It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

It's the most efficient way of fixing what is broken: taking advantage of what is already established.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We need space too lol. That's how you know you have a healthy relationship... when you're both comfortable with spaaaaaaaaace.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Huh? All I heard was 'what kind of bread on your sammy?'.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Kali74

Huh? All I heard was 'what kind of bread on your sammy?'.

when you're both comfortable with spaaaaaaaaace.

And a good hard smack now and then.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Its not that this can't happen, or that it's even a big deal generally speaking. It's just that men/boys/guys in general don't always want a female around. Period. Why does that have to be an issue for women? Why can't women respect that? I don't understand...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
pretty sure girls can do this stuff.

Agreed. I never understood why the Girl Scouts didn't do those things to begin with.

Perhaps their efforts would be better served by working to adapt the Girl Scouts to suit the needs of young girls looking for such activities.

As for having to chaperone roughly 30 pubescent boys and 2-5 girls... I'd hate to be the sleepless scoutmaster having to sit outside the girls' tents awake every night in order to prevent the kids from sneaking off to the woods to "play doctor".
edit on 10/12/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

It's not going to be co-ed.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
It's not going to be co-ed.

According to the article your claim isn't quite accurate.

In practice, Cub Scout "dens" — subdivisions of larger groups, called "packs" — will be segregated by gender. Existing packs may choose to establish new, separate packs for girls, opt for a co-ed pack, or remain an all-boy pack.

Furthermore, that only addresses the younger Cub Scouts, and not Boy Scouts who have "troops" instead of "packs".

Monthly weekend camping trips are done with the pack/troop, not by dens alone. Likewise for week long summer camp which also includes many various packs/troops in the same campground. So even if "your" pack/troop isn't co-ed, other packs/troops at summer camp may well be co-ed.

Co-ed certainly seems to be an option.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Separated into girl dens and boy dens. So even if packs are co-ed, the smaller sub-grouping won't be co-ed. At older ages there won't be co-ed packs either.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Habs2133
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Its not that this can't happen, or that it's even a big deal generally speaking. It's just that men/boys/guys in general don't always want a female around. Period. Why does that have to be an issue for women? Why can't women respect that? I don't understand...

Yeah right ... you mean the men who don't want any interference on their sexual manipulations of the boys and young men ? Yep, some of these men most definitely don't want an intuitive, aware group of women and young girls around.

Yet , I do agree that many men and boys just purely want bro time, but they need to consider that the female gender wishes to learn some of what they are learning.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Separated into girl dens and boy dens. So even if packs are co-ed, the smaller sub-grouping won't be co-ed. At older ages there won't be co-ed packs either.

Again, camping trips are not done by dens alone. Camping trips in Cub/Boy Scouts are done with the entire pack/troop.

As for older ages not having co-ed packs, you're kinda right since there are no packs at older ages. Packs are strictly groups of grade-school Cub Scout dens.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
they need to consider that the female gender wishes to learn some of what they are learning.

No one is stopping the Girl Scouts from providing those same lessons.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

they need to consider that the female gender wishes to learn some of what they are learning.

No one is stopping the Girl Scouts from providing those same lessons.

True, and maybe learning them without the distraction of the opposite sex would be better.

Sounds like the scouts and eagles are doing this purely for promotional reasons and revenue.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sounds like the scouts and eagles are doing this purely for promotional reasons and revenue.

The feminist lawsuits over the past decade probably had a lot more to do with it.

Instead of working to reform and modernize the Girl Scouts to meet young girls' needs they opted to continually sue those evil Boy Scouts for being "sexist".

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Give me a break, the Boy scouts want money, that is what this is about. They are the ones that have opened it up to girls, it is not girls that demanded they be admitted.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: fleabit

I'm just saying if there's going to be a systematic assault on maleness well that it the surest way to trigger a battle of the sexes, especially on account the ones starting it wouldnt dare compromise let alone taste their own medicine.

If you seriously feel there is an attack on your "maleness" because of this, really not sure what to tell you. If you want to be a dinosaur.. fine. The rest of the world is going to continue to advance, evolve and grow.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Not like girls would want to join anyway...really, like an elementary school kid is going to be heavily invested in discerning the merits of each "scout" program...

Their friends are going to be in girl scouts so..

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hey, look, college--without the booze.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Have been lurking here for years, and never felt an actual need to post until now. As a spouse of someone who works for the Boy Scouts, I can tell you that this isn't about any gender agenda. This is about parents who don't have any alternative arrangements available for their daughters, for whatever reason, while their sons are participating. For example, a single parent with a son and daughter, who has nowhere else to take the daughter. The Boy Scouts do not want the kids who are brought along to be left sitting on the sidelines watching, while other children get to have fun. It is also about parents being tired of seeing their daughters exploited to sell cookies.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Why on earth is this considered worthy to be considered braking news? I cant see that its even noteworthy enough to put on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join