It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two NYPD Cops Charged for Kidnapping Teen, Cuffing Her, Then Raping Her in Their Van

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Their future cellmates are going to make proper cell block ladies out of them. That's as nicely as I can put this.

originally posted by: face23785
Just curious who is the girl in the picture? If it's the alleged victim, it's disgusting that anyone would be pasting her picture all over the internet. If it's not her, what the # is that picture doing here?

On the OP, if they are found guilty I have no sympathy for them. I defend police when deserved but there is no excuse for this type of behavior.

To be fair, she's going after them publicly on Twitter, so she willingly outted herself, not the media:
www.newsweek.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They won't be put in general population, they will be in protection with the perves and rapists.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Just curious who is the girl in the picture? If it's the alleged victim, it's disgusting that anyone would be pasting her picture all over the internet. If it's not her, what the # is that picture doing here?

On the OP, if they are found guilty I have no sympathy for them. I defend police when deserved but there is no excuse for this type of behavior.

She's over 18, and has given the media permission to run her picture. Same as the girl out in Oakland that accused multiple cops of (to be polite about it) "exploiting" her. Even though she was a minor when it happened, she allowed the media to identify her and run pictures.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
As a former cop . . . I say give them life in prison in gen-pop.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

more than likely just a random photo, when people play the rape card they want you to feel sorry for the victim whether the story is real or not.
welcome to the internet 2017.

"When people play the tape card..."

I guess it is best to assume rape victims are lying first and foremost. Gotta protect those pillars of society collectively knows as "rapists", right?

Besides, that doesn't strike me as a "feel sorry for the victim" pic, it looks more like what one of those "she was asking for it by the way she dressed" types would post up.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'll let the legal system work on this, the court can decide what happened after hearing the evidence. There are women who lie about things like this and there are cops who would rape a sexy women. I cannot tell what the truth of this event is without proper evidence. I am sure that someone is lying. I just do not know who.

If I hadn't seen a woman claim someone sexually abused her when they didn't one time, I would believe the woman without batting an eye. I have heard of other woman locally that did the same thing, trying to cause problems for a guy. It isn't common but it does happen.

The justice department can deal with this, I am not going to pick sides when I do not know what really happened. False rape allegations do occur, and there are cops who would rape a girl too. This is not something I would want to take a side on because someone is lying and I won't believe someone just because of who they are. If it was a good friend who I know doesn't lie and would not do something like what happened, I would believe them. But not people I do not know.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

Well on the plus side they will go to jail.The inmates will find out and odds are good they will die in prison.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well on the plus side they will go to jail.The inmates will find out and odds are good they will die in prison.

What makes you think they will be put in general population?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

more than likely just a random photo, when people play the rape card they want you to feel sorry for the victim whether the story is real or not.

WTF is the "rape card?"

Are you kidding me with this nonsense?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

WTF is the "rape card?"

You have never heard of a girl using a false rape charge to screw a guy over....really ?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I think, beyond the obvious level of horror this item pulls at our strings...

That the most invisible aspect of this type of psychological-social event results in is thus:

More confusion.
More division.
More hatred.
More pain.

More dissolution of trust...
More primal fear.
More primal fear.
More primal... (Who's that at the door?!)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Dudemo5

WTF is the "rape card?"

You have never heard of a girl using a false rape charge to screw a guy over....really ?

Problem is they all ready admitted it. They placed her under arrest then claim well it was consensual. But heres the problem she was incapable of it because the position she was put in. Either go to jail on drug charges or have secx with the officers. No matter how you break that down it wasnt consensual was it? The situation caused her to make a decision and that means she was coerced in to it.

Now people were arguing about if they would be put in to protective custudy. Thats up to the judge and i have a feeling he will be not likely to grant it, Iwouldnt. But lets say he does that in itself is torture your put in solitary avoiding contact with other prisoners. And even then it still doesnt guarantee other prisoners wont get to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Now people were arguing about if they would be put in to protective custudy. Thats up to the judge and i have a feeling he will be not likely to grant it, Iwouldnt.

It may be my skewed view on how things are done but I was under the impression high risk inmates are segregated from the GP, at least that's how it is here in OZ, is it really that much different over there ?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now people were arguing about if they would be put in to protective custudy. Thats up to the judge and i have a feeling he will be not likely to grant it, Iwouldnt.

It may be my skewed view on how things are done but I was under the impression high risk inmates are segregated from the GP, at least that's how it is here in OZ, is it really that much different over there ?

Entirely depends on the judges decision. He canorder him to be put isolation. But even that has its risks if the guards are willing to look the other way. Or someone gets placed in solitary for infractions and decides he wants to boost his reputation in the yard by bashing a former cop. Its rare granted but even the mob has made hits in federal prison on protected prisoners. But as i said doing 25 years in solitary is worse then dying. 23hours a day in your cell you get 1 hour in the yard with 1 or ttwo people.
edit on 11/3/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What a screwed up world we live in....

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

Anyone in position of power/authority should be geld accountable to the fullest. Law enforcement and government officials need even more serious punishment imo.

I've been saying exactly the same thing for years! We have BS hate crime laws, but not crimes for people in the position of power over regular people doing harm to them intentionally?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: luke1212

Anyone in position of power/authority should be geld accountable to the fullest. Law enforcement and government officials need even more serious punishment imo.

I've been saying exactly the same thing for years! We have BS hate crime laws, but not crimes for people in the position of power over regular people doing harm to them intentionally?

Thats were civil rights laws come in to play. For example if the state cant get a conviction here the feds could step in saying they violated her civil rights.

A criminal civil rights violation involves the use or threat of force, and can occur with: Hate crimes. Migrant worker exploitation. Law enforcement misconduct. Religious interference or property damage.

edit on 11/3/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And this is one of the many reasons, that police who commit crime, should be more harshly punished than the regular citizen. Abuse of the powers vested in them by states and cities, to enforce the law are an honour bestowed upon them with the express understanding, that they will use these powers to uphold law and order. Therefore, breakage of their oaths to do so, ought to immediately add an "aggravated" onto any criminal charge they are met with. Furthermore, the officers who commit crime, should not be permitted to access their unions for support.

Frankly speaking, if these officers factually had ANY kind of intercourse with that woman, during their duty period, leave alone under the circumstances they are accused of, what their union thinks of the matter is not relevant, and they should not be able to receive any support that any other citizen would be unable to get from their union. For example, if a pair of dock hands were accused of raping a woman in an empty container on a storage yard, the fact that they might be part of the dockers union ought not get them any leeway in the matter. The same must, absolutely MUST apply to police officers.

And another thing. Police officers should be made to wear a body camera that they cannot turn off during their duty period, not even for a bathroom break. Any effort to obscure the camera by way of covering it for periods of longer than a few seconds, should get them reprimanded, repeated offence in this regard should get them fired, and there should be no period during their shift, where an officers actions are not carefully surveilled, not only to ensure the quality of their performance, but also to aid in prosecution of offenders. Body cameras would protect good officers from false accusation, and induce bad officers to leave the force, as a result of their no longer being able to just lie their way out of accusations and hide behind their unions.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What you propose would be to expensive for small police departments and to time consuming for large ones.For example New York has 34000 uniformed police officers, 51000 counting admin. This isnt practicalbecause on any given day at least 25000 would produce 8 hrs of video not counting the police cars themselves. Even at a fast clip saying it take an hour to review 8 hours of tape. You would be talking over 25000 hours of manpower needed daily.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Not necessarily.

For example, in the event of a rape like this one being reported, all one would have to do, is establish a rough time frame, skip the video playback to the period in which the rape is deemed to have occurred, and watch to see if the camera is covered during this period, or in the event that the officer is a total clod, whether there is visual evidence on the video.

Same with any criminal proceeding against a police officer, while they are on duty. In the event that an officer has covered their camera for some reason, this is tantamount to probable cause, because they would have no reason to do so which is legitimate under ordinary and lawful circumstances. That probable cause could be used to attain search warrants relating to their person and property, in the event of evidence of the crime being likely to be present on their person or property.

Its not necessary to scan through their entire day, after every shift. But it would make it much harder for them to wriggle out of prosecutions, when they have been accused of specific offences, taking place on specific days, or at specific times in a given day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join