It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the United States 'Soft' on Terrorism and Terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
But America is 'soft' ot terrorism - Isnt't it?

For a nation that claims an objective of controlling and eliminating terrorism - Why is the United States, even when it captures tries and convicts a

terrorist - then feeding housing, making sure their 'religious rights' are protected
- Why is this happening

Nidal Hasan

"idal Malik Hasan (born September 8, 1970) is an American convicted of fatally shooting 13 people and injuring more than 30 others in the Fort Hood mass shooting on November 5, 2009.[3] Hasan was a United States Army Medical Corps psychiatrist who admitted to the shootings at his court-martial in August 2013.[3][4][5] A jury panel of 13 officers convicted him of 13 counts of premeditated murder, 32 counts of attempted murder, and unanimously recommended he be dismissed from the service and sentenced to death.[3][6][7] Hasan is incarcerated at the United States Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas awaiting execution while his case is reviewed by appellate courts."
Qupte source:
en.wikipedia.org...

"awaiting execution while his case is reviewed by appellate courts" - Really? - Extenuating circumstances? - Or is the Unites States scared to

execute Muslim terrorists? - Why was no picture ever shown of the supposedly dead body of Osama bin Laden? - Was that really him who
they supposedly killed?

If the United States is scared of offending terrorists by killing them - Then why not give up now? - Give the terrorists what they want,
Why bother us with a phony war on terrorism - A war this country does not seem to want to win?

Tell me people when, if ever, is this country going to 'take the gloves off' and really try to win the 'so-called' war on terrorism

edit on 1-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I know they were having trouble getting the lethal injection drugs.

Maybe we should switch to beheading? Guaranteed to work.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Right - 'they' will use the most ghastly and primitive means to execute Americans to make their point - While America seems
to be scared of offending 'them' by not exiecuting the worst of thier kind!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Why is America soft on crazy white dudes with tons of guns that commit mass murder?

edit on 1-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

More importantly, how come the United States is so soft on white collar crime and government corruption?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Why is America soft on crazy white dudes with tons of guns that commit mass murder?

How many are still alive and received soft sentences?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought all death penalty cases were automatically appealed?
So ya..not soft on anything.

capitalpunishmentincontext.org...
edit on 1-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We've launched a worldwide series of anti-terrorism wars & operations that have killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslim civilians and displaced millions more. We have both known and unknown prisons where we've imprisoned terrorism suspects indefinitely, all without convictions.

We had have a torture program that included things like waterboarding, forced nudity while stuck in stress positions, and forced enemas (officially called "rectal rehydrations") to mere suspects.

And our drone wars include such beauties as "signature strikes", where our operators attack groups of people that fit a predetermined profile, all without needing to identify the suspects before blowing them and their surroundings up. Did I mention that we've even done drone strikes on weddings, funerals, and crowded marketplaces?

If that's "going soft" on terrorism, then what the hell are we "supposed" to be doing? Mass genocide?
edit on 2-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think that's the hidden dog-whistle undertone of the question posed in this thread...
edit on 2-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

It happens every single time there's a terrorism attack in any Western country. The kneejerk bigots instantly show up demanding sacrifices, collective punishments, and mass deportations.

Wait, that's not correct. It happens every single time there's an Islam-related terrorism attack. When non-Muslims commit terrorism attacks and mass killings here, the talk shifts to false flags, mental illness, personal responsibility, etc.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I'm going to try to put this nicely. By law he has the right to appeal the decision the dance as you and I. This is a right afforded to us by the constitution. We have the right to defend ourselves from unlawful prosecution.

Now here's the part where I'll be nice mob mentality does nothing to promote our ideals. How we treat our citizens and how we uphold our ideals is the most important thing as a country we can do. If we drug him out and cut his head off we become no better then the terrorists we fight. If we want to act like terrorists then we have nothing left of our morals or ideals. So why fight the fight at that point.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So soft we invaded a country and have been there for nearly 17 years? So soft we held suspected terrorists at CIA blacksites and Gitmo?

All people in the US and facing the US justice system have the same legal right unless otherwise stated in law.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Well, the suspect may just get off the hook. Trump just said the guy should be executed, so his attorneys can now claim the jury pool is tainted and go for a mistrial:

Trump tweet: NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room. He killed 8 people, badly injured 12. SHOULD GET DEATH PENALTY!

The problem with that?

Within minutes of Trump's tweet, lawyers on social media began to comment on what impact it could have on Saipov's prosecution. "Mr. President, we all know he should get the death penalty. But when *you* say it, it makes it harder for DOJ to make that happen," wrote former Chief Asst. U.S. Attorney Andrew McCarthy on Twitter

Link

That's our president folks. I can't begin to describe how incredibly proud I am at this moment.... /s

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There's more to the Constitution than just the 1st and 2nd Amendments...

The Eighth Amendment (cruel and unusual punishment].

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

They seriously need to deactivate his twitter account. This should've been an "open and shut" case.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

There's more to the Constitution than just the 1st and 2nd Amendments...

The Eighth Amendment (cruel and unusual punishment].

Too bad the Muslims don't care about our Constitution then. I guess they are free to torture people to death however they wish. Go Koran!

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You are a Muslim so of course you will be apologizing for the Religion of Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Guys that are caught alive like the cockroach in NY the other day, should be summarily executed on the spot.
But if that is too much for the bleeding hearts to take, put out a worldwide announcement that if anyone is caught carrying out a terrorist act on US soil, they will be offered no rights for anything.
No lawyer.
No trial.
No prayer time.
No food.
Nothing.
Have the families of the people they have killed come up with something nice for them.
I can think of 10 ways right off the top of my head to make them wish they never would have committed the act.
You have to fight fire with fire with these cockroaches.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I'm going to try to put this nicely. By law he has the right to appeal the decision the dance as you and I. This is a right afforded to us by the constitution. We have the right to defend ourselves from unlawful prosecution.

Now here's the part where I'll be nice mob mentality does nothing to promote our ideals. How we treat our citizens and how we uphold our ideals is the most important thing as a country we can do. If we drug him out and cut his head off we become no better then the terrorists we fight. If we want to act like terrorists then we have nothing left of our morals or ideals. So why fight the fight at that point.

To a large extent I agree - BUT the 'war on terrorixm'' is exactly that - It is a war!

My thinking, which has, in this case, been going on for a long time is this:

As long as your opponent is willng to give up all sense of Human decency, kill, maim, and torture anyone, to demonstrate
his twisted ideology - You simply can't play nice and expect to win.

At some point you have to 'take the gloves off' and respond in kind to the terrorists - You as an American [or any Westerner for that matter] are not really a Human being to this hardcore group of Jhadists - They [apparently] do not want compromise with any Western nation and will do whateever it takes, kill whoever they want, and do so indiscriminately
- In the end if 'we' keep worrying more about protecting their rights then our own - Then their rights will triumph
- ''they' will win - And the fact that this war has been going on for so many years, and if anything is getting worse
- shows that the West is doing something wrong - And of course a strategy, sucn as invading Iraq and entering into a no win
scenario, is if anyghing playing right int the hands of the terrorists - 'We' make ourselves look bad and accomplish nohting.

So what do I mean when I say 'take the gloves off' and stop playing nice?

I don't really have the answer - You tell me - Tell us - How do you stop a people, an ideology, hell bent on your
destruction, and the destruction of Western civiliztion

edit on 2-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think you mean "You're a Muslim who's gone into great detail describing the various denominations and factions within the Islamic umbrella so that people can distinguish which groups should be focused on", like HERE. It's not my fault that people don't have the mental capacity to understand that.

I've said multiple times that I'm not on either "side" of this fight because both sides are filled with bloodthirsty fools who justify killing civilians.

edit on 2-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join