away at the middle class as a whole, which is bad for any economy.

Don't tell them that....

Trump is the new Jesus and can work miracles with just a wave of his hand.

Trump is going to bring back jobs from overseas and the Corps will love it....You'll see!!!

edit on 27-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Actually as a "group", they will MAKE billions.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That CNN article that this thread is based off of is the most twisted interpretation I have seen so far of this tax change. I can't believe that they are allowed to publish garbage like that.

Yes, the real rich are going to benefit by this bill. But there will not be much change in what the poor get except for those who cheat on their income taxes. As far as Obamacare is concerned, it has raised the cost of healthcare nationwide because it was written to spread the cost and in actuality it just increased medical expenditures to an all time high. It was written with input from the medical and pharma industries who want to boost their bottom line and increase their need.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
CNN Money + Billions lost by Poor Folks... = Complete B.S. = Gullibler's Travels! #usefulidiots, #snowflakeschuggingantifreeze

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Fake news strikes again!

Here's my favorite paragraph. ..

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

So, people will LOSE billions because they WON'T participate in the amazing Obamacare now that they are no longer forced to?

How did this make print?

FFS, people must be stupid!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Some people have never had to pay taxes before. Now they get to pay their 'fair share'...Democrats should be ecstatic.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Fake news strikes again!

Here's my favorite paragraph. ..

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

So, people will LOSE billions because they WON'T participate in the amazing Obamacare now that they are no longer forced to?

How did this make print?

FFS, people must be stupid!

Those people who do not want Obamacare will win, those copayments are crazy if you are making a living wage, you either pay the premium or eat. If you don't eat because you are broke, you need the doctor.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The plan is to pay for the rich peoples' tax cuts by cutting 1.5 trillion out of medicare and medicaid over ten years. Those mainly support poor and old people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join