It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS long overdue for YouTube alternatives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As if Google (partnered with NSA CIA NASA etc) owning Youtube, and it absolutely dominating the streaming video marketshare wasn't bad enough, now we have all this censorship en masse. Do I really need to link the articles? It's beyond absurd at this point, basically if you have any critcisms of liberals, Democrats, SJW's, BLM, Hollyweird, WAR and so on you face everything from a laundry list of containment & demonetization moves including outright having your channel banned. This is free speech backwardsness at its finest, not exactly "denying ignorance" unless we're to assume that means 'deny your own ignorance'. Then there's the angle where increasingly half the kind of stuff people in this site are into posting, having the place littlered with old threads loaded with dead youtube player embeds.

I cant imagine all the big services dont have a dev page to explain what you need to do to integrate. I dont even care if there's fancy buttons int he panel, just having the bbcode option under the surface period would suffice. Anything besides total devotion to this monopolistic tryannical corporate fascist censorship machination, please!!

Here's some I highly recommend...

DTube, this is a new up and comer youtube clone. It feature the new IPFS protocol:
dtube.video...

Vimeo, been around, perhaps the finest quality player out there:
vimeo.com...

Archive.org, essentially contains the film archives of the Library of Congress, people upload their own content, not to mention other vast exclusive resources such as the 9/11 news broadcast archive:
archive.org...

Then there's others like Live Leak, Dailymmotion, and so on.

I know first hand I have multiple films I've never been able to embed here because GooTube's AI auto-censors half my stuff. And what I have coming soon, it'd be a crying shame if I cant even embed the thing herein. Cmon guys all this time and it's still only 'the Standard Oil' of streaming' being propped up supreme like any other old mainstream scene. We're supposed to be Above Top Secret, but this situation is the opposite.

edit on 18-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don't think it's so much ATS... but the membership that prefers and refers always to Y. T.

It's good you've provided alternatives. It's like ole MYSPACE used to be.. until MyLife and FAKEBOOK came along...

Don't know WHY YouTube seems the only go to?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I agree 100%

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If its the ONLY option then inherently it'll be the 'only place to go'. When 'all the sites' only offer Youtube capability well its pretty easy to guess where their regulars will end up browsing for stuff, will jump to when compelled to grab a clip for a discussion, etc.

Time for people to start breaking these kinds of molds otherwise we're all a bunch of chumps in this nation.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Then there's the angle where increasingly half the kind of stuff people in this site are into posting, having the place littlered with old threads loaded with dead youtube player embeds.

Censorship is across the board. ATS Fukushima Meltdown thread content is gone missing, in its entirety.

What did we expect, the MSM wouldn't get a handle on the free flow of two way discourse?

The more we replay and embed info the more likely it will be nixed.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am not sure why anyone would use videos as evidence of anything other than visual phenomenon. Why should I sit and watch a video of someone talking about a paper, memo, news story or what ever.

Give me a link to the paper. Point me to the news story, I am more than capable of reading it myself and forming my own opinion, thanks.

Videos are a crutch that are used to lead the easily convinced down a dead end side street. I can find my own way.

That being said, if video evidence is required, any reputable source should be allowed. However, I don't see the difference between a link to a video and embedding it into a post.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Time for people to start breaking these kinds of molds otherwise we're all a bunch of chumps in this nation.

Thank you. I hate to have to use Google, Facebook, or YouTube.

The easiest way to fix this enslavement is to stop supporting the machine.

I have already given up flying unless it is an extreme necessity, and I will not fly to any State within the United States that requires a passport to cross. It may take a bit more time and may be inconvenient, but if enough of us stop flying, the airline industry will be more receptive to our concerns, and will not be so accepting of this infringement of our liberties.

We get the services we support. If we stop using these services, they will either bend to our will or they will fold. We have to learn to fight with our dollars.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And when you all turn on the new alternative, for some dumb culty reason, what will be the new new alternative?

You should probably plan it out.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You go to a few other boards and click a video ICON... A drop down menu appears with many of those sources you listed.... you paste the source and the video is posted.....SIMPLE...

I have thought more than once ATS should have a forum where members could post their videos in sub forums in the video section. We would gain membership and possible advertising revenue.. There are certainly youtube video poster people who have had enough of youtube with their stupidity and demonetizing subject matter that does not go along with Google's propaganda scheme. They post teasers on youtube but direct those who want to know more to their own web sights for the full video... I guess that is one way, No ?

One thing about Youtube you can learn everything about guns to grub worms and just about everything else in between.. Great detailed language courses and instructional videos on how to do just about anything else you can think of..

It is a shame propaganda is being pushed by taking over by the purse string...subtle but still in the face of those who post and do the investigating or teaching

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Yeah. because brand loyalty to the 'Robberbarrons of the 21st Century' isn't cultish in the slightest.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Jefferton

Yeah. because brand loyalty to the 'Robberbarrons of the 21st Century' isn't cultish in the slightest.

I'm just saying. Plan ahead.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

People are lazy; or they just have an aversion to clicking 'out' of their environment. Embed a video there's a half way decent chance they'll play it. Post a link to a video and watch the thread be a complete waste of time.

Besides there's more to life than 'police reports and crisp ziplock bags of Evidence'.

And even with evidence, in the study of propaganda for example you cant very well see what 'whoever' was doing in a specimen clip. A lot of the time the video is the evidence.

Then there's a 'a picture is worth 1000 words'. So how many words is a minute of video worth then??

You make it sound like they might as well just disable all video, but to me 'television' is humanity's one true universal language.
edit on 18-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
I am not sure why anyone would use videos as evidence of anything other than visual phenomenon. Why should I sit and watch a video of someone talking about a paper, memo, news story or what ever.

Give me a link to the paper. Point me to the news story, I am more than capable of reading it myself and forming my own opinion, thanks.

Videos are a crutch that are used to lead the easily convinced down a dead end side street. I can find my own way.

That being said, if video evidence is required, any reputable source should be allowed. However, I don't see the difference between a link to a video and embedding it into a post.

I wish I could give applause.That right there would receive my first.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yep...spot on. But, we still get those "green" new members who show us a ThirdPhaseofTheMoon youtube vid becasue they dont know different...and post a "legit" video we have know for a long time was fake or staged. Always going to yt...'cause thats all they know.

I dont think they know the meaning of "user generated content" associated with yt as an only source either.....Thanks for bringing this up! I dont give stars n flags, but here's a

edit on 18-10-2017 by mysterioustranger because: too sleepy

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'd love to see a LiveLeak bbcode... Some gems on that site occasionally.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I love when topics like these the staff never seem to anymore chime in with even a blurb about any of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Truth.
You should be able to put whichever video link in and it throws up the video if allowed and decent..
edit on 23 10 2017 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Truth.
You should be able to put whichever video link in and it throws up the video if allowed and decent..

I dunno if thats been done up with bbcode yet. Have you seen it in other forums? I dont get out much.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So, please explain to me how you somehow can't get your dose of alt-right amusement from YouTube these days?

I can find all kinds of pretty racist, anti-immigrant, Muslim-hating videos on Youtube?

There's all kinds of ridiculous gun videos as well, wherein men who feel insecure with their...well, anyway pretend to be big bad dudes with their phallic gun collections.

YouTube has it all, content for the closeted dog-whistling racist, alternative "medicine" cures the FDA doesn't want you know using oranges and even trailer park "life hacks".

I guess I'm missing something here...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I could spend hours compiling all the articles about their AI censorship machinations, people being affected by it, and so on.

But I really cant help but ask, when did rabidly defending multinational monopoolistic corporations become a Democrat / "liberal" thing?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join