It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuesday shooting wounds one at Dollar General store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
A shooting occurred on 11/14 in Cheektowaga, NY leaving one man wounded. Police describe the injuries as "miraculous," in reference to the potential death/damage this could have caused if not for a nearby police officer who took him down.

It's a "miracle" more people weren't hurt when a man dressed in camouflage, wearing body armor and armed with two rifles sprayed a retail store with bullets, wounding one man, before being tackled by police, authorities said.

Police in Cheektowaga, near Buffalo, said the gunfire erupted around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday outside a Dollar General store. The gunman fired repeatedly at the store's entrance from outside while several customers and employees were inside, police Chief David Zack said.

When police arrived, witnesses pointed out the gunman, who attempted to run away after being hit by a bystander's vehicle before being tackled by the officers a short distance from the store, located in a stand-alone building on a side street in a commercial district. No other shots were fired during his capture, police said.

A 53-year-old Cheektowaga man suffered a gunshot wound to his shoulder, officials said. Police haven't said if he was a customer or a store employee.

Police identified the suspect as Travis Green, 29, of Buffalo. His mother said her son and his wife had recently broken up, but police said they were still trying to determine a motive for what Zack called an "unprovoked attack.

The article is a bit unclear, as it describes the attacker's weapon as a "pump action AR-15 rifle" which of course isn't a real thing. However, it is clear that this individual intended to cause as much death and destruction as possible.

SOURCE: www.msn.com...

Absolutely ridiculous. Those who can carry, need to carry. It is clear that no public (or private) location is safe from dangerous criminals. Thank God police officers were close enough to interdict this man before he could carry out his evil intentions. This story appears to just now be hitting the MSM outlets, but it is from 11/14 (Tuesday) and not an active situation.

Praying for the injured man, and truly hope my fellow Citizens will recognize the threats we face and take appropriate steps to defend themselves against the criminals.
edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Glad there was someone there to stop him. These nutjobs are the reason I carry everywhere I go.

describes the attacker's weapon as a "pump action AR-15 rifle" which of course isn't a real thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Some guns should only be sold to the military and law enforcement. They should be controlled, just like hand grenades and shoulder-launched rockets.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I respectfully disagree. But you're entitled to your own opinion

In the mean time, all of the above are legal. Those who can carry should carry. Those who can afford "military" weapons should get them.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

WE have said NO.
THAT is all.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah ... OK ... but?????

Why?

What is the point?

P

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Do we go by calibre? How they look? How many rounds they hold? Or are we talking about those "scary black guns"?

Define "some".

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Glad there was someone there to stop him. These nutjobs are the reason I carry everywhere I go.

describes the attacker's weapon as a "pump action AR-15 rifle" which of course isn't a real thing.

Interesting. It's an AR-15 style rifle, without the semi-automatic feature. That makes it legal to purchase and own in the State of NY; whereas a fully semi-automatic "assault rifle" is restricted in the state.

-dex

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Some guns should only be sold to the military and law enforcement. They should be controlled, just like hand grenades and shoulder-launched rockets.

Yeah if you want to give criminals even a bigger step ahead. Guess who has the most hand grenades on stock? Not the law abiding citizens for sure...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 11 16 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Great find!

This pump-action pseudo weapon is basically useless - in the sense of suppressing a large force or engaging multiple attackers in a high speed situation. An AR-15 that pump-action thing is not, although it may share a lot of its physical characteristics.

I am surprised it actually exists, though one certainly cannot classify this as a true AR-15

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Exactly. Even if they can't find fragmentation grenades, they'll make IEDs like pipe and pressure cooker bombs.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Good ol' pump-action ARs...so rare, but highly valued as a collectible.

On a serious note, it is amazing that there was only one injured person that deserves mentioning. And I wholeheartedly agree with your point about CCDW...which is why I do, because you never know, and hopefully I'll never have to use it for more than target practice and tactical training.

ETA:

Well, sh*t, I kind of stand corrected, although just because it looks like an AR doesn't mean it is one.

edit on 16-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Seems like the mass shootings have either been ramping up or put more in the spotlight.

Something stinks.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

SlapMonkey, I still find it amazing that they actually exist

I was pretty shocked myself. Nice to see New Yorkers at least have some options, although a much less effective one!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

It's the medications that read they might cause suicidal thoughts. If they cause suicidal one what else do they cause???

America runs on anti depressants

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

I have to agree waggz, personally. I don't think it is by chance, but I can't quite explain it either nor do I have any evidence to support my "feeling."

Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
[double post]
edit on 11/16/2017 by JBurns because: double post, sorry!

top topics

join