It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: The Biggest American Companies Now Owned by the Chinese

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another posted here on ATS made me realize we're being bought out by Foreign Investors even more than we want to believe it. This sort of goes with my previous post, and not just China, but Saudi Arabia. Why in tarnation is this being allowed to take place? It's way past the Oil issue now, and far into the control of our daily lives through the Media like FOX News Part owned by Saudi Investors.

How far is America going to allow this to go for greedy people with more power than I could ever imagine?

coolinterestingstuff.com...

China is run alot like North Korea in so many ways. Don't forget that.

How much of the USA does China own ? how much money does the USA owe China? How many American States would China take ownership over to cancel the debt?

According to a Forbes report China is one of the few countries that still views the USA as a stable and desired place to invest money. Not only are Chinese investors and the Chinese state buying up luxury homes and apartments across all major US cities, they are also buying up US treasury bonds at an alarming rate. China has also been buying up Texas oil fields, major Chinese company Chesapeake Energy, holds 600,000 acres of South Texas oil and gas fields. China and Japan combined now own 2300 billion dollars of treasury securities The U.S. debt was more than $14.3 trillion during the so-called debt crisis of 2011, when the level of borrowing reached its statutory limit and the president warned of a potential default if the cap wasn’t raised. To put China’s ownership of U.S. debt in perspective, its holding of $1.2 trillion is even larger than the amount owned by American households. U.S. citizens hold only about $959 billion in U.S. debt, according to the Federal Reserve. Some Republicans have expressed concern over the amount of U.S. debt owned by China. Republican U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, a 2012 presidential hopeful, joked that when it came to the debt “Hu’s your daddy,” a reference to Chinese President Hu Jintao.

edit on 5-11-2017 by blackadder01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Same as in the UK.. Businesses, property next will be the people..
Russians and Chinese taking over the world without firing a single bullet..

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

Yes, i can imagine this poses some serious national security issues.

As far as i can tell, Trump is the only one talking about it.
edit on 5-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Those are exactly my sentiments. It's the big 'When' people need to focus on right now.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yes, i can imagine this poses some serious national security issues.

As far as i can tell, Trump is the only one talking about it.

Something tells me Trump as always, being ahead of the game plan, is using his staying power to the benefit of the Americas in a Good way. He knows their every move before they know his. It's what he's proven to be good at.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

you know i've always said it doesn't make sense to do business with a country that threatens you.

this is one of the older ones,

China threatens preemptive Nuclear war

kick to the curb, they won't launch.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There's nothing technically wrong with investors around the world buying American properties or securities.

This is actually a positive thing, it's fueling our economic boom and improving the lives of everyone overall.

This is what happens when Capitalism triumphs over Communism. We brought the Chinese into the world market in a big way.

I welcome their money and appreciate doing business with everyone of all walks of life.

They are recognizing how great America can be, so shouldn't you too? We are bringing people together and improving the living standards in a very legitimate peaceful way.

I realize we stil have tons of problems but making friends and doing fair business is something we are actually doing halfway right for once.

The Chinese and Japanese are adopting our ways far more than we adopt theirs. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

There is no reason to be afraid of this. We just averted global economic collapse, mass famine and war because we made friends with China. Let's play nice and show them we are worth being friends with OK?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah, this is what has been fuelling our economies the last 10 years, foreign investments.

The Saudi's and Chinese own a terrifying amount of UK infrastructure too.

But without that investment, half the country would probably have been shut down and turned into a pound shop or a betting shop.

... half the country already has done that. But I mean, most of the other half would have too.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

you know i've always said it doesn't make sense to do business with a country that threatens you.

this is one of the older ones,

China threatens preemptive Nuclear war

kick to the curb, they won't launch.

It's too bad that the younger generations disagree with us, the ones who are more concerned with Dirty Profit than Honest Making.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Yeah, this is what has been fuelling our economies the last 10 years, foreign investments.

The Saudi's and Chinese own a terrifying amount of UK infrastructure too.

But without that investment, half the country would probably have been shut down and turned into a pound shop or a betting shop.

... half the country already has done that. But I mean, most of the other half would have too.

And that's a good reason to sell out your Country? Your Heritage? We're kicking it close to November 11th, and I'm beginning to wonder just how many People enjoying their freedoms remember what our FOREFATHERS did for us in battle against the enemy?

So easily we forget.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

As with all things this too will end. But how and why is the real story.

This is not like the Japanese booger man in the 1980's. This is a different beast all together.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It's too bad that the younger generations disagree with us

them and the greedy older generations, that started the whole mess.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

It's too bad that the younger generations disagree with us

them and the greedy older generations, that started the whole mess.

Well yes and there's enough of those to go around full circle. I mean the ones who gave their souls blood and lives for the ones who ordered it.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

As with all things this too will end. But how and why is the real story.

This is not like the Japanese booger man in the 1980's. This is a different beast all together.

Aye, and this beast is one to be reckoned with caution.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There's nothing technically wrong with investors around the world buying American properties or securities.

It's all a technicality with this Generation isn't it? America doesn't need help from other Nations when these other Nations are Imbalancing our Economy to their benefit Then it's just bad business for the USA and Profit for our Former Enemy Nations raping our lands and buying us out thanks to ?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Wait so it's OK and cool to invest in, build our factories and pollute China - but how dare they buy US real estate or bonds?

Think about this.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Wait so it's OK and cool to invest in, build our factories and pollute China - but how dare they buy US real estate or bonds?

Think about this.

It's inequal either way. The Chinese Gov't is as much to blame as the Previous Governments here in America are. But where will you draw the line? You said you think it's OK for them to do this to us, so are you saying it's ok for them to do that to us because of what some Old political policies ran before us? It's all wrong!

Blame the Chinese Government for allowing it, NOT US.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Our countries are deep in debt to these countries in order to pay social security and benefits to everyone. Depending on which political party you ask, they will either blame one demographics group or the other (it's the Baby Boomers!!! It's the Illegals!!! It's all those wars!!!)

In order to provide security on those loans,, the UK lets them buy up things like National Parks, prime property in London, country estates. The Saudis are getting in on renewal energy, so they'll be profiting from solar and wind power if oil ever runs out. There was one royal family from the Middle East who wanted to buy up all the property in Princes Street. It took a newspaper to explain that all these properties were own by mutual investment and pension management companies.

All our electricity companies have been privatized and are now owned by the Russians. Our train companies were privatized in such a way that the railway network is owned by one entity, the individual train companies get leases to run services, and in turn can only lease rolling stock and not buy it outright. Bumper bonuses for those city investors who own shares in the rolling stock companies.

UK sold off all their high-tech manufacturing plants to the Chinese back in the 1990s and 2000's, and were told that this was going to be a virtuous cycle because everything would be cheaper. Now we have austerity measures to try and keep the trade deficit under control.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It's a sad reality. This country has a wonderful capitalistic penchant...and will sell to whomever is buying.

The stark outlook is that China could collapse our economy very quickly and almost completely...just by cashing in their chips, or short selling or whatever. But the reality is that they won't...the US is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods/products. If they collapse our economy, theirs will not be far behind.

As far as companies, corporations and property...Unless there are specific laws prohibiting foreign ownership, there is no way to prohibit the sale of those companies to Chinese investors...or to China itself.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

It's a sad reality. This country has a wonderful capitalistic penchant...and will sell to whomever is buying.

The stark outlook is that China could collapse our economy very quickly and almost completely...just by cashing in their chips, or short selling or whatever. But the reality is that they won't...the US is the biggest consumer of Chinese goods/products. If they collapse our economy, theirs will not be far behind.

As far as companies, corporations and property...Unless there are specific laws prohibiting foreign ownership, there is no way to prohibit the sale of those companies to Chinese investors...or to China itself.

It's very sad. And no one knows THE ART OF WAR better than those who wrote it.

The Art of War is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Spring and Autumn period in 5th century BC. The work, which is attributed to the ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu ("Master Sun", also spelled Sunzi), is composed of 13 chapters. Each one is devoted to a distinct aspect of warfare and how that applies to military strategy and tactics. For almost 1,500 years it was the lead text in an anthology that would be formalised as the Seven Military Classics by Emperor Shenzong of Song in 1080

top topics

<<   2 >>

join