It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am no longer walking on the path of Islam .

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

There is a belief that there is something to find - when there is only ever what there is.

The entirety of what there is isn't known to the individual , it is up to the individual to discover it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
I'm afraid I have no answer for you but I truly wish you on a peaceful fruitful journey to find what you seek, some would say all religions are corrupt and have agenda's but people should remember that the people who take up a religion are normally doing it for very good reasons, to find a path of goodness and peace and maybe some help along the way, just because you believe in the happy aspects of a religion does not mean you embrace all the bad parts.

Good luck in your quest...

Paul...

'The quest to find YOU is a deep one.'
Where would you need to go to find YOU?
Right here and right now the peace that is sought - IS. But words speak about 'things' that are not and the stories the words tell are full of fear. Here and now is a space which can see and hear - a space full of colour and sound - what's to fear - where is the conflict right now?
The 'idea of time' appears now and then the fear of 'me in time' happens. 'Oh, no what will become of me?'
That 'me' does not exist - because time does not exist.
Only what is happening appears to exit. If what is appearing to exist is stories about 'me and life' then they are to be seen as 'stories appearing and disappearing' in the ever present aware space THAT I AM. I am not a 'thing' - I am the ever present space of awareness. Nothing can appear outside that ever present space of awareness.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

There is a belief that there is something to find - when there is only ever what there is.

The entirety of what there is isn't known to the individual , it is up to the individual to discover it.

The wave cannot know the ocean - it can only be the ocean.
The wave may seek the ocean but as soon as it finds it, the wave will no longer be.
" Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.” Exodus 33:20
As soon as the wave saw the ocean it died.
The wave was never a separate wave - so no wave ever lived (or died).
edit on 26-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: MysticPearl
All organized religion falls apart under critical thought.

"One needs faith" is simply a substitute for a lack of substance and an inability to answer a question.

As does atheism under critical thought.
The fact that we even exist, without any creation to spur on evolution, has no logical reasoning behind it.

Well at least there's evidence of advanced aliens. A lot more than say, Adam and Eve or Moses getting the 10 commandments from God.

So if there is no evidence of you writing these posts in a thousand years does that mean none of your posts ever existed on ATS.

Not to mention there is real evidence that events in the bible did happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The wave has no choice as it is part of the whole , we are a part of the whole but have freedom of choice so unlike the wave choose our own direction.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kapusta

I wasn't always a "practicing Muslim " I was actually raised a mormon then later on became what I thought was a Christian.

Religion is man made. All of them have been corrupted away from their original founders intent.

You don't need religion to be human.

Well, we certainly aren't born with an innate sense of right and wrong. We learn that sort of thing from the people that raise us. Where do they learn it and so on down the line.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I wasn't always a "practicing Muslim " I was actually raised a mormon then later on became what I thought was a Christian.

Religion is man made. All of them have been corrupted away from their original founders intent.

Well, we certainly aren't born with an innate sense of right and wrong. We learn that sort of thing from the people that raise us. Where do they learn it and so on down the line.

It's debatable. Probably a combo of nature and nurture.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The wave has no choice as it is part of the whole , we are a part of the whole but have freedom of choice so unlike the wave choose our own direction.

'Your separate freedom of choice' is an illusion!!

All is done. What is appearing IS appearing.

Until this is realised there will be no peace and no compassion.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

One all be all truth doesn't exist. Just like theres no such thing as one all supreme being.

And you know this how? It could be reasoned that (at least how we now understand it) since our current event horizon stops at the moment of the big bang, postulating a state of immense densitiy and smallness, it would tend to support the notion that there is such a thing as one all be all truth.

The fact that we not yet have discovered it, the proof of absence so to speak, is not proof of non existence. In that sense, you've made an extraordinary claim, requiring some verification. And perhaps this discussion goes to show that we, trained as we are in the "or/ or"type of reasoning, we have difficulty embracing a dual form of view: both can exist at the same time. BTW, if Quantum physics proofs anything it is a dual state of being ....hahahaha, crazy # that makes your brain fry.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The bible is an agglomerate of hunderds even thousands of stories. There is still debate going on whether the greater israel Kingdom has ever existed. It is funny though, that when they found a hotly debated inscription allegedly saying "house of David", the knee jerk response is: the bible is true!

That is like saying Dan Brown's books are true because Le Louvre exists. Or a painting he references exists. Hell, if in 2000 years someone may find his book and research it's contents, he might be tempted to conclude so. But it does not make it so.

There is a lot of exaggeration, mis-allocation, plagiarism, adoption, adaptation and political expediency in the bible to be highly suspicious about it's content, not the least the scribal and political maneuvers to suppress and alter.

This not withstanding, I feel that proverbs is piece of text with profound insights.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

My spiritual path at this point is clear and some of my questions have been answered .

All paths lead away from the truth that is sought.
Seek that which is seeking and the seeker will vanish. The 'seeker' never ever existed - there is 'seeking' until there isn't.
There is only ever what is happening - there is no separate you - no separate any thing.
Life/this that IS/God/Allah - is one without a second.

That's very intersting. Ty for the reply .

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Really?

it depends on how you view morality. When you live, it is basically immoral to rob you of your live. Every fiber in your body, even though you are just born, resists being killed. That is an innate response to a violation. it may be you as a little baby cannot prevent the violation from completion, the response to it is innate. And there you have it: innate morality.

And because of this, it gives rise to all other rights, like property rights, the right to self determination, the right to use your senses, the right to speak, the right to walk, and so forth. These are rights derived from the natural state of a human being.

Any trampling of these rights is immoral/ criminal, and the person who has his rights trampled upon may rightly seek redress and just compensation.

These things were once considered enlightened and self evident. ........

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Nice thread. That was a Sufi mosque attacked in Egypt yesterday. First I heard of Sufi. I am spiritual my self but try to stay away from religion because you are right in saying it is perverted by man. I don't wear spirituality on my sleeve. If someone ask Ill do my best to answer. I always say there is a God and your not it, this also includes me. Anyways thanks for a nice read.

Yeah it's unfortunate that perverted scripture and iggorence of man caused that attack . Ty for the reply .

hey brother...what Scriptures went sideways to you....?....I do the hard sayings...I have positive input for ya

I

i

I would have to list a whole thread for that. But hey with all due respect I don't wish to debate about that. Nor do I want to influence anyone else or upset any religious folks that may be reading this thread . Islam just isn't for my soul anymore . And I only wished to announce that on ATS. It was hard for me . And I guess i just may be looking for positive encouragement .

Fair play to you and may a fair a wind guide your way

It looks to me that religions have come and gone for thousands of years. Were they all 'fake' prior to Mohammad's cave visions? Were they all wrong before Jesus? Do you see my point? We're fortunate enough to live in a time and place where we can choose which religion suits us the most. It's not like we're forced to conform like they must in many other countries and regions.

In that sense, religions and other belief systems are only tool boxes to help us in our own lives. Islam doesn't work for you anymore so it's easy to try another and you might find you don't need any at all in the future. My personal belief is that religions are a burden on humanity rather than a necessity and I've been on a similar search as yourself to appreciate the conclusion.

Very well put.

I think where I am now I don't need a "religion " I am more intrested in finding out the "why" & "What". Why did these men create religion and what influenced them to do it. To find these answers is like finding a needle in a hay stack but at this point I do have a good lead .

Ty for your reply .

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Ty Paul!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I think where I am now I don't need a "religion " I am more intrested in finding out the "why" & "What". Why did these men create religion and what influenced them to do it. To find these answers is like finding a needle in a hay stack but at this point I do have a good lead.

Why is religion important? What is the intention of religion?
What are people looking for really?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

We are born knowing only life. We are taught meanness, conditioned to hate. I side with nature and nurture, imo.

Do you have any kids?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Yvhmer

And you know this how? It could be reasoned that (at least how we now understand it) since our current event horizon stops at the moment of the big bang, postulating a state of immense densitiy and smallness, it would tend to support the notion that there is such a thing as one all be all truth.

Science can't see past the Hubble deep field, places the 'big bang' barrier in front of our perception, just like the Middle ages insisted the earth was the center of the Universe.

I cam't what for the James Webb to see even further than Hubble...

The problem with barriers is in our mind, every time our instruments improve we move the goal posts.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: rickymouse

You fought the British off only to succumb to the "pastie". What sort of a Yooper are you?

Blasphemer

A happy one. We are making pasties again this week.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The problem with barriers is in our mind, every time our instruments improve we move the goal posts.

Everywhere seeing is, there will be an appearance.
The seer and seen are not two.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Everywhere seeing is, there will be an appearance.
The seer and seen are not two.

The seer and seen are not one. I am not you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join