It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am no longer walking on the path of Islam .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

The problem with barriers is in our mind, every time our instruments improve we move the goal posts.

Everywhere seeing is, there will be an appearance.
The seer and seen are not two.

The seer and seen are not one. I am not you.

I am not and neither are you!

The word 'seer' implies a thing and the word 'seen' implies another thing. Words make believe that reality (this that is) is made of bits, things. Really 'this that is' is knowing itself - life is happening - it is not made of things in a story.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Is this a nothing is real theory?

Thats no excuse for our actions.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Is this a nothing is real theory?

Thats no excuse for our actions.

Lol but they are not 'your' actions!

If you are any thing at all you are the witness of the movie of life - you are not what is appearing.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Actually, you are responsible for your actions, all day long.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Kapusta

I think where I am now I don't need a "religion " I am more intrested in finding out the "why" & "What". Why did these men create religion and what influenced them to do it. To find these answers is like finding a needle in a hay stack but at this point I do have a good lead.

Why is religion important? What is the intention of religion?
What are people looking for really?

Absoutly! And I can only speak for my self and my understanding thus far.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No - there isn't anyone responsible.
I know it makes anger arise to hear this news but it is the good news!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Quick questions and it may have been asked before . You no longer following Islam makes you an apostate right . There are some very strong views on this and the punishment that should be dealt out to apostates . First question . Do you fear any kind of retribution for leaving Islam . Second question . When you were practicing , how did you feel about persons such as yourself leaving .
edit on 26-11-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Are you insane? Or 12?

You and you alone are responsible for your actions.

This is what the hell is going wring with the world. Your choices your actions your consequences!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Actually 'you do not exist'.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I have already posted this:
The self: a trick the brain plays on not you.

As you wake up each morning, hazy and disoriented, you gradually become aware of the rustling of the sheets, sense their texture and squint at the light. One aspect of your self has reassembled: the first-person observer of reality, inhabiting a human body.

As wakefulness grows, so does your sense of having a past, a personality and motivations. Your self is complete, as both witness of the world and bearer of your consciousness and identity. You.

This intuitive sense of self is an effortless and fundamental human experience. But it is nothing more than an elaborate illusion. Under scrutiny, many common-sense beliefs about selfhood begin to unravel. Some thinkers even go so far as claiming that there is no such thing as the self.

Not only neuroscientific thinkers. Philosophical and spiritual thinkers also. Psychologist Susan Blackmore does a good job of presenting this selfless perspective in her book, "Ten Zen Questions." I'm fine with it. Actually, more than fine.

I love the notion that "I" don't exist. Takes the pressure off me to know that I'm an illusion. Like Janis Joplin sang, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose." Like salvation. Life after death. Hell or heaven.

Blackmore writes:

But what about me and my conscious experiences? Where do I fit into this integrated system of inputs, outputs and multiple parallel processing systems?

The strange thing is that I feel as if I am in the middle of all this activity, experiencing what comes in through the senses, and deciding what to do in response, when in fact the brain seems to have no need of me.

There is no central place or process where I could be, and the brain seems capable of doing everything it does without any supervisor, decider or inner experiencer.

...The temptation to fall into dualism is so strong that escaping from it, and from the popular idea that we have a spirit or soul, has been a rare insight in human history. This insight is not confined to modern science and philosophy, but can be found at the heart of Christian mysticism, Sufism, Advaita, Taoism, and Buddhism.

All these traditions claim that the apparent duality of the world is an illusion, and that underlying the illusion everything is one.

Along with this often goes the idea that there is no separate self who acts, so that realizing nonduality also means giving up the sense of personal action or of being the "doer" of what happens. This is rather hard to accept, which is probably why such traditions are so much less popular than the great theistic religions, or those that promise heaven and hell to reward the actions of individual souls.

...There's some stupid bastard doing a U-turn in the middle of the road right in front of my bike. I am angry and want to shout "You idiot -- what do you think you're doing? You nearly knocked me off!" Can the sight of that idiotic man be me?

Yes. Of course.

If I stop, calm down, and search for the me who is looking at him I will find only him, and his car, and the road. If I search for the me who is angry with him I will find only the anger bubbling up. It's the same with everything I experience; there is not a separate me as well as the experience.

It is hard to accept that I am all those people walking down the street; that I am, at least in this fleeting moment, that Muslim woman with her stupid veil, that annoying child with the ice cream, that crowd of giggling school girls.

Yet somehow or other this way of looking makes it easier to be kind.
hinessight.blogs.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

And thats nothing but B.S. fluff. Take ownership of yourself. SMH

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
The problem with thought is it assumes a thinker.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

No responsibilty? Then open the jails, free the criminals, everyone do what they want, you won't be held responsible.

Murder, rape, pillage and burn, there is no accountability anymore.

Itisnowagain has made a decree!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You just wrote that thought down or not?

Done here

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No responsibilty? Then open the jails, free the criminals, everyone do what they want, you won't be held responsible.

No one is doing what they want and no one ever will.
All being done - there is no volition.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You just wrote that thought down or not?

Done here

A separate 'thinker' is assumed. A 'thing' that can do is assumed.
What is happening IS appearing to happen - it does not require a separate doer - all is done.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You talk in riddles but honestly you are a large part of the world's problems.
You have to take ownership of you. You just wanna do whatever and then say "Oh, that wasn't me. It was collective thinking"

No it's a copout and you're too lazy to take control of your life.

Good luck to you I hope you can find yourself one day.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

originally posted by: TJames
a reply to: intrptr

Still you have nothing to verify anything woo though.
Nothing except personal testimony and why the # would I be swayed by assertions from an anonymous profile on a minor social media type discussion forum?
You got nothing except your own personal belief based on personal experience. Not good enough for me for obvious reasons.

Verification by internet, right. But like you said and I agree, you don't care.

I've posted nowhere that I didn't care, so either quote me or retract that please.

Read your own posts.

why the # would I be swayed by assertions from an anonymous profile on a minor social media type discussion forum?

That's not me saying I don't care if gods exist or not, that's just me asking why I should believe a random stranger on the Internet . Your original statement is wrong and you need to learn to read.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

No, you pretty well are.

If someone starts yelling in your face, how you choose to handle that is up to you, and whatever choice you make is your responsibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: intrptr

And, of course, while he is busily asserting how much he doesn't care what we think ... here he is busily asserting what he thinks as if we should care when he is just as anonymous and on the same minor social media type platform. Does he expect us to be swayed? He certainly seems to be arguing as if he expects as much.

Nope you need to read as well, you're just butt hurt I don't believe in your god claims.
I'm entertained by your replies

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join