It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julianna Margulies says both Harvey Weinstein and Steven Seagal tried to lure her into hotel rooms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Margulies’ encounter with Seagal happened first, in her pre-ER days. “When I was 23,” the actress told host Jenny Hutt, “A casting director, a woman, said, ‘Steven Seagal wants to go over the scene with you in his hotel room at 10 o’clock at night.’ I got to the hotel at 10:40, and she wasn’t there. And he was. Alone. And he made sure that I saw his gun, which I had never seen a gun in real life. And I got out of there unscathed … I never was raped. And I never was harmed. And I don’t know how I got out of that hotel room … I sorta screamed my way out.”

www.avclub.com... e=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Now before you say he didn't do anything, there are reports Seagal himself sexually harassed his own female secretaries.

Faded action star Steven Seagal is being accused of demanding sex from young women he hired to be personal assistants, according to a lawsuit filed by a former model who claims she was assaulted by the actor.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

From what I'm seeing Margulies most likely knew the stories of Seagal harassing his assistants and chose not to stay.

edit on 11/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

More information is needed here. For example, "You're quite beautiful, why don't we slip between the sheets?" isn't "Demanding" sex, it's propositioning... which is not illegal nor is it particularly troubling assuming both parties are unwed and adults.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

She is attractive and a scumbag made crude advances in hopes of havinsex with her.
The story she tells does not amount to rape or assault. She said no by screaming and left. Since he did not repeat the effort, it is not even harassment.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

15 minutes startssssss.....Now!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Give any actor the spotlight and they will entertain you. I am not saying that there is no problem in Hollywood industry, because we all have known it for a long time.

And the Oscar goes to.......

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I was gonna say something but I think this reddit user made an interesting point:

She's not claiming assault - she specifically said she wasn't harmed, and even the article itself frames it as "harassment". It seems like she's speaking about these things to establish a pattern of behavior that may or may not lend credibility to the ongoing scandals, calling to account people who helped allow that behavior to continue (casting directors and/or assistants), and making a point that we need to better educate and empower our children before these situations ever occur

www.reddit.com...

And if you read the other link, Margulies probably was aware of the secretaries being harassed and felt uncomfortable.

Here's a video of Rob Schneider making a joke about Seagal groping a woman (start in 1:37)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Our society is crumbling.

Thought and logic are going by the wayside to feelings and public opinion. Bread and circuses for the win!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There are other women who reported experiencing harassment from Seagal, here's one example:

“I go inside his (Seagal’s) office, which has shag carpet and this huge couch, and he’s by himself and says, ‘Sit on my couch.’” She continued, “[He says] ‘So, you were Playmate of the Year?’” “Then he said: ‘take off your dress,’” McCarthy continued. “I just started crying and said: ‘Rent my Playboy video, you a*****e!’ and ran out to the car.”

uproxx.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Keyser Söze likes young boys.

So disheartening.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Are you surprised? I long ago figured out just about everyone in Hollywood is a predator. The town competes with D.C. for powerful sexual predator playground of the world.

And the fact many people seem to be totally okay with this behavior tells you why, despite the fact everyone knows Hollyweird is full of sexual degenerate assholes who prey on others, it continues to do so, and will be for a very long time.

They are completely okay with it, so it will continue. Until then, it's all just noise, because nothing will happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Oh I am not surprised. As an LA resident, it's pretty well known here.

I'm just sad there are people who refused to see Seagal for who he really is. A lot of them like Seagal due to his movies and to say he is a monster is hard to believe for them.
edit on 11/5/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It may be true, that so many starlets offer sexual favors to advance their careers, that those with power to advance said

careers begin to believe that all starlets are willing to offer said services.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here is what liberals love,the bleeding heart,it's Hollywood and every B rated actor will try for claim to fame,they always portray themselves as a victim,most knew what they were getting into as they were adults at time

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Oh I am not surprised. As an LA resident, it's pretty well known here.

I'm just sad there are people who refused to see Seagal for who he really is. A lot of them like Seagal due to his movies and to say he is a monster is hard to believe for them.

it's like that for many stars and big wigs in Hollyweird, I think, because of the culture of celebrity worship in this country. It's one of the reasons I have very little interest in movies, film making, or pop culture, at least not in the mainstream sense. Almost everyone in Hollywood is creepy. You live there, so you are ground zero in creep central. I visited a few times, but even then, the vibe there was predatory. Not just sexual predators. But preying upon people and their weaknesses. Everyone's someone's meat in Hollywood. The music industry is very much the same, from what I've heard.

And because celebrity worship is what it is in this country, celebrities can look forward to getting away with things we would crucify others for.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
big surprise.
seagal has been a known piece of # for long time

ask kelly lebrock

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Here is what liberals love,the bleeding heart,it's Hollywood and every B rated actor will try for claim to fame,they always portray themselves as a victim,most knew what they were getting into as they were adults at time

Victim blaming now?

Wow. Just......wow.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It amazes me what hypocrites people are!

I mean, seriously, how long has the infamous term "casting couch" been around???? What, 50 years...maybe more????

This isn't anything new. It's not right, but it sure as hell ain't new! It's not like all of society took a sudden giant swan dive into the gutter just yesterday. Hollywood and NYC have always been that way. You want the part, you'll put out. Again, it's not okay, but virtually no one can deny it sort of goes with the sleazy territory of the acting world.

And furthermore, I've had the occasion to spend some time around some of these Hollywood types, and let me tell you, they are about as nasty and sleazy as they get...all of them, and stars most of all. People always look at these star magazines and say how they'd like to do (insert whatever) with them. My response is always the same..."be my guest! I wouldn't get near one of those people for fear of catching something!" (for real too, many of them are downright unclean and unwashed). Their whole world revolves around image, and has nothing to do with person or reality. ... It's their whole world...fantasy. And they become their world...plastic.

Now, all of a sudden, we're all supposed to be crying fits of tears over these 'poor' creatures??? No, hardly; I have exactly zero sympathy for them. What the hell ever happened to personal responsibility? Common sense? I call BS!

Why would someone ever go over to Leisure Suit Larry's hotel room at 10pm to do anything...other than 'pander' (and I'm being nice here) for a part? They know full well what someone like that wants. C'mon!

All these stars coming out of the woodwork are just trying to get their faces back into the relevant world again. The subject has traction, so the whores they are will use anything to get their face in the media. No such thing as bad publicity right???? Gawd help them if they should slip off into the world of irrelevancy, or worse, anonymity.

Screw that noise!
edit on 11/5/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

As a matter of fact...YES!

Why? Because everyone now days seems to think they're the "victim", and need not have any personal responsibility or common sense!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Kryties

As a matter of fact...YES!

Why? Because everyone now days seems to think they're the "victim", and need not have any personal responsibility or common sense!

So Weinstein sexually harassing/assaulting numerous actresses, Kevin Spacey sexually harassing/assaulting numerous actors - all these men that have thus far been accused - according to you it's actually the fault of their victims?

Or is this actually about Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and the fact that they got booted off Fox for being sexual predators - and the fact that you cannot comprehend how people in power in your favourite news station could POSSIBLY do anything wrong?

Either way mate, you're on a slippery slope and dangerously close to siding with the predators. Why is that I wonder?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And just to be crystal clear on the matter...

What do I think they should do with the Harvey Weinstein's of the world??? Lock 'em up! Period! Lock 'em up just like any other person who assaults someone!

That still doesn't change my feelings toward all these has-been and wannabe stars coming out of the woodwork now, trying to pile-on to the latest gravy train over something which happened twenty years ago. And, that's the difference too. They're only 'victims' now because it will put their name in the headlines, bring them up out of obscurity. Most of them have probably 'boinked' someone for something 1,000x since then (willingly), but they won't talk about that, nor will they talk about, that given the chance, they'd do the exact same thing 10 minutes from now if it would get them something/anything. They're all just prostitutes, selling their 'services' to the highest bidder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join