It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's the true "CHANGE" Obama was talking about.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
All these hotbed issues being thrown in our face by the media over the past year or two all have one thing in common.

By media you mean Trump's twitter feed?

I believe the Media is wrestling for the first time ever if it is their responsibility to report statements from the President of the United States, so not sure if we can fully blame them for covering it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

But they have to let them in. Whats the alternative, machine gunning them on the beach, sinking their vessels in the Med?

This is blowback for destabilizing regions of Africa and the Middle East. These countries are hemorrhaging refugees because of the US EU (NATO) campaigns to topple regimes and (wait for it)... destabilize the region.

I always wondered what Empires did in the past that made them implode...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
YEAH ...but it feels more...DESPERATE, to attempt to directly confront us , by warring against our values with a generation of people who are media programmed.
SO MUCH so, a tiny few think they ACTUALLY want to fight.
AND the same conversely go do so against them.
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

But they have to let them in. Whats the alternative, machine gunning them on the beach, sinking their vessels in the Med?

This is blowback for destabilizing regions of Africa and the Middle East. These countries are hemorrhaging refugees because of the US EU (NATO) campaigns to topple regimes and (wait for it)... destabilize the region.

True.

For all of that pandering to Muslim's BS Obama made of his central platform -once in office- you'd think he wouldn't have had total Dubya grade hypocrisy in destroying their part of the world.

Unless the real plan...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: intrptr

True.

For all of that pandering to Muslim's BS Obama made of his central platform -once in office- you'd think he wouldn't have had total Dubya grade hypocrisy in destroying their part of the world.

Unless the real plan...

...is creating a slave labor force at home to make more money, increase security in the name of fighting higher crime rates, and justifying bigger defense budgets to take over even more countries and steal their stuff.

Vicious cycle, fed by greed and avarice.

You've heard about all the referendums to secede from the EU? Caledonia is heating up. They tired of endless Austerity behind all the endless war making.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree, now the current president is helping to fuel that change.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

I mean both. They're playing off of each other intentionally. This whole Trump/media circus is by design.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FyreByrd

That's what government and the power to make law is - force.

When you lobby to have laws made that you want or think should be made, you are lobbying to have people forced into doing things a certain under threat of legal action.

The individual mandate of Obamacare is this - buy our insurance the way we think insurance should be ... or else pay a large fine to the IRS for non-compliance. There is no personal freedom there except the freedom to decide how your money is taken and in what form.

When people decided that it was best for everyone to never drink, they lobbied for a collective action to make all alcohol illegal. We saw what happened with that one. But the law was used like a cudgel to attempt to force people into behaving like those crusaders wanted them to - a nation of teetotalers. Instead, we arrived at a nation of casual (and not so casual) criminals.

Are you seeing how this works yet? He who has the power of government has the power to compel through the force of law. Every law made is one less freedom or choice you or I get to make on our own, freely. Perhaps you like always being told what to do, but I grew up and moved out of my parents' house because I wanted to make my own choices in life, not simply replace my parents with your peoples' collective.

That may be true in your experience. However it isn't mine. Nor was it Ghandi's or Martin Luther Kings'.

Moral Power is much more effective as a governing tool. Look at the Quakers.

Force - just escalates anger, fear and hatred.

Look at Winston Churchill's speech about .... "we will fight on the .... etc" there was no force behind it (Kennedys man on the moon speech as well, more keep coming to mind) no 'do or die' imperative but great moral power. It inspired a nation that was 'just this close' to being overrun.

That kind of power will do things that no amount of Force and every claim to. And ... and with moral/ethical/justice based power the results are long term because you gain power rather then lose force.

There is a tweet thing out there from last year ... let me look ... it's a bit hard to follow ...

www.businessinsider.com...

The Vet that took on Trumps vile remarks did so not with force but with moral authority and power.

They are two very different forces in the world with very different results.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes. Your words are wise and appreciated. Testify. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So now you are all in favor of shoving your morality down someone else's throat?

But let's be clear, that's only if it's *your* morality. I'll bet you wouldn't be at all happy with mine shoved down your throat.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This thread should be a reminder that we're being played yet a lot of replies are the same old hateful, repetitious garbage that's making ATS less interesting to come to. I have to admit, I didn't get past the second page. Too depressing to see how so many are stuck in a rut of hate. We get it, you don't like Trump! Get over it. He's the president. Move on and don't play into being divided. Let's agree to abandon the Mud Pit! Do we have the collective self discipline to not let this go on? How about a good conspiracy theory or two?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So now you are all in favor of shoving your morality down someone else's throat?

But let's be clear, that's only if it's *your* morality. I'll bet you wouldn't be at all happy with mine shoved down your throat.

NO !!! you misunderstand completely.

Power doesn't 'shove' (your aggressive phraseology) anything down anyone's throat. Nor it is about any one's persons way of life or demands/commands.

Power inspires people to their best - in whatever manner they wish. It has an authority and universality that brings out tolerance and right effort in those who wish. It is an invitation to participate and speak your own truth. It is accepting but firm in it's stance.

Words spoken with power encourage and sooth they don't anger. It is the sharing of a vision without concern for the end points. It's a vision to be shared and built upon by anyone in their own manner.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I don’t get why Anyone get so upset with whoever the president is, it only a 4 yr term lol We should be more concerned about the local officials for our communities, We should be getting receipts for our local tax money
edit on 24-10-2017 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2017 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I have noticed a pattern alright on conspiracy sites everything that happens is a conspiracy it doesn't matter how much evidence is shown, EVERYTHING is a conspiracy always has been and always will be that's why people still think we didn't land on the Moon and the Earth is suddenly flat again have a look at youtube 100's of flat Earth aholes that don't understand maths,science or scale. Look at the Vegas shootings people claiming shots comming from different directions because of what they hear on a mobile phone video because we all know mobile phones have the best quality audio and microphones in use today

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I think arguing over bathroom laws is important because there are people who would like to go to the bathroom of their chosen gender, and who are not interested in harming or harassing children. These people might have undergone hormone therapy or even surgery. I have three trans friends that transitioned from female to male and they all have beards now and two of them are dating other women. They would like to go to the bathroom with other men. What is wrong with that?

As for arguing over Trump's words, the media likes to point out when he is not factually accurate and he is the President so that scrutiny is welcome to a free society. As for the emotional things, such as Trump messing up a bit on a phone call to the wife of a recently deceased soldier, while that is something that is sad, I don't think it should be front-page news for a few days in a row.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

My thoughts exactly, and ATS is a good example of that agenda working.

Unfortunately, some members at ATS use this as a cage match site instead of thoughtful dialogue. There are many good members and great threads. Avoid the ones that just devolve into he said, she said, or my guy/gal right or wrong. ATS is still a useful tool and has great Mods to run the threads if they go too far off topic or civility.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

All these hotbed issues being thrown in our face by the media over the past year or two all have one thing in common. Can you guess what it is? They're all SUBJECTIVE, meaning they are dangling these subjective and inconsequential issues in our face so that we argue over things that will change nothing all while their divide and conquer psyop rolls along full speed ahead.

No one's minds are going to change because, as I said, they're SUBJECTIVE social issues and rely solely on the biases and opinions of the individual. We're arguing over things that in the end will amount to NOTHING and will change NOTHING no matter who is right or wrong in the matter. In fact there is no right or wrong because one person's right is another's wrong and vice versa.

It's sad that I can read the title of a thread and then respond accordingly to a poster without even having to read their argument because it's always ALWAYS the same argument depending on the premise of a thread.

What exactly are we accomplishing by arguing over who Trump did or did not call? What are we accomplishing by arguing over bathroom laws? What are we accomplishing over arguing about what Trump did or did not say/mean?

I'll tell you what we're accomplishing, and it's not in our favor as the American/world public, we're accomplishing the spread of hate, animosity, bigotry, prejudice and division amongst ourselves. They're dividing us through political/social/subjective issues and they know that no one will change their minds no matter how much we argue over them. In fact they're counting on it which is why they keep shoving this stuff down our throats week after week, yet we keep begging for more.

They all (politicians) suck but we seem to be arguing over which ones suck less than the others. We're arguing over douches and turd sandwiches and eating both simultaneously and we seem to love the taste.

Wake up people. This whole political charade is bread and circus for us pleebs to chew on while the ones in control continue eating the whole buffet.

Your power of observation serves you well....

Yes, yes I have seen it, have been observing closely and with higjtened discernment (the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscure)

Bring able to see through the smoke and mirrors and tell what is truth and what is false..... and to perhaps to predict what is a foot and what is aloof.

The illusion is to attempt to steer us into something we're not, to plant those seeds you mentioned in hope they will grow to what THEY desire.

Question I have is and have pondered for a very long long time.... what would be the best results they could get from this and for what ultimate purpose(s)?

To conquer the USA (or any country for that matter) from within would be and always has been...the ultimate victory....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yes, they all serve the goal of divide and rule ...... of the masses that is. Why do you think they have organised sports and different religions?

Montagu Norman, was an English banker, Governor of the Bank of England from 1920 to 1944.Said:
Text

 “These truths are well known among our principal men, who are now engaged in forming an imperialism to govern the world. By dividing the voter through the political party system, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting for questions of no importance."

edit on 27-10-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Except instead of anarchy you'd have a bunch of regional warlords (the people who've been stockpiling massive amounts of weaponry and ammo for decades). There will never be anarchy or communism here, so the forces attempting to subvert our constitution and lawful government should just go home.

Best case scenario is they'll succeed at overthrowing one government to have thousands of micro-governments pop-up and still subjugate them. Last I checked, there are plenty of places in the world to go if one is interested in communism (fascism/totalitarianism) or pure anarchy (try parts of Africa and the ME).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join