It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People’s Republic of China Grants Trump An Honor No Foreign Leader Has Had Since Its Founding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People’s Republic of China Grants Trump An Honor No Foreign Leader Has Had Since Its Founding

President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are reportedly being treated like royalty on their first official visit to China. Trump and his wife were granted a rare dinner at the Forbidden City, an honor that has not been bestowed on a foreign leader since the founding of the People’s Republic of China 68 years ago...

Thank you China for recognizing this great man.

The Forbidden City, a massive palace complex, was the residence of the imperial family for centuries. At this world-famous site, which was shut down for this special visit, the leaders of two of the world’s most powerful countries enjoyed a Peking Opera performance and a dinner together

I wonder what's changed as he was snubbed by CHina during the G-20?

Whether Trump will be swayed by such treatment remains to be seen. The president is expected to press China on issues concerning bilateral trade and North Korea, two huge problems impacting the bilateral relationship. While Trump has spoken highly of China’s president, the country’s strongest leader in decades, on numerous occasions, his administration has not hesitated to antagonize the Chinese on matters impacting U.S. strategic national interests.

I'm just looking forward to him getting home live and well.

There's a great slideshow at the link by the way.
edit on 5127Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: add pic

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It took Nixon to go to china.
It took Henry Kissinger to secure the deals for his Rothschild masters...
edit on 8-11-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

This looks like a failed high five.

Trumpy better know his role.
edit on 8-11-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13 Hmm maybe they know that Trump is easily bought by a show that they may be using this as a way to get what they want? Now that may not be a bad thing but still odd IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This story presented in a pro-Trump perspective, makes me realize fully the massive scope of denial, and repression within the Right Wing.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This sounds like a GOOD thing.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just think, Bill Clinton gave away everything to China and never got the honor.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
This story presented in a pro-Trump perspective, makes me realize fully the massive scope of denial, and repression within the Right Wing.

Why shouldn't it be Pro-Trump as China (at the moment) is Pro-Trump? That's kind of a duh now isn't it.

But it wasn't all Pro-Trump. If you read the article it points out how China (as I said in my OP) 'snubbed' The President only recently.

It also states how it's yet to be shown if this is real 'honor' or just for show.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: silo13 Hmm maybe they know that Trump is easily bought by a show that they may be using this as a way to get what they want? Now that may not be a bad thing but still odd IMO.

I don't know if he's easily 'bought' but it does seem odd he was recently 'snubbed' by them and now showing all this honor.

Like the article said - maybe it's just for show?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Forty-three years after joining his father on a visit to the Forbidden City, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was welcomed by Premier Li Keqiang on Tuesday at the UNESCO World Heritage site as he started an eight-day visit to China.

The wooden chairs and tea tables in traditional Chinese style might have reminded Trudeau of his subsequent private visits to the Forbidden City. On Tuesday, he wore a red tie, a color often interpreted as a token of luck in China, to dine with Li in a rare arrangement at Jianfu Palace inside the Forbidden City.

August 2016.
edit on 8-11-2017 by snowspirit because: Added

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Say it ain't so!

A pro-Trump approach? Treason I say!

I don't even like the guy, but damn, the cognitive dissonance is strong.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In some dark corner of ATS its been mentioned that China got a special demonstration of what was being tested in Dugway Utah several years ago and became a bit more friendlier after that.

Maybe the two events are unrelated but I dont believe in coincidences anymore.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I don't know if he's easily 'bought' but it does seem odd he was recently 'snubbed' by them and now showing all this honor.

Like the article said - maybe it's just for show?

I'd guess it's a response to the 'personal' honor Trump bestowed on the Chinese leader when he visited the U.S.. The 'snubbing' was political, nation to nation. This? personal respect and 'face'....games within games.

On the other hand, if they can come up with an accord, both trade-wise and NK?? Both would gain huge political advantage in their respective countries.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I would guess maybe you know a thing or two about it.
After all, you Leftists are masters of denial.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
I was led to believe that ex Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam did most of the groundwork to make all of that possible..... back in '73....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I agree, we've seen nothing but denial for a solid year now, but you lost me with the "repression" bit.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is the answer but you won't hear many in this thread say it. The man who bizarrely argued about inauguration sizes is obviously affected by pomp and circumstance. The Chinese are being shrewd.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Nixon was simply given a private tour of the Forbidden City - July 10th 1971
Kissinger, "The White House Years", p749

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
a reply to: the owlbear
I was led to believe that ex Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam did most of the groundwork to make all of that possible..... back in '73....

www.sbs.com.au...

Prime Minister Tony Abbott will wrap up his first official visit to North Asia with a tour of the 600-year-old Forbidden City in China.

Mr Abbott on Saturday is expected to visit the imperial palace of China's ancient dynasties following a meeting with his business delegation in Beijing.

So Canada in 2016, and Australia in 2014.....yeah, Trump is the first.....or I guess they just want him to think he's the first....

Maybe he got a better dinner.

edit on 8-11-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Why shouldn't it be Pro-Trump as China (at the moment) is Pro-Trump? That's kind of a duh now isn't it.

Do you think the Chinese don't know gamesmanship; The race that invented chess. Obviously you don't know jack **** about the Chinese or the Asian intellect.

Trump is being played, bigly!!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
There may be a difference between merely being shown round the place and actually being given a dinner there. It is the dinner that is being hyped as unprecedented.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join