It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grief and the afterlife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

You are a sweetheart for sharing with me.
Funny how the love for our own, is still so alive
It can create a bond between two people
Who don't know each other, save a membership
At this wonderful place. Lol
edit on Rpm102017v58201700000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Membership saved..

Now that we have all kinda gotten to know each others backstories, I'm really curious to know what your experiences have been in terms of dreams, contacts...."miracles" ? I also am curious about whether or not it caused a shift in your "Faith" and the fabric of reality ?! lol.....www.abovetopsecret.com... this has been a thread I've been participating in that has had me jumping down a rabbit hole in some profound ways! It's either really interesting stuff or absolutely CRAZY, I don't know anymore ? Take a look, what do guys think?

The most tangible, or "REAL" experience I've had was when my closed, turned off laptop suddenly started playing music, at first I had no idea where the music was coming from, I was in our room with the TV on ( btw, the TV show that was about to come on was one we watched together, and I was definitely feeling sad he wasn't there to watch it with me and wondered if he would be able to see the ending ) anyways I get up and start trying to figure out where the music is coming from....I can't find it, so I walk back in our room and discover the music is coming from my computer !! My heart just about stopped, I was scared, happy, I don't know, at this point I still haven't even thought about what song is playing, and I open the computer, I now recognize that it is a Led Zepplin song, but to this day I can't tell you which one, it was the ending of the song and then it was over,,,, I KNOW it was him, if ever anyone could figure out how to send a message it would be him, and I also read that recently departed souls can use an electronic field of some sort, he was an electrician, as well as musician, and we both liked Led Zepplin.....

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I was more active here a few years ago but now just visit infrequently now that I moved and no longer have to struggle to make sense of weird scary paranormal stuff around the house or weird sky sounds and all the usual odd things we share on ATS. But I remember most of the people and names here, including yours, Randyvs, and it pains me to hear of your loss, as well as the other losses shared here.

I believe your dream connection is genuine, because I've experienced similar contact in dreams and once during prayer. When I was young I struggled to believe in God and an afterlife, but after the loss of so many loved people and pets, as a middle aged woman I no longer struggle with belief. I have the peace of knowing there is something wonderful beyond this life.

The losses are hard to bear, but with each one I gain an advocate and a bit of myself in "Heaven" since each loved one takes a piece of me with them there when they go. So as time goes by, I gain a better sense of connectedness to my departed loved ones but also to every living thing on this planet. I feel and sense things I never could before. I have become a better, kinder, more compassionate and productive person as a result.

It started off as a way to honor my loved ones, then evolved a bit to the somewhat self centered desire to ensure I would be worthy to end up where they are. But now it's genuinely because I feel the connection to life and honor that more instinctively. I don't any longer kill a spider just because I can and because I'm afraid of it. In fact, I have lost most of my fear and now empathize with how terrified the spiders often are of me!

As the grief continues to be worked through and worked past, the love and blessings will flow more freely to you from those you love, all of them, who have passed. You will look around and see more synchronicities during your waking hours that are also little signs and messages that you are loved and watched over.

Peace and blessings and comfort to you all. I can not imagine the pain of losing one's true love and soul mate. Everyone on this thread has demonstrated tremendous strength and compassion.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

May you carry onwards, to promote your love for her through your actions of today and many tomorrows.

I don't believe in a total end, nature doesn't handle things like that, we are all part of the ever turning wheel of life.

Feel them and know, they feel and know you as well, our reality is yet but all we know, however, experiences in general don't lead one to believe there is just one, but more than our earth bound minds tend to comprehend.

The Micro and the Macro, just facets of a multisided reality that we all exist in.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Reading your post jarred my memory. My wifes daughter Samantha had almost the exact samething happen to her. This is unbelievable ! Shocking even !
The song they shared was "My girl" and shortly after my baby took flight. With people gathered at her in laws. With people around and her phone on the table. She said it just lit up out of know where playing thier song. I'm freak'n peppered with goose pimples right now. And to think I just blew her
Off in the moment but others were backing her
Every word. So hell yes my belief in that happeng?
A big 180. You two should talk and she is going to
Read your post. That is just wierd. God in Heaven
I miss her.
edit on Rpm102117v11201700000004 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If, Lookingforabetterlife has not read this thread I'm sure the two of you have a lot to share and I would encourage you to speak with him. You two have a great deal to share.

As for me? My husband 'died' over 20 years ago.

I would have slapped the face of anyone who'd have told me 'it gets better with time' - back then.

Now? I wouldn't.

But I'll not burden you with those words.

prayers for your peace
edit on 4626Saturday201713 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well, that is pretty awesome ! Hi Samantha, I'm sorry about the loss of your Mom, I'm sure she wouldn't have left you guys on Earth if she could have prevented it. I guess that's where Faith comes in, keep believing in Miracle's even when your Faith is shaken to the core, it's heartwarming your Mom sent a song to "Her Girl".

Randy don't feel bad you didn't recognize it at the time, lol, as I told you guys I don't even know what song Mathias sent because I was too busy trying to find a logical answer where none exist that I understand yet.....

Big Hugs to you all.....

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Linda Lou Shores
Aug 21 1965/July 13 2017

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First of all, I'm sorry for the loss of your wife. You obviously loved her very much.
This thread and your post comes at such an odd time for me. I woke up this morning having dreamed that my sister who passed away 3 yrs. ago came to me last night and was conversing with me about the afterlife and such.

When I woke up, I was asking myself if this was just a dream or is it possible she actually visited me? I even recall during the dream/visit that I asked her to also provide me with a sign today that what happened was real.

I literally was just up a few minutes and drinking my coffee when I stumbled across your thread. Bear in mind I'm usually only casually perusing the topics on the main page.

So what do you think? Coincidence? Or is this the sign I asked for?

Boy I miss my sister and she was far too young and beautiful to die...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Almost 6 mos since my wife past and I know I' will miss her
everyday I have left. Coincidence? Isn't that where you
go to school in Liberty Nebraska. Win a vacation to Paris France
and just happen to run in to someone from your school? Big
difference between coincidence and synchronicity. And it
sounds way more like synchronicity for sure.
I am of course extremely happy to read your reply. The thread is
here to offer comfort. If you found that here my wife and I
are both honored.
edit on Rpm120617v31201700000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I swear I used to get visits from my childhood dog, but not so much lately.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Thats certainly one I haven't heard ever.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is hard Randy.....but it's Christmas and people need us to be ok.......Merry Christmas and God Bless our Angel's ...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The time is going by so fast. I'd be lying if I
made like being without her wasn't killing me.
But the rushing of time is truly a comfort.

And yes sweetheart of course God bless our angels
edit on Ram50118v58201800000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don’t want to come across as non feeling but death is part of this process. Sounds like she had much love! I’m sure she’s in a better place and, NO PAIN!
God bless you!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

May the Force guide her in the afterlife.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

You're just being real nothing wrong with that.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
right now she's in paradise in Heaven......i hear it's like a country club from others.....

and my dream, one time. it was nice i remember and always will.....the swimming pool was out of this world white resin and uncut gemstones of every color embedded.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The time is going by so fast. I'd be lying if I
made like being without her wasn't killing me.
But the rushing of time is truly a comfort.

And yes sweetheart of course God bless our angels

you'll be together really quickly now.....and you will know and recognise each other ofcourse.....and have a special glory for eternity.....a Biblical mystery but written

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I can imagine it takes a real toll, mentally, physically and emotionally. Take care of yourself

<< 1  2    4 >>

join