It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I see there making everyone pick sides to the point where it's going to be anarchy.

Black white
Trump Hilary
Brexit Europe
Obama care
Fire arms
Gays , trans
Oil - wind solar
Immigration
Wars
Global warming
Taxation
War on drugs
Wall or no wall

Yep part of the divide

Sad
Millions and millions. A tidal wave of voices. All of which use sound bites as their opinion
This is all talk and no results. they can control the masses this way.

cyber stone throwing and hysteria.
Any issue, every issue, of importance has people yelling over their social media without anyone bothering to fix root causes.
Our own presidential elections- they have become puppet shows.

They have opinion makers and leaders on each side, supplying a few critical flashpoint incidents to create argument.
So, when creating propaganda, you try and create your own rebellion, to give natural born rebels the illusion of control.
That way, you secretly control both sides by creating an artificial war that hides away the main issue

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Well put.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
They all (politicians) suck but we seem to be arguing over which ones suck less than the others. We're arguing over douches and turd sandwiches and eating both simultaneously and we seem to love the taste.

Great OP and great thread. I totally agree with everything you've said. The subjective stuff has sinister motives. I think the main goal is to make sure absolutely NOTHING ever changes. The CEO's pay the lobbyists. And the lobbyist force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. If a politician doesn't represent the interests of the billionaire cabal then that politician has his ass primaried.

I do want to add one more comment to yours. I totally agree with you all politicians suck as you've stated. The liberal Democrats are too much in bed with the corporations. The liberal Democrats suck because they are just not doing enough to help the working man or the people poverty in this country. Democrats suck.

However, I do want to make one more subjective judgement about Republicans in general. In my subjective opinion Republicans suck a little more than Democrats. I have seen several leftist posters on ATS criticize liberals and Democrats. I've seen many leftists criticize Hillary over how she handled Bernie in the primaries. But I have never ever seen the right wing posters on ATS ever criticize their party or accept responsibility of their own parties flaws. The best you will ever get from a Republican to admit their own party sucks is they will say something like "Democrats do it too" or some such nonsense. Republicans do not have principles when it comes to having integrity in government. It just seems to me Republicans value the ends justifying the means more than the Democrats.

Take American adventurism in the World. A trillion dollars per year is being squandered by military spending that did absolutely NOTHING to protect us on 9/11. Where are the Pat Buchanan conservatives when it comes to military spending? The corporate propaganda machine just makes politics suck in this country.

I will make a prediction. When Trump is no longer president ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED. At the end of the Trump's presidency the rich will be richer. And the median workers wage will buy less goods and services at the end of the Trump's presidency than it did in the beginning. Mark my words. The rich and powerful will be MORE rich and powerful.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've noticed it for a while.

And the answer is a government with much less power. When people and groups can't us it like a cudgel against those who don't think or live like they do, they would be far less point to it all. But right now, it makes them feel needed and powerful so they benefit.

Your, so called answer, is wrong for many reasons the first of which is the 'government' (and you neglect to define it sufficiently - social life is impossible without some form of government) is a direct reflection of the society it serves.

In the US case - I may agree - that currently the constituency of the government over the last forty years has moved from "We the People" to "We the Corporate Wealthy". But the answer is not less government it is more democatric government that is representative of the people's needs and desires.

You have bought the big lie - "Government should be run like a business" and it has been for forty years. What are the results? You don't like them - so why are you proposing "more of the same"? It's idiotic.

I forgot my ultimate point.

Fix the 'blaming' in yourself. Take action however you can instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Start realizing that you (and you and you and me) are part of the problem in some fashion or another and, at the same time, have some small part of the solution.
edit on 22-10-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've noticed it for a while.

And the answer is a government with much less power. When people and groups can't us it like a cudgel against those who don't think or live like they do, they would be far less point to it all. But right now, it makes them feel needed and powerful so they benefit.

That is absolutely NOT true. Less government IS NOT THE ANSWER. Government is the only force strong enough to break up the cartels and monopolies and restore free and fair markets in this country. Here is an excerpt from 1936 speech given by FDR at the Democrat national convention:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government!

If you think the CEOs and the corporations are going to be nicer to workers with less government you are COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL.

This is what you are going to get. This is what they do. It's like something out of the movie Hunger Games:

After Rockefeller's death troops killed two woman and 11 children with machine guns things finally changed. You keep getting rid of government and the corporations are going to return to forced labor camps. We already have too much prison labor in privately owned corporate prisons in this country.

The CEOs are corporations are out of control. Prices of goods and services keep going up. Wages are practically stagnant. And the lobbyists OWN the politicians and write all our domestic laws.

edit on 22-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015 The republican and democratic party do not exist to serve the people, the community, or the nation.
They only exist to serve their owners, to make them rich beyond the dreams of Midas and all for the cost of ink, paper, and the right bribe to the right official...

"social engineering".

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Catscratch

good lord. it's been a while since I've crossed anyone quite so full of themselves. I bet you're a joy to be around.

4chan pol gets it

I think you'd fit in better there. Don't let the door hit you ...

And no. Your highly racist mentality did not escape me. Please. Go back to the white supremacy boards....

edit on 10/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: dfnj2015 The republican and democratic party do not exist to serve the people, the community, or the nation.
They only exist to serve their owners, to make them rich beyond the dreams of Midas and all for the cost of ink, paper, and the right bribe to the right official...

I totally agree. Anyone who thinks Republican politicians are better then the Democrats is being delusional.

However, since I lean to the left I vote for candidates the more represent my views. I preferred Bernie Sanders over Hillary but the red-state voters asserted their power over blue states. This country seems hell-bent on moving further to the right at all costs. Maybe its time to have a right wing military style authoritarian dictatorship. People love the military. People hate Congress. The people in this country love to worship authority. It's our country's national religion.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm think I'm going to start considering taking up the cause for "chemtrails". We have dumbed down. Fought many wars to maintain our freedom, and now people want to be told what to believe, not to believe, and " believe my lies because I said so and you absolutely love me." They can be told what to think, and consequently be relieved of the (difficult) task of thinking.

edit on 10/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Catscratch

Great post. Where the truth lies may be need more investigation. But I am very deep troubled how the CFR defines foreign policy in this country. Bush, Obama, and now Trump ALL have the exact same foreign policy. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. 28,000 in 2016. And 2017 will be a new record. I'm really tired of my tax dollars helping Israel with their genocide of the Arab people. I want no part of it!

Just listen to this interview:

I had a thread on this video but the ATS mods deleted. I don't know why. I guess it's too controversial.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015slow gradual process designed to take over your freedom right before your eyes. Way too many people are blind and dont really care whats really; going on.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Fix the 'blaming' in yourself. Take action however you can instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Start realizing that you (and you and you and me) are part of the problem in some fashion or another and, at the same time, have some small part of the solution.

What part of my answer was over your head?

The problem is that people "take action" as you put it and use the government as a cudgel to compel others to think, feel, live, do, etc., as they prefer them to instead of allowing them to go their own way in life.

Were I to "take action" and move to use the government, how would I not become another part of the current problem? At what point would I cease to be just another person seeking to use the power of government as a cudgel to compel others to do as I would prefer them to.

Be honest now, if I ever were able to mobilize enough people to take that sort of power, how would you feel? I think you know my opinions on things well enough by now to get a general gist of what would happen were I anointed god-queen of the US.

Imagine being compelled to live your life exactly the way I think people ought to live. Then tell me how much you want me involved in taking power in this country.

The only reason you dare to suggest it is because you don't believe I or others like me have any shot.

However, imagine a government that concerned itself less with everyone. That only took care of making sure we didn't kill each other, steal from other, and defended our borders ... basically the things spelled out specifically in the COTUS, not the sugar daddy, bestower of special dispensation it has become. Maybe then it would matter a lot less to everyone just exactly who was in charge of what and what @sshole every had.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Whee are you getting that number? I thought it was more like 20%
federal-budget.insidegov.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I too have been thinking about this. I look at it this way...

Water boils at 212F at one atmosphere of pressure. If you add pressure, gases can not form bubbles and escape, even if the temperature goes higher until it reaches a point where the pressure is insufficient to stop it from boiling. Each time it boils you can add pressure and keep it in a liquid state.

I have thought many times that we have reached the boiling point with these manufactured social issues. Each time the water begins to boil TPTB just put more-pressure on us and the water stops boiling. But the temp continues to increase and again the water starts to boil. Instead of lowering the heat TPTB just add more pressure. Eventually the vessel will break. Instead of spraying some hot water around, the super-heated water will flash to super-heated steam devastating everything within the blast radius.

They light the fuse - we are the explosives.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I like your analogy, but I think as a people, surely, we will get this under control before it goes too far. We can only follow the Pied Piper for so long. We know the result of that and surely won't fall for it to the point of devastation.
I'm going to be optimistic.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

People need to remain vigilant that their concerns and values are heard and, if not completely represented, at least addressed; at the same time, lawmakers need listen to, and attempt to address, what their constituents' concerns are.

This goes for everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
its been going on as long as i can remember, whats new is that a vast majority of people are starting to finally catch on. theres been a shift even on this website where im seeing more and more people making posts identifying this as the problem which is major progress imo. ultimately i think if the powers that be continue down this road both parties are going to ultimately burn their bridges with the public cause the public is catching on.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

EXCELLENT post 3NL1GHT3N3D!!!!!

It's been going on for far more than the last century, in the United States.

It's been going on for a millennia and beyond, on earth. Rome had their "Bread and Circuses" and so do we. Divide and Conquer has been going on for as long as there have been human societies or even tribes.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I've been preaching this for years on my FB page, but I don't think anyone is listening. Their ego's won't let them hear anything than their own opinions. Opinions which ironically, belong to the ones who brainwashed them to be extremists in the first place....The Globalists.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I've been preaching this for years on my FB page, but I don't think anyone is listening. Their ego's won't let them hear anything than their own opinions. Opinions which ironically, belong to the ones who brainwashed them to be extremists in the first place....The Globalists.

The worst is when you are discussing an issue with someone and you have a true compromise that would allow both sides to mainly get what they want without forcing anyone to lose much of anything, and that person you are discussing it with briefly sees what you are saying, admits it, and then says ... but that means everyone wins and no one loses ... and immediately falls right back into his old entrenched mindset of my way or the highway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join