It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Running ATS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Kind of enjoyed the comments here, and the celebrities who popped in.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know all that.

You don't see it, and it slaps me in the face. It is what it is.

/done

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I know all that.

I'm sure you do, but did you report it?

You don't see it, and it slaps me in the face. It is what it is.

What I see is plenty of rude and obnoxious posters getting their threads and/or the account privileges removed. The Owners cannot prevent them from creating multiple accounts. I have seen and been part of that scenario plenty of times and the only thing you can do is help the Mods and Owners by making them aware of what's going on.

Don't let them get to you, try to help, it's really up to us to make the place better.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Could it be a perception thing?

I don't do Facebook or any other social type stuff and when I first found ATS I found it a bit intimidating because every post seemed, to me, like a valid and interesting point....genius level, even.

Over time, I've got used to ignoring certain posters (I know, rude eh?) or skipping certain threads/forums etc because they weren't of interest or I had nothing to add of any use.

They say familiarity breeds contempt.
I can't really compare with other sites because, apart from you tube and buying/selling sites, I tend to avoid going online at all.
I instinctively knew from the start what would happen once the web became ubiquitous in peoples lives and how it would become part of "the control system", but I couldn't resist signing up here.

Still a great site.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Could be possible time has taken it's toll, personal lives etc.....

Good question though.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Or it's even original-er format of 911 conspiracy.

edit on Mon Nov 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is how it's run.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

NAHHHH,their OK ,they threw me out twice...FOR ah ...being vicious and confrontational...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: angeldoll
Wow. I don't see how you can not see..... it's , oh well. Nevermind. Have fun.

What's different from now to a year ago?

Well before Trump this site was very prolific in anti Russian and Putin threads, you can’t remember those?

One of the major anti Russian posters now only posts pro trump stuff

That massive Putin is missing thread by one of the amigos

RT even created an account here and they were booted quickly

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am secretly Trump and I run it for my deep state handlers in the CIA.

WE ALL answer to Putin the God King overlord.

edit on 11 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Well before Trump this site was very prolific in anti Russian and Putin threads, you can’t remember those?

And that's an issue? The flavor of the day will always be something different. If you don't like pro/anti something threads make a different one or don't participate in those.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's run by The Man. Who else?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Every time I get close enough to the curtain to pull it back and reveal who is behind all the gears and levers, I chicken out and pee on the curtain, ring the doorbell and run.
Mind you not all staff maintain the high level of decorum I do.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
To get to the point, who the hell is running ATS?????

SkepticOverLord has not wrote a single thread in almost a year.

Dmmit! I thought you were Captain Birdseye!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I thought ATS was bought by Facebook last year.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Mind you not all staff maintain the high level of decorum I do.

Oh Rly?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If an 'OT' was received, then the post in question was Off Topic, not abusive or belittling. That said, the internet has changed in the era of Twitter and memes... the definition of "Off Topic" has become more nuanced and less rigid, allowing more room for holistic topical creep than what we once would have allowed. That's why something which was considered a borderline, but still actionable, OT a few years ago may now be perfectly acceptable on the board.

ATS still doesn't tolerate racism, period. It would seem that the only room for argument as to this point revolves around who's defining racism. The past several years have seen the rise of a segment of the population who wish to expand the definition to include essentially any criticism whatsoever of one of the various protected groups. Since ATS reflects a cross section a very diverse spectrum of people, the definition we use to determine an acceptable threshold isn't going to agree with everyones' definitions. As long as we have an equal percentage whining about us being too strict as we have whining about us being too lenient, we're doing a wonderful job... FWIW, we see a remarkably equal number of member complaints from both sides.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My sources tell me that ATS was bought by the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo.

They're going to bring some class to this joint!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I heard Skeptic Overlord & Simon Grey were assassinated by Tom Delonge. Then with Delonge's Pentagon cronies intimidation tactics they've effected a total gag order coverup on Springer.

Which has me thinking they also put a blockade on the new Technological Singularity forum, and a gag order on discussing it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Maybe they are enjoying the prosperity. The Market is up, taxes are about to go down, Party time!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join