It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julianna Margulies says both Harvey Weinstein and Steven Seagal tried to lure her into hotel rooms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I was already typing my post 'crystal clear' when you posted.

See above.

No ambiguity at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Kryties

I was already typing my post 'crystal clear' when you posted.

See above.

No ambiguity at all.

Yeah, I saw that. So you're reasoning is that because it's been going on for a long time that people shouldn't bother coming out about it now?

The whole post can pretty much be summed up as "Why now? They had plenty of opportunities in the last decades - so therefore their story is bunk."

[snipped]

edit on 5/11/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Nov 5 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Swimming in shark infnested waters is never a good idea.

Not your fault you got ate, and it sucks that you did and let's kill that shark.

But, when people get bit in those waters all the time to where is basically a societal meme, it's not exactly blaming them for pointing out their risk.
Imho, of course.

As far as this girl and steve segal, good for her for getting away and maintaining some dignity.

Segall has always seemed like a weirdo to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

Segall has always seemed like a weirdo to me.

Yeah I always thought he looked like a sleeze, even way back in the Under Siege days.

He went full "weirdo" when he gave up acting and joined a friggin police force. Imagine getting arrested by him? I couldn't take it seriously....

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

More information is needed here. For example, "You're quite beautiful, why don't we slip between the sheets?" isn't "Demanding" sex, it's propositioning... which is not illegal nor is it particularly troubling assuming both parties are unwed and adults.

I think old rock stars are next on the chopping block...lol

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: starwarsisreal

She is attractive and a scumbag made crude advances in hopes of havinsex with her.
The story she tells does not amount to rape or assault. She said no by screaming and left. Since he did not repeat the effort, it is not even harassment.

Normally I'd agree with you that all humans have the right to proposition once, and upon saying no, cease their advances. That excepts of course professional situations.

However, as casting directors this represents a professional situation and an imbalance of power. It provides a negative incentive to say no based on power and advancement.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: butcherguy

She is attractive and a scumbag made crude advances in hopes of havinsex with her.
The story she tells does not amount to rape or assault. She said no by screaming and left. Since he did not repeat the effort, it is not even harassment.

Normally I'd agree with you that all humans have the right to proposition once, and upon saying no, cease their advances. That excepts of course professional situations.

However, as casting directors this represents a professional situation and an imbalance of power. It provides a negative incentive to say no based on power and advancement.

Shouldn't the female casting director be the one that is charged then?
Seagal wanted to go over lines with Margolies. That would put tgem on an even footing, as a pair of actors.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So, no assault, nothing, and she doesn't even say why she had to "scream" to leave the room? Seems awfully vague to me. Plus, this guy has hardly been an "A-list" actor for long time, and seems to be far less than popular in Hollywood, for some years now, so why no accusations before now? As for that other one, the opposing side said she was fired for illegal drugs. So, she claims someone "forced her" to take illegal pills"? Convenient. Not sure I believe this one. He was married to Kelly LeBrock at one point, who later described him as being a "jerk" (the word she used starts with an A), but never mentioned anything weird like this.

Besides which, a proposition isn't "harassment", by a long shot, and she doesn't claim to have been harmed at all, so where is the crime? Sheesh, I have had a lot of guys proposition me, and never once did I consider reporting them for anything, even in the military, when I likely could have done so. It's human nature to flirt with, and come on to, the opposite sex. It's not a crime.

Weinstein, now, is accused of a lot more by someone, as I recall, and there could be more to that case. At least an actual crime is mentioned there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join