It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Massacre - FBI wipes clean laptops and mobile phones of witnesses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There is usually prior art so you can't claim ownership.
Las Vegas massacre evidence?
Nevermore!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Most persons have automatic back-ups daily.

Only unless it's cloud, and that's not all the data.

If not, they can rely on the recipients conversations...plus the recipients forwarding of such conversations...text, social media, email etc. etc.

The point is not with whom you share it, but the data itself.

The information just not vanish because a phone is supposidly wiped.

No, but it's more difficult to recover (by the common user) unless it has been backed up or shared.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I wonder, is it possible that people had things on their devices that needed protecting because the investigation is ongoing or they had gory video's and perhaps it had to do with protecting the loved ones of the victims from online doxxing and having to see things like that? Could be.

Prisonplanet clickbait.

Naw , couldn't be. Makes too much sense and it would not fit the narrative of prisonplanet and Alex Jones

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Vendors and businessmen laptops were doxxed? I don't think their data details will be offensive to victims!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm not from the United States. What I don't understand is you let your government confuse you so much that you don't know what to do. You just listen, follow and state your opinions as they form on the internet instead of demanding the truth out in the streets/openly.

I gather that this is what they wanted all along. Everybody is on their computer, phone or workplace talking about this but never ever do you do anything about it and furthermore every rally/protest seems to me to be paid for. In extent it seems to me that whenever people seem to be doing something it appears to be that people are paid to do what they do through some hiring site etc.

This to me seems troublesome. I understand you are all very busy and are kept that way. You have family, work (to much) and spare your free time as you seem fit.

However, I hope you do something more about this because this whole thing seems like a shenanigan to me (not to disrespect the victims, their family, close ones or you) the way it is presented through the government, the PD's and the news. It truly dreads me to sorrow to see how this thing seems like a circus the way it is presented in it's completeness.

I truly hope it fully resolves and the truth gets out.

Bless you all.
edit on 12/10/17 by Sump3 because: Grammar

ETA---

To be on topic I will add that it would be a ludicrous act of the FBI to do such a thing. To protect who?
Julian Assange stated earlier that the FBI are behind this. I think that the FBI are a front to be "blamed/framed" for it and hence nothing would be done about it.

It goes much deeper. "Security" and all that stuff. More cops where most cops are, more cameras where most cameras are and you know what I mean.
edit on 12/10/17 by Sump3 because: ETA - To be on topic.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Wow! Paranoid much!

Do you personally think it's a good idea to release gore just so voyeurs can get their jollies and the doxxers can use them in their witch hunts?

I think you are reading way to much into this. It's normal to not release information in an ongoing investigation and sick to want the gore released, just so people can see it and loved ones be damned.

What's this got to do with gun control exactly? You seem to be conflating issues wrongly.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

Don't judge based on the madness on social media, which is mostly garbage. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and what you see online is not reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
I'm not from the United States. What I don't understand is you let your government confuse you so much that you don't know what to do. You just listen, follow and state your opinions as they form on the internet instead of demanding the truth out in the streets/openly.

Demanding things "on the streets" is less effective and actually can actually destroy your life completely.
I don't think you're appreciating just how tyrannical our government truly is and how they don't really care what the law says at the end of the day and just do whatever they please. Going out and picking a fight with the local tyrants openly is a very bad idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

If anything happens in public, it's fair game for photography or videotaping. And even with your terrible excuse, text messages should not be touched at all.

If you willingly gave up your device then your S.O.L.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I believe it's got to do with gun control (lose your defence right, the government runs over you), law enforcement rigidness/tight grouping on already clustered areas and camera/cctv enforcement via london.

If you want that, be as it may to you. I sure as hell don't want computer algorithms to inform "authorities" of what I am at all times, even though I say myself I am a pleasent okay person who's got basically nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow! Paranoid much!

Do you personally think it's a good idea to release gore just so voyeurs can get their jollies and the doxxers can use them in their witch hunts?

I think you are reading way to much into this. It's normal to not release information in an ongoing investigation and sick to want the gore released, just so people can see it and loved ones be damned.

What's this got to do with gun control exactly? You seem to be conflating issues wrongly.

Paranoia :
suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.
delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system.

So no, not Paranoia.
My suspicions and mistrust are justified by evidence, and any perceived persecutions are legitimate, any jealousy is warranted, and any self-importance is tempered and balanced.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Why should a person have to not disclose the data (video,etc) that they captured.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If anything happens in public, it's fair game for photography or videotaping. And even with your terrible excuse, text messages should not be touched at all.

If you willingly gave up your device then your S.O.L.

You can still sue them.

link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
I got no further than the first two posts. It may be true but FFS!!! what about Google Drive which backs up photos practically instantly. Did people hand over laptops without making a backup first for no other reason that an idiot could f... it up.

Sorry but I smell BS and I live thousands of miles away.......

If the phone is sync'd with Google Drive, deleting the pictures from one should delete them from the other. I know my Microsoft OneDrive has a way to recover deleted files, I would thing Google Drive would too, perhaps if some of these people figure out to try something like that, a smoking gun may be retrieved.

It sounds like the devices were meticulously looked through and scrubbed rather than a complete wipe if I am understanding the storyline correctly. If so, maybe something got overlooked, too.

Probably wishful thinking. I can't imagine Google being a beacon of transparency anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: CynConcepts

Why should a person have to not disclose the data (video,etc) that they captured.

Because we have laws and a Constitution.

If you refuse to hand over things, the government has to get a warrant to obtain said items. And those warrants are controlled by laws in terms of what they can look for, why they need it, etc.

The primary reason the Revolution happened was because the British were conducting unreasonable searches and seizures of property without any legitimacy (ie general warrants, etc).

With a warrant I am entitled to know who is issuing it and who is signing it, therefore if they are playing games and violating my rights I can sue them in court for reparations.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I truly understand, but something must be done, else nothing can be done.

Everything is in these quantum bit computers these days and they are keeping track back/now/forward just like the commands on our remotes we know and they basically know everything about us. They even signal things these agencies some keywords they want to know as we type.

But what I mean is, what if 70million people aged 18-50ish marched through the country and just did nothing, basically nothing. No work, no hassle, no phone, no computer, no TV, no nothing but stand/sit and talk amongst themselves and demand that it be put down? Wouldn't those ordinary/unordinary people working for these agencies(even the military) ask themselves, just ask themselves at leas what they are doing?
edit on 12/10/17 by Sump3 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Granted, I'm not there. Still, it's so absurd/acidic to me that I don't know what to make of it. It fries my brain to think of being over there.

And I understand it's an ongoin investigation. I stated in my first post (not directed at you) that I wished everything would be disclosed in truth to the truth in full. I really hope so for everyone.

Bless you.
edit on 12/10/17 by Sump3 because: For clarification

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's basically an unspoken rule of all free peoples everywhere :
Do Not Trust Government.

People like to think there are 3 branches of government but in reality there are 4.
Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and We the People.

It's your Duty to mistrust the other 3 branches and hold their feet to the fire.
You are the final Check and Balance of the Equation of Power.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not hand it over. But be able to show it to the public.

In response to this

Yeah, I can understand them not wanting some info to be released too early...just simply make folks sign disclosure warnings then! Sheesh. Not sure proof, but at least then they could decry a mistrial or go after the early leaker.

it's not theirs to destroy either.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Wow! Paranoid much!

Paranoia :
suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.
delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system.

So no, not Paranoia.
My suspicions and mistrust are justified by evidence, and any perceived persecutions are legitimate, any jealousy is warranted, and any self-importance is tempered and balanced.

Demanding things "on the streets" is less effective and actually can actually destroy your life completely. I don't think you're appreciating just how tyrannical our government truly is and how they don't really care what the law says at the end of the day and just do whatever they please. Going out and picking a fight with the local tyrants openly is a very bad idea.

Didn't you just say that was a bad thing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join