It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Do Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Basically I have no idea how to right all the wrong I see without becoming all the wrong I see, and it doesn’t seem to really matter which of the current order ideologies I choose as a substrate to build on.

We really do need something new. Radically new that changes our perspective entirely. I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to get to a point where I just desperately want to move forward, to innovate, and get passed all of what holds us back. I don’t think we’re gonna do that engaging each other the way we do now.

There are two groups of people in society at any time. People who like and benefit from the way things currently are. And another group that wants change. You sound like you want change. The problem is the people who want to preserve the status quo have all the money and influence. The people in power are not interested in change. Quite the contrary, the people in power want NO change at all.

The people in power pay a lot of money for security forces. The people in power want control. No chaos. Keep the citizens from rioting at all costs. This is the government we have. There's really nothing we can do about it because they have bigger guns than us and lot more money power and influence. Life is tough. Your kids are screwed.

edit on 20-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

While that is entirely true, how many people will fail right along with those constructs when they go.

As a parent, my main worry is how damaged my child will be by those systems as others work like mad to impose them on my family from without against my say so or wishes.

My son is timid enough without some hag kvetching at him about "toxic masculinity" and all the other problems she sees as attendant upon the mere incidence of his gender ... or is it his biological sex ... or is it either, neither, both? I can't keep them all straight these days! And since my kid is a pleaser who really likes to make people happy, it's doubly hard for him.

It's like watching and worrying about common core in the schools. Sure it's crashing and burning, but is it going to happen fast enough to avoid doing irreparable damage in the meantime? And how many kids will suffer as a result before we stop flirting with a system that has not been proven in any practical basis.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Here is a cool video on emergence.
Kinda blew my mind when I watched it the other day.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

We really do need something new. Radically new that changes our perspective entirely. I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to get to a point where I just desperately want to move forward, to innovate, and get passed all of what holds us back. I don’t think we’re gonna do that engaging each other the way we do now.

This is why we have religion.

Life on earth has always been this way and will continue to be this way.

Until people realize that we don't have the ability to save ourselves, or each other as humans, there will be no progression. It is in our human nature to destroy each other and ourselves, and technology will only speed that up. As humans, we will always use anything that's good for evil eventually too. The end. It's really that simple.

So your God can save us - if HE wants to?

And you have no responsibility?

Fundamentalists - and we wonder why we are in the state we are.

Religion - is allegorical.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Of course, He created us, but He's going to allow us to use our free will to show that we're not a perfect species and we need him to save us from this world and bring us into the next. It's all outlined in the Bible how it's going to happen. Evil and corruption can't survive forever and it will never be eradicated here on this earth.

Of course we do! Where did you ever get the idea that we don't? We are to live as Jesus did, but we're not so ignorant to believe that everyone will!

Fundamentalists in the biblical sense are the least of your worries, unless they've been corrupted, which there is nothing that hasn't been touched by corruption on this earth to some degree. That's just what humans do when they think all the power belongs to them and only live life for themselves instead of God and others.

No, it's filled with prophecy and it told us that all of this was going to happen, and it's only going to get worse. In the end, only the Creator (Jesus) can put an end to this mess and He will, but it will take ending this world and this life as we know it.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Of course, He created us, but He's going to allow us to use our free will to show that we're not a perfect species and we need him to save us from this world and bring us into the next. It's all outlined in the Bible how it's going to happen. Evil and corruption can't survive forever and it will never be eradicated here on this earth.

Of course we do! Where did you ever get the idea that we don't? We are to live as Jesus did, but we're not so ignorant to believe that everyone will!

Fundamentalists in the biblical sense are the least of your worries, unless they've been corrupted, which there is nothing that hasn't been touched by corruption on this earth to some degree. That's just what humans do when they think all the power belongs to them and only live life for themselves instead of God and others.

No, it's filled with prophecy and it told us that all of this was going to happen, and it's only going to get worse. In the end, only the Creator (Jesus) can put an end to this mess and He will, but it will take ending this world and this life as we know it.

Any and all fundamentalists are corrupt - all scripture is man made allegory describing a 'spritiual' law not a factual representation of history.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The great thing about free will, is that you have that ability to choose your corrupt nature over your Godly one, but it's also that same nature that you cling to that will bring down the world. You'll remember my words someday.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

The great thing about free will, is that you have that ability to choose your corrupt nature over your Godly one, but it's also that same nature that you cling to that will bring down the world. You'll remember my words someday.

I doubt it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join