It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Running ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Let me start by saying that if this is a inappropriate thread then I am sorry.

Additionally I know that this is not really any of my business however I do think that as a loyal customer of this site I along with others should know whats going on. This site is made by and run by its members, we create the content and as such I think its only fair we know what is gong on.

To get to the point, who the hell is running ATS?????

SkepticOverLord has not wrote a single thread in almost a year.

I remember the old AST where the owners would have a thread every other week about the the running of the site, new mods, some new initiative or a simple reminder about manners and decorum this has now been absent for close to a year.

So again I have to ask

what the is going on and who is running ATS?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Masons. Duh.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Masons. Duh.

I knew it!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
dp
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Obviously somebody is, because the site hasn't stopped running. Sheer inertia would not keep it functioning.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Obviously somebody is, because the site hasn't stopped running. Sheer inertia would not keep it functioning.

yeah but something has obviously changed in the last year.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
also why is it every time I post on a Mac I double post?
edit on 6-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Cr-Apple.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Shhh. This is a secret live video feed from the moderators bullpen...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Let me start by saying that if this is a inappropriate thread then I am sorry.

Additionally I know that this is not really any of my business however I do think that as a loyal customer of this site I along with others should know whats going on. This site is made by and run by its members, we create the content and as such I think its only fair we know what is gong on.

SkepticOverLord has not wrote a single thread in almost a year.

I remember the old AST where the owners would have a thread every other week about the the running of the site, new mods, some new initiative or a simple reminder about manners and decorum this has now been absent for close to a year.

So again I have to ask

what the is going on and who is running ATS?

All of the information you are looking for is available online but not on here obviously.

You have to wade through a sea of crazy ex members claiming all kind of whacked out theories, some including everyones favorite mason funnily enough.

The truth is however not as exiting as you may want to think.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Definitely Masons.

I made some disparaging remarks in a thread and they were here within hours to pinch my nipps and rough me up with rolled up newspapers.

One of them gave me a wedgy!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
ne of them gave me a wedgy!

Stop pretending you didn't like it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Definitely Masons.

I made some disparaging remarks in a thread and they were here within hours to pinch my nipps and rough me up with rolled up newspapers.

One of them gave me a wedgy!

Not even close.

ATS was created in a small Town called Swindon by an American who pretened to be a ufo geek but was in truth working for a top secret UFO research base hidden on a US airbase nearby. He then moved to the US to continue the research and ATS was used to covertly gather information and keep tabs on those interested in the subject. A "tech guy" called Bill was bought in to inprove the sight and therefore the information gathering potential.

After a while the discussions grew beyond just UFO's and the CIA realised they could use the site to keep tabs on those on the fringe of society. ATS was then bought out for an undisclosed six figure sum by a consortium of undisclosed consortium of individuals and the site was pushed to become the number one place to be and the CIA was able to harvest all the info and many people dissapeared(this explains the amount of members that dissapear or get banned)

Too late in the game the origional owners realised their mistake and tried to take back ATS with a donation campaign to raise the funds under the guise of preventing cyber attacks but it failed and they were taken out by the CIA(thats why you never see them anymore.

Thats it in a nutshell but there is more to tell if I survive the night.

Some of the above is in fact true, the reat of it I just made up.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I've actually been wondering where the 3 Amigos have gone also.

My theory (note, it's just a THEORY) is that they are deliberately keeping out of sight so as not to be drawn into the political debate and reveal their own personal beliefs with the intention of not stirring the pot and possibly alienating and losing the readership of whichever "side" they disagree with.

Basically they want to prevent an exodus of people who would leave if they found out the owners did not take their point of view. I am absolutely sure that the Mud Pit alone generates quite a bit of advertising revenue and the Amigos don't want to lose this.

If I am correct, it sucks, but I understand why they are remaining silent.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That explains double posts.

Is the duplicate meant to go direct to headquarters?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

That explains double posts.

Is the duplicate meant to go direct to headquarters?

Yes, have you ever noticed that double posts tend to happen more when you say something risky?

How often have you seen a double post in the food and cooking forum.....

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I find double-posts tend to happen when your browser stops briefly at the "Posting this to forum" page (or whatever it says), then people get impatient and hit the refresh button which results in double posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I find double-posts tend to happen when your browser stops briefly at the "Posting this to forum" page (or whatever it says), then people get impatient and hit the refresh button which results in double posts.

It pauses while it cross references the post with your profile and posting history to see if it needs to be flagged and sent to the other server for investigation.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Don't know who is running it, but this is where I Found it originally..... the second blue title down.

www.angelfire.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join