It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airbus just changed the global aircraft market

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Even as stupid as United is I'll be surprised if it does. No, not surprised, disgusted. But, like I said, Boeing has lost the plot so badly it's not funny, so they'll probably do it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Airbus is having some internal issues. it will not effect this deal mind you

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Interesting that it also said the MOM announcement would be next year and not this year.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Like I said, they've lost the plot. They're basically going forward with it because there was so much pressure from the airlines. If there hadn't been they might have gone forward in 5-6 years.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Riddle me this: if Boeing is still passing around warmed-over 737's, what is stopping them from doing the same with 757's? If they need something, take the old model, do some surgery on wings and new engines and sell it cheap?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The fact that they haven't produced a 757 since 2004.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The idiots in Seattle are going to do it. They're fast tracking a study if they and their supply chain can double production to 4 a month from January 2020 to January 2021.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Well, if they do, and United is the customer, which seems likely, I hope at least we get the Zodiac seats.

That's if Zodiac gets its supply act together.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If I were the Air Force, I'd tell them that there will be penalties for any delay of KC-46 deliveries if they do it. They've already screwed that program into the ground.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Boeing is like the honey badger, it just don't care.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I just really don't get how they could completely screw proven technology like the boom so completely into the ground that it gets a Level One deficiency report.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Boeing responds regarding re-opening the 767 PAX line. Basically says nothing but keep open that would look at it. Richard Aboulafia who is an aviation/financial analyst sees a market for this if they are discounted enough

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

They need to do something to stop the bleeding. They just took another $329M to the tanker program, and have basically admitted that they're going to miss their delivery mark of this year.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They need to do something to stop the bleeding. They just took another $329M to the tanker program, and have basically admitted that they're going to miss their delivery mark of this year.

Yeah that was pretty brutal. They also are taking minimal profits on the 787 and based on projections the breakeven point has moved beyond the backlog.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No matter how they slice it, I don't think bringing the 767 back as is will help that much. As an neo maybe, but sooner or later oil is going to bounce and a lot of people are going to look at the operating cost of those 767s they have on order, compared to other options, and go "no thanks".

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I agree with you there. Oil will not stay this cheap and when it spikes back up over 100 a barrel the Mojave is gonna fill up quick.

Both companies are in trouble long term anyway. Alot of the rosy projections were based on the ME carriers continuing to expand AND keep its fleet young.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

More news about the potential United 767 order.

The Wall Street Journal has a more extensive article but they are a pay site.

edit on 5-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

More news about the potential United 767 order.

The Wall Street Journal has a more extensive article but they are a pay site.

This is on the heels of there recent expansion at LAX which most think will lose them alot of money over the long haul. Coupled with their interest in this plane really casts doubt on their long term plans finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
This is on the heels of there recent expansion at LAX which most think will lose them alot of money over the long haul. Coupled with their interest in this plane really casts doubt on their long term plans finance.yahoo.com...

The rumor, and it is only rumor, is that United would also like to get back into the JFK market, which ties into LAX-NYC routes, by acquiring JetBlue.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

United doesn't make long term plans. They just make it up as they go.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join