It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: The Biggest American Companies Now Owned by the Chinese

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

In America, we get loans to pay for invasions and wars. Neither has much of a return like investments in our own people and land.

I started paying into social security in 1969, every paycheck til 2015. I pay for Medicare benefits.

The republicans tax cut increases the deficit 1.5 trillion. So deficits don't matter now.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

In America, we get loans to pay for invasions and wars. Neither has much of a return like investments in our own people and land.

That's not likely to happen until conditions improve in our Justice System.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the 90’s when the Japanese bought Rockefeller center and a bunch of other crap.The winds changed,and they lost a lot of money.Time will tell with this one.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01
Another posted here on ATS made me realize we're being bought out by Foreign Investors even more than we want to believe it. This sort of goes with my previous post, and not just China, but Saudi Arabia. Why in tarnation is this being allowed to take place? It's way past the Oil issue now, and far into the control of our daily lives through the Media like FOX News Part owned by Saudi Investors.

How far is America going to allow this to go for greedy people with more power than I could ever imagine?

coolinterestingstuff.com...

China is run alot like North Korea in so many ways. Don't forget that.

How much of the USA does China own ? how much money does the USA owe China? How many American States would China take ownership over to cancel the debt?

According to a Forbes report China is one of the few countries that still views the USA as a stable and desired place to invest money. Not only are Chinese investors and the Chinese state buying up luxury homes and apartments across all major US cities, they are also buying up US treasury bonds at an alarming rate. China has also been buying up Texas oil fields, major Chinese company Chesapeake Energy, holds 600,000 acres of South Texas oil and gas fields. China and Japan combined now own 2300 billion dollars of treasury securities The U.S. debt was more than $14.3 trillion during the so-called debt crisis of 2011, when the level of borrowing reached its statutory limit and the president warned of a potential default if the cap wasn’t raised. To put China’s ownership of U.S. debt in perspective, its holding of $1.2 trillion is even larger than the amount owned by American households. U.S. citizens hold only about $959 billion in U.S. debt, according to the Federal Reserve. Some Republicans have expressed concern over the amount of U.S. debt owned by China. Republican U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, a 2012 presidential hopeful, joked that when it came to the debt “Hu’s your daddy,” a reference to Chinese President Hu Jintao.

"Made in Japan", "Made in Korea", "Made in China"....and now Pakistan and Thailand...started back in the 60's. Its been building since. We used to joke about it...but in reality...those products were less expensive than American made and U.S. companies began outsourcing to save $$.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
I don't know where you got your info from but as of yesterday Uks power companies are not Russian owned.
Scottish power Owned by a Spanish company Iberola. Npower, and their group owened by a German company RWE group. EDF well that speaks for itself, French, Electricite de France. EON well that's another German firm.
As for the railways there are two main holders and that is the German nationalised railways Deutsche Bahn and the French nationalised railways SNCF.
If you think there will be no repercussions from these take overs think again. In the UK British steel companies were taken over by Tata, an Indian company, but when the going got tough the Indians pulled the plug and where is British steel companies now? Err, err let me think,,,,, nowhere. Even our own government shafted us so no help there then.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sound thinking muzzle. And as I see it, our only viable alternative. We, the American people have allowed ourselves and our children to be turned into consumers ages ago that salivate over the latest shinny gizmos that come down the pike.
That is the real part Americans play in the global market place. We are the consumers.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: blackadder01

There's nothing technically wrong with investors around the world buying American properties or securities.

This is actually a positive thing, it's fueling our economic boom and improving the lives of everyone overall.

This is what happens when Capitalism triumphs over Communism. We brought the Chinese into the world market in a big way.

I welcome their money and appreciate doing business with everyone of all walks of life.

They are recognizing how great America can be, so shouldn't you too? We are bringing people together and improving the living standards in a very legitimate peaceful way.

I realize we stil have tons of problems but making friends and doing fair business is something we are actually doing halfway right for once.

The Chinese and Japanese are adopting our ways far more than we adopt theirs. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

There is no reason to be afraid of this. We just averted global economic collapse, mass famine and war because we made friends with China. Let's play nice and show them we are worth being friends with OK?

Improving the lives of forty million people on food stamps?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I know this clip is getting cliche around here now, but I thought it fit the thread well enough to bring it up again.

This was a warning that basically went unheeded.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it's not like this thread imply's.....

at the Boston fed bank site click on publications

there's a download for a booklet and the teachers edition......for after the crash....

Greenspan wrote it.....go figure

the reset goes by senority in social security....it states the oldest get the new money first......idky

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Two Party System has been working its ass off to sell US out to the Commie's.

There's nothing technically wrong with investors around the world buying American properties or securities.

Looks more to me they're buying US up with our own loot.
edit on 5-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How far is America going to allow this to go for greedy people with more power than I could ever imagine?

Stop winging.. It is exactly what the USA has done to poorer nations for the last fifty years or so.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wait so it's OK and cool to invest in, build our factories and pollute China - but how dare they buy US real estate or bonds?

Think about this.

You make a good point.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'd like to point out as an expat living in China it is now very difficult (but not impossible) to move enough money out of the country to buy a house in the USA. The limit per person is very low and capital outflows have been heavily restricted.

Wanda's purchase of Lionsgate fell through due to this reason and Wang Jianlin fell from favor.

The trend you are citing has basically reversed in the last 6 months.

I know this because I'm married into a Chinese family and we can't move cash out of the country or sell our house in China due to current capital restrictions.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Remember when the Japanese were gobbling up American real estate? They dumped tons of money into the market, upgrading properties and then took a bath. It's cyclical. Now we get Chinese investment, better they place that money here than hoard it at home.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The last label will assuredly say MADE IN HELL because, after the next War hits half the planet that's all we'll have left.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Who you going to sell the company to?

The companies don't want war. So selling them within America who could be white racist/dumb people who will start war is stupid. No one wants WW3.

The companies don't trust the Gov. The Gov don't trust the people. The people don't trust the company.
Selling to India is also stupid as they are way behind in tech and culture. No one wants to be dominated by India.

Why the fk would you sell it to Japan? They have caused WW2 and willingly cause another war. No one wants Japan to become superpower and own everything. You can't trust Germany due to Nazism. You can't trust European countries due to EU and merging of companies which destroys competition.

No one will sell the company to other countries because they aren't peaceful enough and do not have the will to let the company to survive.

So China it is going to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

China owed the US millions and defaulted, we will most likely do the same or hold it over China's head for as long as we can.

But remember, China defaulted in the 1930's, the debt is in the billions or trillions by now. They screwed us, I think that is why the US stays in debt to them. Think how much them defaulting hurt us.

scholar.harvard.edu...

www.newenglishreview.org...

edited because the first link was not working, so I just pasted the address.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Merlynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

If that happened US would be invading China right now just like the 8 nation alliance repeat. What makes it worst is China will become the new US and which none of the other countries will have a way out like today. Don't nblame China when corporate Gov stabs you in the back like always.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join