It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence that the universe is aware

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is more evidence that the universe is conscious and we live in a simulation.

Back in the late 1970s, physicist John Wheeler tossed around a thought experiment in which he asked what would happen if tests allowed researchers to change parameters after a photon was fired, but before it had reached a sensor for testing—would it somehow alter its behavior mid-course? He also considered the possibilities as light from a distant quasar made its way through space, being lensed by gravity. Was it possible that the light could somehow choose to behave as a wave or a particle depending on what scientists here on Earth did in trying to measure it? In this new effort, the team in Italy set out to demonstrate the ideas that Wheeler had proposed—but instead of measuring light from a quasar, they measured light bounced from a satellite back to Earth.

The experiment consisted of shooting a laser beam at a beam splitter, which aimed the beam at a satellite traveling in low Earth orbit, which reflected it back to Earth. But as the light traveled back to Earth, the researchers had time to make a choice whether or not to activate a second beam splitter as the light was en route. Thus, they could test whether the light was able to sense what they were doing and respond accordingly. The team reports that the light behaved just as Wheeler had predicted—demonstrating either particle-like or wave-like behavior, depending on the behavior of those studying it.

m.phys.org...

This takes the delayed choice experiment even further. Just think about it. The photons behave according to the choice of the conscious observer before it has even reached the observer.

How could the photon know what choice the observer made. The delayed choice experiment also applies to other subatomic particles.

This simply destroys materialism. These particles should be independent of human choice. How do they even know what choice the observer made?

The confusion occurs because people accept the illusion of separation. All of space is like a connected grid. So there's no need for signals to travel between point a and point b. This is because point a and b are a connected whole.

Separation is an illusion. Time is an illusion. Like Kip Thorne the recent Nobel Prize Winner said, if he were to hang out near a black hole for a while, he would return to earth and people would have aged 7 to 10 years faster than he did.

Scientist are discovering that nothing changes. What we experience as the flow of time is due to entanglement.
edit on 27-10-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Scientist are discovering that nothing changes.

The only thing changing is our awareness.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If the universe is actually aware, let's pray that it is a long time before we are noticed...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
If the universe is actually aware, let's pray that it is a long time before we are noticed...

I think it might be too late to go unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

I think it might be too late to go unnoticed.

It was that episode of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" with Richard Simmons, wasn't it?

I knew that would tip off the Universal Mind...

I told Drew that it went too far...

Edit to add: My post may seem juvenile in hindsight. Sophmoric. Immature. I'm guilty on all counts.

When I go to my Judgement, I hope the Creator will compare the number of times that I have made people laugh... against the times that I have caused pain.

It is quite likely, my only chance...

edit on 27-10-2017 by madmac5150 because: I missed one of these (?)... sorry Mr. Carey...

edit on 27-10-2017 by madmac5150 because: Not real sure... I sensed a disturbance in Cleveland...

edit on 27-10-2017 by madmac5150 because: Just keep your hands off of my goats...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Consciousness interacts with energy and even matter. In the case of light things and small amounts of energy, our perception interacts with it. With big things, our perception is not strong enough to interact with it to any extent, but remember, something big is a combination of a lot of little things. Lots of variables can be created to alter a path leading to a destination.

The consciousness of the universe would be what is refered to as god by many people, the collective conscious of our universe we see and maybe much more. There would be an invisible energy barrior at the edges of our universe that would not let us see anything past it easily.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Sorry to say, what you think causes laughter, more frequently causes pain in others. I know because I suffer the same delusion.

Better start helping the needy...

edit: and I think the universe is likely aware.. .either as sentient parts of the whole or as a conglomerate. We know so very little.

edit on 10/27/2017 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Sorry to say, what you think causes laughter, more frequently causes pain in others. I know because I suffer the same delusion.

Better start helping the needy...

I tried, but they didn't get my jokes.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
if i was the universe i would have sent an asteroid to almost wipe out humans by now

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
if i was the universe i would have sent an asteroid to almost wipe out humans by now

Almost? Real malevolent entities never threaten to "almost" wipe us out.

You wouldn't even get 5 minutes on "Ellen" for that tirade.

I would have petitioned for a more catastrophic end... black hole, neutron star.. Obamacare subsidies... something fun.

You would get a lot more for the screenplay.

edit on 28-10-2017 by madmac5150 because: Like, a lot more...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Where is Harte when we need him? I wish he would come in here and explain the implications of this. Come to think of it I haven’t seen Harte in a long time.

edit on 10/28/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Corrected spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

When I go to my Judgement, I hope the Creator will compare the number of times that I have made people laugh... against the times that I have caused pain.

Sterling madmac. Beautifully sterling

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 28 Oct 2017 00:24:14 -0500Sat, 28 Oct 2017 00:24:14 -050017102017-10-28T00:24:14-05:001200000024 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I've always thought of humanity as the simulation's neurons...

We transfer the bits of information, we are the simulations ISP

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Sterling madmac. Beautifully sterling

I hope I get a good lawyer...

Sadly, the best lawyers go to that other place.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It is aware and watches constantly..this is a huge problem.

Such imperfection masquerading as capable of all.

Amazing lies it tells too itself, in order to keep watching...fakeness abounds.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Of course it's "aware".

How do I know this?

Because I am aware.

(think about it for a second)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly

We need to wipe out the Universe...you have no idea just how backwards it really is.

The humans are the best of it all...stop falling for the constant propaganda that keeps us from making things right.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Far too simplistic as usual these arguments are.

How does an illusion exist and why would you care what a guy says about sitting by a black hole and having time be different.

These theories are so incomplete it bogs down the whole network with errors lol.

The idea that all is one tries much too hard.

It possibly was at one point..but it has not been..for ages.

Time to stop letting scientists and religionists tell us how things work and actually find out for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The implications are quite profound.
Consciousness and awareness to the forefront.
Pettiness and ego to the back of the line.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

lmao! youre good bro! ill vouch for ya. I saw that Whose Line episode!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join