It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Americans would lose billions under Senate GOP tax bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Pretty lame huh,poor lose billions?,this must be a liberals way of thinking,a rational person would realize that poor and billions are far removed,if you don't pay anything you don't get anything either

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Pretty lame huh,poor lose billions?,this must be a liberals way of thinking,a rational person would realize that poor and billions are far removed,if you don't pay anything you don't get anything either

I think the op in a round about way is trying to explain that the cuts will come in the form of reducing front line services that service the elderly and the poor, not money out of their bank accounts as such.

So he's not entirely wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I think the op in a round about way is trying to explain that the cuts will come in the form of reducing front line services that service the elderly and the poor, not money out of their bank accounts as such.

So he's not entirely wrong.

The poor qualify for medicaid, the elderly get medicare and can buy part B and also part D for way less than their cost of Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm afraid your comment is lost on me, the system is different here, I'm not sure how yours works exactly.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
America is Already Great....

Its just not great for everybody--save a select few.

Hillary could have won easily IF she had the message.....to counter Trump's false: Make America Great Again, FALSE (because America is GREAT)

SPREAD THE GREATNESS

STG, STG, STG, STG. STG Would have won her the race EASILY...

All that's true because America IS GREAT, But ONLY great for the few

And they will do everything in their power to maintain America ONLY being great for the few

This tax cut is indicative of that maintenance...!
edit on 27-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Tempter
Fake news strikes again!

Here's my favorite paragraph. ..

This is largely because the legislation would eliminate the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to get health insurance or pay a penalty. This would result in 13 million fewer people having coverage in 2027, the CBO found.

So, people will LOSE billions because they WON'T participate in the amazing Obamacare now that they are no longer forced to?

How did this make print?

FFS, people must be stupid!

Those people who do not want Obamacare will win, those copayments are crazy if you are making a living wage, you either pay the premium or eat. If you don't eat because you are broke, you need the doctor.

Exactly, the reasoning behind it doesn't even ring as coherent.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
America is Already Great....

Its just not great for everybody--save a select few.

Hillary could have won easily IF she had the message.....to counter Trump's false: Make America Great Again, FALSE (because America is GREAT)

SPREAD THE GREATNESS

STG, STG, STG, STG. STG Would have won her the race EASILY...

All that's true because America IS GREAT, But ONLY great for the few

And they will do everything in their power to maintain America ONLY being great for the few

This tax cut is indicative of that maintenance...!

Huh?

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Look dear folks the rich are never going to concede anything, but by the threat of God’s WRATH

…And God’s WRATH seems to be cockeyed…

So until it becomes able to veer straight they have nothing to worry about…

All they have to do is keep singing

Happy times are here again

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well. A lot of the lower bracket of people don't have the skills to even get a job. And even at that, what jobs?
When 30k+ a year jobs are lime 1 in 1000 jobs some people have no choice but to either get into debt or attempt to get welfare. The upper middle class and above prevent lower class citizens from even getting to the point of just a job.
And it's starting to eat away at the middle class as a whole, which is bad for any economy.

So apparently only illegal immigrants can find paying labor jobs in the US....

Enact import tariffs now, close the effing borders, and pinch off the teat and watch this country rebuild the middle class. Necessity is the mother of invention and if we necessitate domestic production, domestic hiring, and actually having to work to fund your lifestyle America will absolutely reinvent the concept of the American Dream and personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
are they still planning on taking away the state and local tax deductions??
does anyone else see how nicely this would fit into a plan to cut funding to the states for such things as medicaid, education, ect. on the federal level..
while of course, keeping the mandates in place and forcing the states to fill in the void, which would lead to those no longer deductible taxes increasing insanely???

if the plan is to shift most of the burden onto the states for just about everything, as many seem to think is a great idea, just remember, the state you are living in will have to raise funds to fill in the gaps left by the lack of federal money.... raise their taxes in other words..
and then just to make sure that none of that cost burdens the federal gov't... they want to eliminate any of that money being taken from the federal revenues via deductions. assuming that every state will ensure that their schools will remain open and those kids will get medical care when needed, your roads and highways will still be maintained at least to the point where they are now, ect... my guess would be that any savings the average taxpayer sees from this tax plan will quickly disappear once your get your property, state tax bills, and of course that one item that everyone pays for, rich or poor, the sales tax....

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Poor people have billions? Where is my account held, again?

Stuff and nonsense. Not handing out tax money to people that don't need it isn't a problem for anyone but parasites.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

ya know, there was a time, not really that long ago, where the business sector actually felt they had some responsibilities to their employees also...
just remember, if you pinch off that teat as you say, then that business sector, if they want customers to buy their services and goods or living breathing employees to work at creating those products and services, well, they will have to start acknowledging their responsibility again also... don't provide enough employees a wage that enables them to keep the money flowing for those goods and business dies along with the employees.

eliminate the disabled and the seniors from the equation, and my bet is that most of the people who are benefiting from that "teat" are working, or attending school, or doing some real crappy community service work because they can't find a job... their paychecks just need to be subsidized by the gov't.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

maybe it depends on how one defines poor? if it's anyone who is hovering around the income limits that are being used to determine the income guidelines for the various social programs or below, well... you would have to consider the number of people in the nation that fit that range and weather that billion is for a one year, five year, or ten year period. weather the increase in their taxes would hit a billion or not, who knows.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Possible, let's pinch it off and see if that is the case and if employers do in fact change along with the burdens on the taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

What ? Where did you hear that one. Not even close.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Not only poor people, but the middle class and a lot of businessess who rely on government spending as well. This is a plan to destroy much of the government so that super rich people won't have to pay nearly as much taxes. Oh, and it would probably kill a lot of poor people as well, but no one cares about that as long as someone says they support life.

money.cnn.com...

One of the reasons why I WANT the Tax Reform bill to pass, even with its flaws, is...

BECAUSE THE LIBERAL MEDIA WANT IT TO FAIL...even though the rich bastards running the MSM will make out like bandits.

But they'll sacricfice keeping millions of additional dollars, if it can bring a TRUMP "FAIL" with Tax Reform.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The reason why immigrants or illegal ones, get the jobs is because the people who create the jobs don't want to pay out actual wages. It's not Chico the Mexicans fault he is willing to work for 5 dollars a day.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The reason why immigrants or illegal ones, get the jobs is because the people who create the jobs don't want to pay out actual wages. It's not Chico the Mexicans fault he is willing to work for 5 dollars a day.

See, there is a disconnect here which the Left utterly fails to see thanks to their never ending infatuation with victimhood and haters. Just because I want the law enforced and the borders locked down does not mean I'm sitting here "blaming Mexicans." I understand entirely why they're here, and if I was in their shoes I'd likely be doing the same. I understand why so many people are on the dole, and I'm not expressing hatred towards them calling for that to end.

The system is broken, yes, fixing it will negatively impact some Sucks to be them, but it's nothing personal in their direction.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

maybe it depends on how one defines poor? if it's anyone who is hovering around the income limits that are being used to determine the income guidelines for the various social programs or below, well... you would have to consider the number of people in the nation that fit that range and weather that billion is for a one year, five year, or ten year period. weather the increase in their taxes would hit a billion or not, who knows.

The real issue here isn't that anyone is taking money from the poor; it's that less might be given, of tax dollars, to people. There is a lot of welfare abuse in this nation. States that have instituted a work requirement have seen drastic drops in poverty rates, and decreases in welfare enrollment. Too much is given out, the way it is now. Expecting people ho can work to work, or at least actually try, isn't unreasonable. There are people who are on welfare in our area, and the local food bank is strained, but there are always, ALWAYS, openings for entry-level jobs, and they tend to not be filled, with places being short staffed as a rule. Anyone, virtually, could get these jobs. I know, because someone I knew had offers, who was far from the "ideal" job candidate. Sloppy, crass, etc, and still got offers, but the jobs remain unfilled.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

money.cnn.com...

Holy crap! That CNN Money article must have been written by a 14 year old who isn't potty-trained yet. That fake news network has deteriorated so much, you ALMOST feel sorry for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join