It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People’s Republic of China Grants Trump An Honor No Foreign Leader Has Had Since Its Founding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I have always found ladies wearing skirts and wellies strangely attractive, as per the YouTube image.

To OP. While I am not a fan of Trump, nor the repressive Chinese one-party-state, the behaviour from China is more and indication that they are worried. Trump may just be the face of a more assertive US where China is being forced into taking responsibility for the pariah North Korea and forced to face the facts that the imbalance of trade cannot continue.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you didn't happen to read,millions of vietnamese ,loatians were also killed when we invaded their country,it wasn't the chinese occupying,get the facts right,what do you expect

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you didn't happen to read,millions of vietnamese ,loatians were also killed when we invaded their country,it wasn't the chinese occupying,get the facts right,what do you expect

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

No...what is absolutely stunning is the left's absolute and utter contempt for anything which even remotely resembles a positive step forward for this nation. What is absolutely mind-blowing beyond even the tiniest shred of comprehension is the left's absolute commitment to willingly, gladly even, descend into the pits of hell and bondage for all eternity if they can exact even one ounce, albeit blind, of satisfaction from painting this man in a bad light. It is incomprehensible to me the mindset of people like those who echo sentiments such as yours. The eagerness, absolute joy even, they display while knowingly casting aside the future of their own generations not yet born defies all logic and reason. Stunning, absolutely stunning!

Once upon a time, there was a time in this great nation when "we" were all one people. There were different political parties, but at the end of the day we were one under this nation. Sadly, those days are gone...forever I fear. Now we have legions of people who will gladly ignore reality and good common sense for the sake of stroking their own political convictions. The left is no longer a political party, it has truly become a terminal sickness, a virus...a disease.

You cite "denial" in your post; would you care to enlighten all of us as to what denial you refer to???? Or, is your political zeal so blinding to you, your illness so advanced, such that you are unable to do anything other than echo the words spoken by your corrupt, loathing and despicable party leaders and media?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

And the whole time he's talking to Trump, Jinping has his fingers crossed behind his back...

Yes, he's making Trump feel good about himself, that's what his intelligence report says to do. Make Trump feel "royal" and then we'll see what happens afterwards.

But hey, Trump got to eat dinner in the Forbidden City, which is really effin' cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

So Canada in 2016, and Australia in 2014.....yeah, Trump is the first.....or I guess they just want him to think he's the first....

Maybe he got a better dinner.

Not only does the ceremonial pomp and resulting media headline propaganda work on Trump, but apparently it also works on many of his fellow countrymen too.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It baffles me why pro-Trump propaganda is celebrated as honest to god truth but anti-Trump propaganda is ALWAYS fake news. Wait. No it doesn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How many American military personnel were killed by the Communist Chinese during the Korean war? And supplied the North Vietnamese during Namm.

alphahistory.com...

nationalinterest.org...

Trump couldn't insult the American service men and women any worse than he is now. We don't forget...

So we are supposed to remain sworn adversaries with everyone we have ever been at war with? Forever? What about WW1 & 2? Where is your contempt for us repairing relations with Germany? Oh yeah, it's Trump, I forgot. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

What happened to Trump saying that he was going to label China as a currency manipulator? I'm not particularly trying to be enemies with China, but it's not like Trump hasn't said he distrusts them already and has adopted an antagonistic attitude towards them previously.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well it seems the Chinese are big boys and can take a little harsh criticism yet still be willing to negotiate. Maybe they respect that.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

More like the Chinese know how to show proper respect to a foreign power's leader. It's a pretty simple explanation.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They never showed much respect for Obama, they obviously realize now that the U.S. has a real leader. It's a pretty simple explanation.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

They did too show respect to Obama. Stop lying.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

And you don't think that is even possibly just a # up? I can't say for sure but even the guardian article in the OP speculates that is possible.

A Chinese foreign ministry official involved in the visit denied it had been a snub, telling the South China Morning Post the US delegation had declined to use the usual rolling red-carpet staircase.

“It would do China no good in treating Obama rudely,” the official, who declined to be named, was quoted as saying.

“China provides a rolling staircase for every arriving state leader, but the US side complained that the driver doesn’t speak English and can’t understand security instructions from the United States; so China proposed that we could assign a translator to sit beside the driver, but the US side turned down the proposal and insisted that they didn’t need the staircase provided by the airport,” the official added.

The US president offered a diplomatic reply when asked to comment on the airport “kerfuffle” on Sunday during a joint press conference with Theresa May.

“I wouldn’t over-crank the significance of it because, as I said, this is not the first time that these things happen and it doesn’t just happen here. It happens in a lot of places including, by the way, sometimes our allies,” Obama said, adding that “none of this detracts from the broader scope of the relationship”.

It is entirely possible that Guardian article could just be liberal media overreacting to the issue just because it was Obama. After all, isn't that something you guys tend to point out about liberal media already? Why is this article credible when you want to prove your point? How was the rest of Obama's trip? Was he continually snubbed throughout it? I'm guessing no. Which leads me to believe it was just a simple mixup that got blown out of proportion by an easily excited liberal media outlet.

As for your other article. What does that have to do with China showing our President respect?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, President Xi Jinping apparently didn't mind joining "antagonistic" Trump at the signing ceremony. Like I said, respect.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join