It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers to describe phenomenon "never witnessed before"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: smurfy
I did hear somewhere that the invisible matter, formerly not seen, and that binds galaxies has been observed in some form or another, maybe someobody can enlarge on that.

If you are talking about this...

ATS Thread: Missing Half of Normal Matter in the Universe Has Been Detected

The discovery being discussed in that thread is missing "Normal Matter", also called Baryonic Matter, and is the stuff we, the Earth, and all of the other matter we can see is made of -- which is not the same thing as dark matter.

Cosmologists think that the universe is made up of 5% to 10% normal/baryonic matter -- but only half of that normal matter has been accounted for. This new study purports to have identified the rest of that missing normal matter.

However, dark matter is still thought to exist, and it is still a mystery as to what it is.

Yes,
That is what I was talking about Baryons and beyond, but thanks for the thread link.

Though the talk is not about, 'dark matter' ....and just to confuse everybody, (including myself) it is about the matter that was missing, not the, 'matter that is missing', which is an alternative term to ''Dark Matter' which may not be the same...is that clear.

Anyway, here's a video from Hairy Mary...the robotic Fairy to explain it all, (sorry it's the only one I found in short measure)

edit on 11-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well its not Hercobus. That comes around every so often

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So in theory of the found the other half of the matter then that would be a great spot to start looking for life.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Well its not Hercobus. That comes around every so often

You mean Hercolubus...the milkman. Your a naughty girl!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well whatever it is, I hope it's in focus and not juddery like every video on YouTube.

My guess is some more planets found around habitable zones of nearby stars. That or something to do with black holes.

Cracking stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well whatever it is, I hope it's in focus and not juddery like every video on YouTube.

My guess is some more planets found around habitable zones of nearby stars. That or something to do with black holes.

Cracking stuff.

It would not surprise me if there are no images at all.

Most astronomical discoveries these days are made by examining data, not optical images of things.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nibiru!!!

/stoic look

/throws onion

/runs

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Nibiru!!!

/stoic look

/throws onion

/runs

Meh...That's been witnessed before. There's an ATS member [won't name names] who has been seeing it persistently at the 2 o'clock position relative to the Sun for several years now.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Terminal1
Nibiru!!!

/stoic look

/throws onion

/runs

Meh...That's been witnessed before. There's an ATS member [won't name names] who has been seeing it persistently at the 2 o'clock position relative to the Sun for several years now.

Now you've done it. We'll have those photos to scroll past again.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They make an announcement regarding an announcement because they know the announcement of the announcement will be far more interesting than the announcement itself.

If it was a big deal, they'd just announce it.

Or bury it deeper than anyone could ever find it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wonder if this phenomena is something that happened billions and billions and billions of years ago?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton telling the truth? a reply to: JimOberg

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
While we wait, pretty neat.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 10/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
They make an announcement regarding an announcement because they know the announcement of the announcement will be far more interesting than the announcement itself.

If it was a big deal, they'd just announce it.

Or bury it deeper than anyone could ever find it.

Though I thank you for saving me the typing? Sadly, I must agree.

I hope we're both wrong this time. I'm up for something unprecedented. It's even a nice word.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Oh, maybe this is just the warm up band?

A nearly 3-mile-wide asteroid makes a (relatively) close call with Earth

A huge asteroid zipped past Earth early Friday, but don't worry, this isn't "Armageddon."

The asteroid, named Florence, is an almost 3-mile-wide rock that passed about 4.4 million miles from Earth (7 million kilometers) early Friday, NASA says. And while a few million miles sounds like a lot of room, it's actually a pretty close pass when you're talking about the vastness of space.

Other asteroids have passed closer to Earth than Florence, but few have been this big.

Woohoo!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: JimOberg

Oh, maybe this is just the warm up band?

A nearly 3-mile-wide asteroid makes a (relatively) close call with Earth

A huge asteroid zipped past Earth early Friday, but don't worry, this isn't "Armageddon."

The asteroid, named Florence, is an almost 3-mile-wide rock that passed about 4.4 million miles from Earth (7 million kilometers) early Friday, NASA says. And while a few million miles sounds like a lot of room, it's actually a pretty close pass when you're talking about the vastness of space.

Other asteroids have passed closer to Earth than Florence, but few have been this big.

Woohoo!

Well look at it liek this. 6 mile wide one wiped otu all life. 3 mile might just wipe half out.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: Gothmog

Both have been witnessed, so this should be something new.

C'mon Jim, just a little hint please Sir? I have a couple good sources and have not been told a thing about any big new discoveries.

Dropping emails to pry now!

I'm really clueless too. I've been concentrating on flood recovery, plus a few new rocket fuel dump UFOs. Not this.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I read it was gravitational waves detected from the collision of 2 neutron stars in a nearby galaxy and that the main reason for the excitement is because it will be hurling out observable light which can be studied.

That's what I am expecting to hear anyway but happy to be corrected if someone knows better.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: welshreduk

I think you nailed it.

From space.com. www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's Saturn ,in startrek discovery episode 3 they revealed some of it...
edit on 0b50America/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 19:10:50 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 11 Oct 2017 19:10:50 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join