It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Commissioner Goodell Now Agrees with President Trump. PLAYERS MUST STAND.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: carewemust

Pretty sure there will be a strike now. You can't have a season without players.

Perfect. then call up the minor teams players and replace them. Scabs love working for that kind of cash.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DJW001

Pretty much what I said in another thread. The power is in the players' hands. They showed solidarity when Trump begged the NFL to take action. Hopefully they'll continue to show solidarity now that action is actually being taken. Is Dallas going to forfeit a game because all of their players kneeled? Is the NFL going to fine/suspend the entire league? The NFL's pocketbook is going to take a bigger hit if the players start refusing to play than if they just let them protest in peace.

They should had read their contracts and the effect of NFL rules and regulations. Its in their rules players must stand OR face fines ro worse. Dissolution of their contracts is a option.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Pretty much what I said in another thread. The power is in the players' hands. They showed solidarity when Trump begged the NFL to take action. Hopefully they'll continue to show solidarity now that action is actually being taken. Is Dallas going to forfeit a game because all of their players kneeled? Is the NFL going to fine/suspend the entire league? The NFL's pocketbook is going to take a bigger hit if the players start refusing to play than if they just let them protest in peace.

You are completely wrong.

The reason this won't happen is because players want to get paid.

The players realize that they are at odds with time playing in the NFL. The average career lasts only 3 years.

We will see.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
Well, I guess all you self-righteous folk in this thread can take a step back for a moment. Seems you were too excited about your pumpkin on a stick's tweet this morning.

NFL Responds to Donald Trump's Anthem Tweet, Calls Commentary 'Inaccurate'

Thank you. Was clearly misconstrued.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.abc15.com...

No change so far. Sounds like they'll discuss it next week, but for now the players are in control.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: amazing

Because a lot of ignorant and/or racist people don't like the idea of minorities standing up for injustice. Coincidentally, most of these kind of people have never served in the armed forces. If the irony was an ocean we'd all drown in it.

I beg to differ, a lot did or have family who did and feel the same way about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is your business a public business with millions of people watching your every interaction with your employees?

Words have meaning, whether its convenient or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I said it a few weeks ago and I think everybody already knew it, that the NFL would only change their stance on this issue when it started adversely affecting their bottom line, it`s all about money, it always is.
the owners and the NFL will go whichever way the wind blows as long as it keeps their bank accounts going up.

when I was a kid the old people would say, never discuss politics or religion in mixed company, that was good advice then and it`s good advice now, I guess some people in the NFL are re-learning a hard lesson that they never should have forgotten.
edit on 11-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
I wish I could protest at a workplace.

Ever heard of a strike?

I don't have millions of dollars and my boss would fire me.

Must be nice.

Which puts the players in a good position. They have nest eggs, if they are smart and can weather a work stoppage.

Strikes are conditional on what company you are employed with and whether or not you can get away with it. Luckily for them, you can't just find a really good football player lying around waiting to get hired.

That is the main problem. Players get paid way too much money to not be concerned about taking the job seriously and being professional on the field and leaving the bull hockey at home to do "on their own time".

Since when was it necissary to pay any sport player millions of dollars to play a game that lasts no more than a few hours a day or even a full week?

I'snt a 6 figure income enough? Why?

No the main problem isn't the players getting paid way too much money. Pro athletes , actors and other national level entertainers make the salaries they do because they do it on a national and global scale. If they didnt get the salaries they do for the services they perform the owners would get an even larger share of a product that they dont have the talent to produce.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They should stand with their heads down and arms out in front with their wrists crossed. Like being handcuffed in front.

Or any other number of ways of standing where they're still silently making their message heard. Then see how long and how many various ways they try and control them.

This could go on for a very long time.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

They should stand with their heads down and arms out in front with their wrists crossed. Like being handcuffed in front.

Or any other number of ways of standing where they're still silently making their message heard. Then see how long and how many various ways they try and control them.

Or since they're so acrobatic, stand on each other's shoulders, with the top guy holding up a defiant fist.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You're confusing them with Cheerleaders.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
WINNING!

Just because you don't like someone elses words or stance/beliefs doesn't mean you should disrespect something that you have never had a problem with in the past.

Isnt it amazing how easily right leaning SJW get all worked up when Trump says something is wrong? A protest about police brutality and discrimination being turned into anti-patriotism and triggering all the false patriots. It is amazing how easy this was programmed into so many people.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

"There has been no change in the current policy regarding the anthem. The agenda will be a continuation of how to make progress on the important social issues that players have vocalized. Everyone who is part of our NFL community has a tremendous respect for our country, our flag, our anthem and our military, and we are coming together to deal with these issues in a civil and constructive way," the league said in a joint statement with the NFL Players Association.

The current policy is that they don't have to stand. So, the title of this thread is a lie. Nobody actually reads these articles. do they?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7
Reading is hard.
It's also unnecessary when the headline says all you want to hear.

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hopefully the NFL can get paid by the U.S. government to honor some veterans or something, all the while pretending the motive isn't profit.

I mean, that would just make this whole thing even more awesome.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Owners dont care if they strike the NFL pays for insurance in case Of strike. What owners do have to watch is future Value. If the NFL fans leave there is no insurance. The players lost thee narrative and people see this as an attack on the nation. I dont see it that way to be honest but we cant tell others what to believe. And thats the problem the players face if some one thinks its disrespectful you cant change their views.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If the NFL fans leave there is no insurance.

Did you see people following Pence out of the stadium?
Besides the secret service, of course.
edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

they should do what they are paid to do, and protest on their own time like every other American.as long as they are on the company clock they have no freedom of speech just like every other working American.
edit on 12-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

as long as they are on the company clock they have no freedom of speech just like every other working American.

Is that in the Constitution?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join