It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence that the universe is aware

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Thats what I believe too! How can it not be aware? We are aware and the universe is infinitely more than whatever it is we are. We are just "cells" in some other "host's body" our own cells might even be self aware.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

This doesn't make any sense. You're on a Science&Technology forum asking why do we listen to a guy whose an award winning Physicist and just won the Nobel Prize. Why wouldn't you talk about Kip Thorne on a Science&Technology forum?

You said "how does an illusion exist?"

We make it real because of the way we perceive it. As Einstein said,"The distinctions between past, present and future are a persistent illusion."

This is to say our perception of an underlying reality is wrong. What we perceive as the past may just be a static point in spacetime.

For instance a leaf can fall and land on the right side of the tree. Five minutes later the wind blows it to the left side of the tree.

IF THERE'S NO CONSCIOUS OBSERVER THERE TO SAY THE LEAF WAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE TREE IN THE PAST BEFORE IT WAS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE TREE, HOW DOES THIS HAVE ANY MEANING AT ALL?

In the past people thought there was a sun god that they had to please with sacrifices. That was an illusion but it exists because that's how people perceived it at the time.

What Einstein and others are saying is that our minds make the illusion real locally but we know local realism is dead.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Thats what I believe too! How can it not be aware? We are aware and the universe is infinitely more than whatever it is we are. We are just "cells" in some other "host's body" our own cells might even be self aware.

Good points.

How can we be something the universe is not?

How can I make a wooden table without wood? How can I make a pepperoni pizza without pepperoni?

How can the universe make self aware beings without some level of awareness?

Even if it's as simple as subatomic particles being aware when they're being measured and not being measured. This simple awareness can manifest itself as self awareness when the vehicle is a complex structure like the brain instead of an elementary particle.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So if I understand it correctly, which I probably don't, it seems its all down to belief once again? Therefore what we believe, we see/create? Like the Nils Bohr experiment, what you believe i.e. waves or particles is what you see?

So the new age Universal Law guys were in essence correct? The teachings of that great new ager Jesus going on about belief was also correct when he said belief can move mountains?
edit on 28-10-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Your misunderstanding the results. A photon is both a particle and a wave and only when we observe it determines which we see.Has nothing to do with the person but the form of detection we choose to use.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Or.... I think, therefore you exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Or.... I think, therefore you exist.

There is no one thinking!!
'I' is a thought the universe is aware of.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If I am alive, the universe exists. If I cease, so does the universe. Everything and everyone is created out of my minds awareness. Beyond my awareness nothing exists.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I think waves are the reality and particles are the delusion. What we call a particle, everything written about it, the mathematics we use to represent its behavior, is somewhat an arbitrary delusion since we created a device for doing the particle measurement. The measurement device itself creates a delusion of perception because of its limitations.

The wave nature of reality is beyond measurement. The more interesting question is given the wave nature of reality it is really quite amazing the waves vibrate so consistently in the same repeatable patterns over time. If you could create a device to disrupt the wave pattern maybe you could change the laws of physics in a confined space.

edit on 28-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Far too simplistic as usual these arguments are.

How does an illusion exist and why would you care what a guy says about sitting by a black hole and having time be different.

These theories are so incomplete it bogs down the whole network with errors lol.

The idea that all is one tries much too hard.

It possibly was at one point..but it has not been..for ages.

Time to stop letting scientists and religionists tell us how things work and actually find out for ourselves.

Here's another example. You have a series of polarized filters A,B,C (like sunglasses) placed in front of a light source.

If A is in use at 0 degrees rotation, you get 50% of the light

If A is in use at 0 degrees and B is in use at 90 degrees rotation, you get 25% of the light going through.

But if you add a third polarized filter C (at rotation 45 degrees) between A and B, you might then expect to get 12.5% of the light. But the actual amount of light going through is 85%. This video explains Bells paradox:

edit on 28-10-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The video link is not working.
Tell me what the video title is and I will post it up for you.
edit on 28-10-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: madmac5150
If the universe is actually aware, let's pray that it is a long time before we are noticed...

I think it might be too late to go unnoticed.

Oh, we were noticed, but we never were a problem until we got too tied up with technology and tinkering with basic elements of the Universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think waves are the reality and particles are the delusion. What we call a particle, everything written about it, the mathematics we use to represent its behavior, is somewhat an arbitrary delusion since we created a device for doing the particle measurement. The measurement device itself creates a delusion of perception because of its limitations.

The wave nature of reality is beyond measurement. The more interesting question is given the wave nature of reality it is really quite amazing the waves vibrate so consistently in the same repeatable patterns over time. If you could create a device to disrupt the wave pattern maybe you could change the laws of physics in a confined space.

EXCELLENT POINTS!

We're under the delusion that our measurement of a quantum state is what's "real."

The wave function is multidimensional and we can only perceive it in a 3 dimensional way.

This is why Scientist our realizing time doesn't exist and the perception of time emerges from entanglement.

How Time ‘Emerges’ from Entanglement

Time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement, say physicists. And they have the first experimental results to prove it

But it didn’t take physicists long to realise that while the Wheeler-DeWitt equation solved one significant problem, it introduced another. The new problem was that time played no role in this equation. In effect, it says that nothing ever happens in the universe, a prediction that is clearly at odds with the observational evidence.

Entanglement is a deep and powerful link and Page and Wootters showed how it can be used to measure time. Their idea was that the way a pair of entangled particles evolve is a kind of clock that can be used to measure change.

But the results depend on how the observation is made. One way to do this is to compare the change in the entangled particles with an external clock that is entirely independent of the universe. This is equivalent to god-like observer outside the universe measuring the evolution of the particles using an external clock.
In this case, Page and Wootters showed that the particles would appear entirely unchanging—that time would not exist in this scenario.

entanglement and time

It's a long article but a VERY GOOD READ.

It shows that an internal observer will experience what it perceives as time because it can only measure one quantum state at a time. So the external quantum state acts as a clock. So we measure spin down and it takes what we perceive as time to measure spin up. An internal observer becomes entangled with one state.

A godlike observer or an external observer on the boundary of space has no external clock and will see no difference and no change between quantum states and therefore NO TIME!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is all way out of my league intellectually .... but doesn't this simply confirm that you find what you are measuring for?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
This is more evidence that the universe is conscious and we live in a simulation.

Back in the late 1970s, physicist John Wheeler tossed around a thought experiment in which he asked what would happen if tests allowed researchers to change parameters after a photon was fired, but before it had reached a sensor for testing—would it somehow alter its behavior mid-course? He also considered the possibilities as light from a distant quasar made its way through space, being lensed by gravity. Was it possible that the light could somehow choose to behave as a wave or a particle depending on what scientists here on Earth did in trying to measure it? In this new effort, the team in Italy set out to demonstrate the ideas that Wheeler had proposed—but instead of measuring light from a quasar, they measured light bounced from a satellite back to Earth.

The experiment consisted of shooting a laser beam at a beam splitter, which aimed the beam at a satellite traveling in low Earth orbit, which reflected it back to Earth. But as the light traveled back to Earth, the researchers had time to make a choice whether or not to activate a second beam splitter as the light was en route. Thus, they could test whether the light was able to sense what they were doing and respond accordingly. The team reports that the light behaved just as Wheeler had predicted—demonstrating either particle-like or wave-like behavior, depending on the behavior of those studying it.

m.phys.org...

This takes the delayed choice experiment even further. Just think about it. The photons behave according to the choice of the conscious observer before it has even reached the observer.

How could the photon know what choice the observer made. The delayed choice experiment also applies to other subatomic particles.

This simply destroys materialism. These particles should be independent of human choice. How do they even know what choice the observer made?

The confusion occurs because people accept the illusion of separation. All of space is like a connected grid. So there's no need for signals to travel between point a and point b. This is because point a and b are a connected whole.

Separation is an illusion. Time is an illusion. Like Kip Thorne the recent Nobel Prize Winner said, if he were to hang out near a black hole for a while, he would return to earth and people would have aged 7 to 10 years faster than he did.

Scientist are discovering that nothing changes. What we experience as the flow of time is due to entanglement.

Um, hate to break it to you, but the photon doesn't know. The photon is being influenced by the actual measurement tools. Has nothing to do with consciousness. These are people who are conducting an experiment, but not even sure what is happening IN the experiment.

Same thing with the double slit experiment.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
if i was the universe i would have sent an asteroid to almost wipe out humans by now

Absolutely food for thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Very profound. You took my thought to a whole new level. But it can be ultimately be oversimplified with the cliche all is one. One observer observing itself

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
just so you know, there is an god
otherwise we would not exist, because matter and antimmatter particles would cancel each other, however unexplainably an small amount of matter was added...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
just so you know, there is an god
otherwise we would not exist, because matter and antimmatter particles would cancel each other, however unexplainably an small amount of matter was added...

Are you sure you exist?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

We can do that. Cool the atoms down to close to absolute zero, and then become so slow and sluggish that they act as a a single particle or wave function called a Bose-Einstein condensate. Apply a magnetic field to an atom and it deforms the orbits of the atoms to the point that as soon as one electron is confined to a single point, it emits a photon and moves to a new orbital state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join