It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Commissioner Goodell Now Agrees with President Trump. PLAYERS MUST STAND.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
...you black people just need to step-and-fetch-it for your white billionaire owners...

I think you better get Mr Khan on the phone and let him know he's white. I don't think he knows.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: mOjOm

They should stand with their heads down and arms out in front with their wrists crossed. Like being handcuffed in front.

They should turn their backs.

You mean FACE THE FANS?

I mean turn their backs.

As another form of silent protest.

I don't know about all stadiums but in Soldier Field if they turn their backs on the flag then they're facing the fans. The people who pay their salaries.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They should stand with their heads down and arms out in front with their wrists crossed. Like being handcuffed in front.

Or turn their backs, sure. There are many different ways they can still protest silently while standing.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know about all stadiums but in Soldier Field if they turn their backs on the flag then they're facing the fans.

So? What's that to do with my point?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
Well, I guess all you self-righteous folk in this thread can take a step back for a moment. Seems you were too excited about your pumpkin on a stick's tweet this morning.

NFL Responds to Donald Trump's Anthem Tweet, Calls Commentary 'Inaccurate'

I wonder if ESPN's ADAM SCHEFTER was disciplined, or rewarded by the network?

Roger Goodell did lay down the gauntlet on Tuesday, however. ESPN’s Adam Schefter broke the story of Goodell’s memo to NFL ownership. It said, in part: “Like many of our fans, we believe that everyone should stand for the National Anthem … We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.” Goodell said the league “wanted to move past this controversy … together with our players.” The tenor of the memo was clear: Although the league might feel the anthem controversy has been hijacked by the President and Vice President, we’re not going to make progress on the issues the players care about by continuing to protest during the anthem. We’ve got to stand for the anthem or risk alienating a huge swath of our fans

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Or turn their backs, sure. There are many different ways they can still protest silently while standing.

Rules specifically say FACE IT.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

football sucks anyway so... is it even a issue if the season dies for this year?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Rules specifically say FACE IT.

There is not "rule" that states that. It is only suggested they stand. There is not "you MUST stand".. for obvious reasons. Which some of you don't seem to get. Of course, I think there was no option if say.. you were a German soldier saluting a German flag. But.. therein lies the difference.

Also it's your opinion football "sucks." You don't like football? Ok.. whatever, you don't speak for the millions who watch it every weekend.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I don't know about all stadiums but in Soldier Field if they turn their backs on the flag then they're facing the fans.

Turning your back on the flag, means you're facing the fans who pay your salary, and don't like what you're doing. That takes a lot of balls.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Players can be fined $12,000 for their first offense of unsportsmanlike behavior. $24,000 the second time.

Source: operations.nfl.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Turning your back on the flag, means you're facing the fans who pay your salary, and don't like what you're doing. That takes a lot of balls.

They're always facing the fans. In a (or most) stadium(s), seats (fans) surround the field, 360 degrees.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Players can be fined $12,000 for their first offense of unsportsmanlike behavior. $24,000 the second time.

Where does failure to stand fall under "unsportmanslike" conduct?

I don't see that in the link you provided.
edit on 13-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

football sucks anyway so... is it even a issue if the season dies for this year?

Thus proving my point that many against the protest don't follow football anyway. Thanks Bro.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Where does failure to stand fall under "unsportmanslike" conduct?

I don't see that in the link you provided.

He may not get back to you. I think he dislocated his shoulder grasping for that straw.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: yuppa

Thus proving my point that many against the protest don't follow football anyway. Thanks Bro.

I follow one team. the steelers. And they arent really good this year.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

LoL? That's hilarious.. that isn't "unsportsmanlike." That is a penalty used during gameplay. What.. are refs going to run over and throw yellow flags at kneeling athletes during the anthem? You can't penalize players before the game has even started, just so you know. If you are going to reference something, try something other than an in-game penalty.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well, I guess everyone in their jobs should be able to protest because some of the other employees working for that same company have different political ideas...

What's going to be next? We are going to have actors/actresses in your favorite movie being shown at the theaters also just use their fame to protest and show their political affiliation in the movie?...

Do people watch football to know what political affiliation players have?...

edit on 13-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

It's called the draft. For every player in the NFL there is hundreds that are willing and able to take their place and and STAND and honer our flag for half the pay!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So aside from the fact that companies would prefer to be apolitical because that way they don't piss anyone off. Are you simply upset that you can't do the same thing in your job? Maybe it's an issue with your contract rather than theirs.

Or maybe the NFL shouldn't be making a political statement with the anthem in the first place.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: DJW001

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

It's called the draft. For every player in the NFL there is hundreds that are willing and able to take their place and and STAND and honer our flag for half the pay!

that`s right, every player is expendable they just don`t seem to understand it.
the nfl is entertainment just like a hollywood movie,when people don`t like what they see they will stop watching and the "producers" will have to find better actors for their next movie,because nobody is going to watch something they don`t like.
edit on 16-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join