It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two NYPD Cops Charged for Kidnapping Teen, Cuffing Her, Then Raping Her in Their Van

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

New York, NY — The two New York Police Department detectives who were accused of raping a handcuffed teenage girl in the back of their van have reportedly been indicted on first-degree rape charges.

According to a report from the New York Post, officers Eddie Martins and Richard Hall are facing a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 25 years in prison if they are convicted, and they are expected “to turn themselves in early next week for arraignment in Brooklyn Supreme Court.”

Two NYPD Cops Charged for Kidnapping Teen, Cuffing Her, Then Raping Her in Their Van

Not only did the officers not deny that they had sex with the girl while she was handcuffed and in their custody, they had the audacity to claim that it was consensual.

disgraceful abuse of power yet again in NY.. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That's disgusting. The death penalty should be the bare minimum for something like this happening.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

Infowars broke this two days ago. Very sad abuse of authority.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They didn't have sex with her but the sex they didn't have was consensual.......uuhh.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, of course they had to double back and say it was consensual after the rape kit came back positive matching the two of them.

This is why nobody likes cops. This is why nobody likes New York. This is why people despise NYPD.

Sick and twisted individuals. I hope they are convicted, and get to spend the next few years unable to sit properly from all of the "nighttime comfort" from their cell mates, Uncle Larry and Big Jim.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Anyone in position of power/authority should be geld accountable to the fullest. Law enforcement and government officials need even more serious punishment imo.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They will be killed in Prison. Justice enough for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Consensual sex with an on duty officer should still count as assault due to them being, well, On Duty Officers?!?!

Just like with teachers, but with an LEO, class is always in session and their position is the determining factor in convincing a girl to do what they say.

Aside from these obvious boundaries, regardless of who said what and did what, an LEO should be fired for boning someone while on the clock.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This reminds me of the song "Police Truck" by the dead kens

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If that was my daughter they would be two dead NYPD cops.
If someone did something like that to any family member of mine and I would hunt them down and kill them by any means necessary. This is where I draw my line in the sand and I don't care who did it or their social status,even if it was senator or someone even higher up the ladder. Sure I would probably be put to death but I would never be able to let someone get away with doing that to my family.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Police Union will get them absolved of all charges pretty quick on appeal. I would imagine we're looking at most 1 year before they're back on active duty (with backpay).

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Absolute filth.

This is disgusting in so many ways...the very people who are supposed to protect this juvenile are destroying her life... chances are they'll take a plea deal and walk after minimum time served.

Way to destroy a young girls life, erode community trust, alienate your community and anger the masses at large...good job NYPD, good job.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wtf... how terrible can one person be...? What are the odds two with the same evil mind. What can we say about hope for humanity...and for the NYPD if these two turn also out to be police officers..?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Infowars broke this two days ago. Very sad abuse of authority.

That abuse of authority is more widespread than anybody realizes. It is why many NFL players are protesting.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just curious who is the girl in the picture? If it's the alleged victim, it's disgusting that anyone would be pasting her picture all over the internet. If it's not her, what the # is that picture doing here?

On the OP, if they are found guilty I have no sympathy for them. I defend police when deserved but there is no excuse for this type of behavior.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Just curious who is the girl in the picture? If it's the alleged victim, it's disgusting that anyone would be pasting her picture all over the internet. If it's not her, what the # is that picture doing here?

I was just about to post this. Pretty sad.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

On the OP, if they are found guilty I have no sympathy for them. I defend police when deserved but there is no excuse for this type of behavior.

more than likely just a random photo, when people play the rape card they want you to feel sorry for the victim whether the story is real or not.
welcome to the internet 2017.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hopefully they get a lot of STDs during the thousands upon thousands of rapes they deserve to be the recipients of in prison.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

more than likely just a random photo, when people play the rape card they want you to feel sorry for the victim whether the story is real or not.
welcome to the internet 2017.

No, it's not just a random photo unfortunately. The attorneys for the accused NYPD officers have been circulating photos off of the victims social media accounts claiming that a girl that takes such provocative photos and posts them after being handcuffed and raped at gun point shouldn't be taken seriously because obviously she's a slut and liked it. I'm paraphrasing the actual statement by the attorneys but that's pretty luck the message they were trying to put out there.

I think that the most disgusting part of this is that not only is it apparently Ok with the PBA and Union reps that they handcuff girls and use them like prostitutes in the back of an unmarked van in a random parking lot, but its also perfectly legal. There's already been talk about closing that loophole but too little, too late in my mind. It's a felony and rape if this happened while she had been booked and was in jail but merely in custody and not having been charged yet with a crime, it's somehow entirely legal to abuse your authority and have "consensual" sex with women who are handcuffed and can't actually consent let alone say no.

These cops are pigs and not even men and the fact that it was all hush hush and getting swept under the rug before the victim began posting about it on social media and getting the larger media interested in the story is just another symptom of the larger problem. And sorry, it's not just a "couple of bad apples" here and there when this stuff is being covered for by colleagues when they should be distancing themselves from such behavior and publicly admonishing it.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If they're found guilty...still a trial to go...jail will be somewhat uncomfortable for them. Probably they'll be placed in protective custody/solitary, so as to ensure not only their safety, but the safety of the guards in the facility. The former, couldn't care less, the latter deserve better than to have to risk injury protecting them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join