It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the United States 'Soft' on Terrorism and Terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I've said multiple times that I'm not on either "side" of this fight because both sides are filled with bloodthirsty fools who justify killing civilians.

I am completely anti-war.

If it were up to me we would leave those people alone and let them get back to killing each other. However, I am not going to let them off the hook for attacking my country either.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Who's "them/those people"? I'm an American too and this is just as much my country as it is yours. But that didn't stop you from instantly lumping me together with them by saying "You are a Muslim so of course you will be apologizing for the Religion of Peace."

I'm also a true pacifist, meaning that I don't find convenient excuses to throw away my professed anti-war stance. Can you say the same?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Hasn't America killed enough people already?

How many more will be enough?

Do they have a target in mind?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I know they were having trouble getting the lethal injection drugs.

Maybe we should switch to beheading? Guaranteed to work.

A bullet don't cost much, nor does rope.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Who's "them/those people"? I'm an American too and this is just as much my country as it is yours. But that didn't stop you from instantly lumping me together with them by saying "You are a Muslim so of course you will be apologizing for the Religion of Peace."

I'm also a true pacifist, meaning that I don't find convenient excuses to throw away my professed anti-war stance. Can you say the same?

You were the one trying to justify terrorism...not me.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Kettu

It happens every single time there's a terrorism attack in any Western country. The kneejerk bigots instantly show up demanding sacrifices, collective punishments, and mass deportations.

Wait, that's not correct. It happens every single time there's an Islam-related terrorism attack. When non-Muslims commit terrorism attacks and mass killings here, the talk shifts to false flags, mental illness, personal responsibility, etc.

You forgot to mention Gun Control.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Liar. I didn't once justify terrorism. I wish I could say I expect more from you, but I don't.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We all know this war isn't about combating terrorism. Its largely meant to keep an American presence in the middle east, keep the heroin flowing into our country, keep the petrodollar relevant, and show the rest of the world what happens when you don't tow the line. I feel bad for the innocents who just want to live a simple life and take care of their families but, at this point f*ck em. I say nuke the whole f*cking area wipe those scum off the face of the earth. All religions are a bunch of BS drivel simply used to control stupid people. Get our young men and women out of that cesspool of ignorance and disease that is the middle-east. Get them back to work here at home.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Is.. is that a picture of Martin Luther King in your profile?

I think you should stop using that.
Your postings are reeking of hate against a whole religion, something MLK never would have said a thing about.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Is.. is that a picture of Martin Luther King in your profile?

I think you should stop using that.
Your postings are reeking of hate against a whole religion, something MLK never would have said a thing about.

When I sarted this post I wasn't thinking of religion - even though the current problem is caused by a small group of
'psycho terrorists' who have invaded and degraded the Muslim religion - Right wing Christian terrorists are still out there
[remeber Timothy McVeigh blowing up the . Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City?] - Remember the IRA [the Irish Republican Army] and the war between Cahlolics and Protestants in Northern Ireland, which finally ended not so long
ago [and of course the continuous wars waged by Christians against each other and anyone who disagreed with them during
the Middle Ages?

But we are no longer in the Middle Ages - And these contemporary terrorists, regafdlesss of what religion or religious faction they represent - Must be stopped or Civilization will be destroyed - The means of modern day warfare and
Medieval thinking produces a deadly mix - And it doesn't have to be just religion - look at North Korea.

I'm not saying the US should be the World's policeman - But while it is that way it should be done right
- Exacltly what that means I am not sure - But if terrorism is allowed to continue - Civilization, as we know it
will be destroyed.

Toying with terrorists so the military and arms industries can stay occupied and make more money is not sustainable.

Remember I put this post in the 'conspiracy section' - NO I don't know exatly what the conspiracy is - Or if it really is
a conspiracy - I just reach for a 'conspiracy theory' to put the blame somewhere - Hard for me to believe that Humans
are incapable of evolving out of their past

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war
that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible,
but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

“God has no religion.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.. "
Muhammad

"You will not enter paradise until you have faith. And you will not complete your faith until you love one another."
Muhammad

edit on 2-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You've been dropping bombs on Muslims for the last 27 years. Killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

How much less soft do you want to be?

And really, all of the ISIS terror attacks are blowback from US foreign policy in the Middle East in the first place. They hate us because we've been dropping bombs and slaughtering their families for the last 27 years.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

For a nation that claims an objective of controlling and eliminating terrorism - Why is the United States, even when it captures tries and convicts a

terrorist - then feeding housing, making sure their 'religious rights' are protected - Why is this happening

You're confused by the difference between procedures overseas and back home. Overseas bombs rain down... not even a declaration of war precedes them. No UN mandate, in violation of International Law.

Back home however, they maintain the illusion of human rights, for public consumption.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Same reason the US was "soft" on Vietnam. The money is in the fighting, not the winning.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Liberal Activist Judges.

Bout sums it up.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Why is America soft on crazy white dudes with tons of guns that commit mass murder?

Ummm...soft...?

The crazy white SSRI ingesting patsy is dead...apparently shot by swat...

Actually...come to think of it...even the crazy brown captagon ingesting dudes...are patsy's...

They both play their parts in this high theater...and "all the worlds a stage"...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
holy blazing hell .....

I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible. The constitution.

U.S. Constitution - Due Process

It's frightening how quickly people are ready to just dismiss entire parts of the constitution they don't agree with, while claiming they must uphold other parts to the death. Here's a quick rundown for you. Either support the whole thing, no part of it, or introduce an amendment.

(outrageous example: you forget to pay for some item at a store. you are arrested and sent to prison for felony theft. No trial, no appeal, no defense - enjoy your stay)

And for the religion bashers: I wish you would experience what it's like to be on the other side of bigotry. It's funny how you so eagerly state a religion you know little about is all about violence, while suggesting violence be used against them. Does that not sound a little hypocritical to you?

I would suggest you pull your collective heads out of your asses but the sudden daylight and oxygen would probably send you into shock.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
holy blazing hell .....

I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible. The constitution.

U.S. Constitution - Due Process

I am all for due process - And agree there is a slippery slope you get on when you suspend Due Process

- But, can you really have due process during a war? - And like I said earlier the 'The War on Terrorism' is exactly that

- It creates a state of war with a supposedly religious ideology so twisted so as to encourage psychopathical

horrendous and muderous acts by individauls determined to destroy due process and the rule of law!

Anoher words, can you really compromise with the devll and still expect to win

edit on 2-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The problem is that a "war on terrorism" doesn't fit the same paradigm as a typically defined war. A war on beliefs is impossible to win. Terrorism is never going away. Terrorism cannot surrender, sign a treaty or even a ceasefire. So applying the same ideas to it as if it were a standard war won't work.

I do believe that due process is not only possible but more needed than ever. If we start ignoring parts of our constitution in the name of "war" then we are seriously on unstable ground. Some could argue then that what is done could be considered a "war crime". I believe we must allow our courts to do their jobs instead of acting in a sense of expediency. If for no other reason, it would prevent others from saying that we stooped to a level that is equal to the terrorists themselves.

I understand what you're saying and deep down there's a part of me that agrees. But I think it's more important that we lead by example instead of reaction.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Then that means you don't really believe in due process. You only believe in it during specific circumstances. If you really believed in it, you'd believe in it regardless.

For example, we've been fighting a "War on Drugs" since before I was born. Illegal drug abuse, drug related accidents, and drug gangs/cartels/organized crime have killed far more Americans than terrorists have. And unlike terrorism, drugs are literally present & harming every single American community. So do you believe we should suspend "due process" in that war?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don`t think you are, there are other countries who are adopting a much softer stance. I hope my link works.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join