It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus just changed the global aircraft market

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Airbus just hit the commercial aircraft market with a game changing deal as big as the Boeing and McDonnell-Douglas merger in the 1990s was. Under the deal, Airbus acquires 50.01% of the CSeries Aircraft Limited Partnership. This will eventually give them control of the CSeries aircraft.

The headquarters of CSALP will remain in Quebec, with the primary FAL, but a secondary FAL will be stood up at the Airbus factory in Mobile. This deal just hammered Boeing, because it allows Airbus to be a one stop shop for all classes of aircraft. Meanwhile, most analysts agree that by the time Boeing rolls out their NMA, it's going to be too little, too late.

airwaysmag.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The question is, when should I buy some stock

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Danggitt, pizzis me off....I'm hugely Boeing or I ain't going

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Now. This is the biggest aviation related deal in 20 years. This gets the CSeries around any possible tariff situation, and opens up the global market for it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

The question is, when should I buy some stock

Weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
good i feel like boeing could use the competition

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Like a week ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

This just blew Boeing out of the water. Airbus is already hugely outselling the 737 Max, in every sense of the word. Now they have access to the 70 seat turboprop, 100-130 seat mid-range, and their own markets. Boeing doesn't have anything below about 140-150 seats, and offered Delta refurbished Embraer aircraft for the deal that saw them buy the CSeries.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So........

Cant they just design a new model to handle the issue?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

By the time they even get one on the drawing board, Airbus will have had years to meet the already existing requirements. By the time it actually enters service, that will be into decades.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No, this is bad.....for Seattle.....for the American way....that tariff was a little steep.....it's like checkmate

edit on 16-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well that was their bad for not already having one then.

I mean they can make ultra super mega jumbo planes, and I'd imagine they have what stealth bombers and fancy drones, if this niche here mattered that much to them it just seems they'd already be filling the niche.

I get that Airbus has gained and 'total aeronautical industry' edge having some Mini Cooper model planes in their catalog now, but it just doesnt seem they actually cared about that niche.

Or if they did then they must be morons too.
edit on 16-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
But the Russians ....

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Boeing has relied on the 737 family for their short and short-medium market. They've stretched it to the point that it's almost impossible to stretch it anymore. It's the current holder of the most produced commercial aircraft ever.

The problem is that it doesn't make sense for some markets, despite them trying to make it fit.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Russia already failed to break into the international market with the SuperJet. As much as Russia and China want to break into the international market it's not going to happen any time soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Boeing are being out-played. While they are focussing on legal "war" with the competition, the competition are just getting on with it. Boeing needs to take a hard look in the mirror and then re-engage.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
see that...! the picture of the russians rollin a widebody out , but there's a 70 year old shop in the shot.....Paine Field it's all big-time like. American way

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is exciting news for Bombardier as well, at least in the short term. Speculating how everything will pan out if and when Airbus completely buys out the Cseries. At that point do they also acquire all of bombardier aerospace, the whole commercial division, or just the Cseries line? Reading this news I can’t help but wonder, since the A318 does not have a NEO option, will it be phased out with the CS300 entering the field? On that same ticket would it be cost effective for airbus to fund certification of a CS500 if sales exceed expectations? After spending the last 4 years working with the aircraft during the flight test program, I’m glad it will finally get the chance it deserved on the global stage. Boeing really seems to have shot themselves in the foot here... their claims were about as hypocritical as a career bank robber saying “Don’t rob banks it’s not fair!”

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Russia already failed to break into the international market with the SuperJet. As much as Russia and China want to break into the international market it's not going to happen any time soon.

That is because none of the other countries understand Chinese language. Buying from China you have to know Chinese, then you have to know their programs. The International language is English mostly. Russia though, no one really trust them as much since Soviet Union. I can see Europeans countries are already failing apart since US has the air market on hold. France, Brits, etc doesn't even have a 5th gen yet.
edit on 17-10-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

None of the other countries have bought Chinese aircraft because China currently has exactly one commercial aircraft in flight testing, and it's made something like three flights.

The US has the air market on hold? Seriously? The whole point of this thread is thar Airbus, a European company that was already beating Boeing, and holding on to a decent chunk of commercial aircraft production, just basically yanked the market out of Boeing's hands, and is about to take a dominant stake in the industry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join