It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Massacre - FBI wipes clean laptops and mobile phones of witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

This really does seem strange. Though this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Something similar happened with Steve Jackson games in the distant past

www.sjgames.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Oct 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

From your link

Workers at the Route 91 festival during which Stephen Paddock unleashed his massacre have reportedly been given back their phones and laptops by the FBI only to discover that all messages and videos from the night of the attack have been wiped clean.

According to a Las Vegas resident who posted a status update on Facebook, “A bunch of people that worked the Route 91 said they got their cell phones back today. They all said that all their phones are completely wiped clean! All messages and info from that weekend are completely gone. Anyone else experience this?”

“A few different people who were vendors there are all saying the same thing,” the woman later comments.

Well that would prevent some of the multiple shooter talk, for if no video it didn't happen !

Everything about LV shooting is weird... I wish I could trust some government agencies more..

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
All the more reason I would never give up my phones to any authoritative figure in such a situation. I would deny I have one. At least until I've already uploaded everything to liveleak and every source I could think of!

My property, none of their concern. They'll have to back door it like they do with everything else. If they want it, that's how they'll have to get it.

Imagine all of the information they managed to keep from the public eye that way... So sad!

edit on 12-10-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Not saying it didn't happen, I don't know. But the source website is pretty sketchy to put it nicely. If I had a dollar for every time they "found" a FEMA internment camp or whatever other bogus "news", I could have paid a secretary to post this for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
www.prisonplanet.com...

This really does seem strange. Though this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Something similar happened with Steve Jackson games in the distant past

www.sjgames.com...

There is weirdness all over the place. Usually I don't go much for what PJW writes, but if the Facebook..whatever stories are correct, it smacks of concealment for some reason or other.
So, the first question I would ask is how long the periods that those laptops/phones were actually in use for say, before and after the Mandalay shooting/s.
Now, I'm pretty sure that there are those working on multi videos that are available and synching them to get a better Idea of the events, and possibly where all the shooting was coming from, so any wiping done from that point of view, would be fairly moot anyway.
So perhaps for some other reason, would be my next thought.....however, PJW just goes for the conspiracy bit alone, which does nothing on it's own.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I agree, always back everything up then give it to the authorities. Though, in these instances with the vendors and businesses...it seems like they did not have time to do so and gave them up in good faith. Sigh.

Time is of an essence in an investigation...I have given up video to local authorities in the past. I happen to have one of my security cameras that provides not only a view of my front property but of a country store across the street. Apparently, my camera gives a better detail than the store cameras. The locals did return the tapes 45 days later. They still were intact, but there was no real conspiracy to do any covering up. Go figure.

Edit add: I realize my story seems like irony. I guess I am just admitting that it is difficult to tell when a case will get big...and I am learning that of late. Many in Las Vegas probably trusted their local LE, then the Feds took over, is my point.
edit on 10 12 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I can't tell from the linked article---does anyone know if these were the "personal items" that were collected from the crime scene, items that were left behind in the panic? Or did the authorities go about just collecting phones and laptops? Any links to info on how the officials got hold of these devices?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

From your link

Workers at the Route 91 festival during which Stephen Paddock unleashed his massacre have reportedly been given back their phones and laptops by the FBI only to discover that all messages and videos from the night of the attack have been wiped clean.

According to a Las Vegas resident who posted a status update on Facebook, “A bunch of people that worked the Route 91 said they got their cell phones back today. They all said that all their phones are completely wiped clean! All messages and info from that weekend are completely gone. Anyone else experience this?”

“A few different people who were vendors there are all saying the same thing,” the woman later comments.

Well that would prevent some of the multiple shooter talk, for if no video it didn't happen !

Everything about LV shooting is weird... I wish I could trust some government agencies more..

It's not weird. It's an absolutely blatantly obvious attempt to destroy facts.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I got no further than the first two posts. It may be true but FFS!!! what about Google Drive which backs up photos practically instantly. Did people hand over laptops without making a backup first for no other reason that an idiot could f... it up.

Sorry but I smell BS and I live thousands of miles away.......

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: 727Sky

From your link

It's not weird. It's an absolutely blatantly obvious attempt to destroy facts.

It sure is, and I don't understand how they are allowed to get away with it. Something serious needs to be done about the criminal cover ups in these alphabet agencies, or it could spark a real revolution further on down the road , at the worst possible time.

FBI is no better than MSM as far as truth, integrity , and fairness.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

I can't tell from the linked article---does anyone know if these were the "personal items" that were collected from the crime scene, items that were left behind in the panic? Or did the authorities go about just collecting phones and laptops? Any links to info on how the officials got hold of these devices?

I believe that it was property that left behind or dropped in the blind panic of trying to get out of there.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Honestly, there should be no reason to wipe it clean! They fortunate enough to get this info and should ONLY copy it themselves. Yeah, I can understand them not wanting some info to be released too early...just simply make folks sign disclosure warnings then! Sheesh. Not sure proof, but at least then they could decry a mistrial or go after the early leaker. Absolutely no reason to wipe stuff clean! It is someone else's property not theirs!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The fact that the person's name is blacked out and there is no link to any facebook account raises red flags to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
I got no further than the first two posts. It may be true but FFS!!! what about Google Drive which backs up photos practically instantly. Did people hand over laptops without making a backup first for no other reason that an idiot could f... it up.

Sorry but I smell BS and I live thousands of miles away.......

If the phone is sync'd with Google Drive, deleting the pictures from one should delete them from the other. I know my Microsoft OneDrive has a way to recover deleted files, I would thing Google Drive would too, perhaps if some of these people figure out to try something like that, a smoking gun may be retrieved.

It sounds like the devices were meticulously looked through and scrubbed rather than a complete wipe if I am understanding the storyline correctly. If so, maybe something got overlooked, too.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder, is it possible that people had things on their devices that needed protecting because the investigation is ongoing or they had gory video's and perhaps it had to do with protecting the loved ones of the victims from online doxxing and having to see things like that? Could be.

Prisonplanet clickbait.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd sue them for destruction of personal property.

All photos or videos or texts made are legitimate intellectual / creative property.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Although I don't personally ever go to Prisonplanet or watch anything by Alex, I don't think your (or other's) personal opinions have any validity here in trumping personal property rights.

If anything happens in public, it's fair game for photography or videotaping.

And even with your terrible excuse, text messages should not be touched at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree, always back everything up then give it to the authorities

Never voluntarily give, even in an instant such as this.

Make them get a warrant.

They will scour your device.

That said, I need more verification that the posted "sources."
edit on 12-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
I wonder, is it possible that people had things on their devices that needed protecting because the investigation is ongoing or they had gory video's and perhaps it had to do with protecting the loved ones of the victims from online doxxing and having to see things like that? Could be.

Prisonplanet clickbait.

Let's think about it even deeper.

I'm suppose to be so concerned and sympathetic to the "victims", that I should allow the government to vote on laws in certain ways precisely because of "this incident" and forfeit certain rights (security related, guns, search and seizure etc), and the government and media can use this as a rallying cry to attack me and my civil rights - yet I'm not allowed to see gory photography of that specific incident and just take the same government and media's word for it?

Yeah right, never gonna happen.
That's tyranny and appears very insidious.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree, always back everything up then give it to the authorities

Never voluntarily give, even in an instant such as this.

Make them get a warrant.

They will scour your device.

Whether true or not...and I too question the source

Most persons have automatic back-ups daily.

If not, they can rely on the recipients conversations...plus the recipients forwarding of such conversations...text, social media, email etc. etc.

The information just not vanish because a phone is supposidly wiped.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join