It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feelings are sooo Important...How do you feel Americans?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

All these things are at the blessing of the electorate. We have state legislatures, Congress, presidency, and supreme Court who reward corporations for bad behavior. Bigly, the biggest tax cuts in history. It's the government we gave power to. Suck it up buttercup.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
People accusing my beloved America of being complicit in the vegas shooting tends to bring out my adversarial tendencies...

The sheer stupidity of the assertion offends my American sensibilities...

-Chris
edit on 11-10-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I despise the way "they" refer to us as "the people" as if they aren't part of "the people" themselves. They set themselves apart, it seems, the minute the get elected or get hold of any power. From businessmen to government officials to police officers, power seems to make them think they are apart from the rest of us and as such, anything nefarious that happens doesn't and won't affect them.

As Billy Connolly once said Anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be barred from ever being one!

link   
a reply to: Christosterone

It wasn't an accusation I said if it came out that the Government or other agencies were to blame

link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Life is not such a worry--worrying reaps nothing except anxiety and a diminished mental and physical health on the worrier.

But honestly, here are my two feelings associated with this topic:

1. I feel absolute sadness and sympathy for those directly and indirectly affected by this asshole who shot up random people for a reason that none of us know.

2. I feel absolute pride in living in America, even if the byproduct of an overabundance of liberties means that, every now and then, we have to deal with the crazies of the population who do not know how to be decent human beings.

Look, when it truly matters, such as in the face of a crisis like in Vegas, we tend to see the very best of what Americans have to offer to each other, and every single superficial issue is set aside and all that matters in the moment is helping each other. That is something to behold, and while it's not uniquely American, it's a trait that I hold dear.

In times of non-crisis, we bicker with each other, we insult each other, we call the president racist, we stereotype people with broad brushes, and we fight against perceived injustices--but having the right and ability to do that is a great thing, and something that, yes, gets annoying and frustrating, but I would have it no other way.

The problem with America isn't America itself, it's the version of America that is exported to the nation and the world via mass media and claims based on hyperbole. But I live in a nation where truly anything is possible for anyone if they're just willing to put forth the effort. I'm not saying that everyone starts at the same starting line, but we all are running in the same race with different abilities, and the only think holding us back is our own limitations.

So, that's how I feel. I doubt that I'm alone, and I doubt that anyone who wants to argue against my personal feelings will get much of a response

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Thanks for that link I'll go have a read

edit ok was that post done before the invention of paragraphs? lol

It was written a a while ago. Back when ATS members had a different focus. It is very interesting to watch how ATS has changed over the years. When you have time take a stroll through the archives.

Some of the old timers are still around, some of them are lurking and poke their heads out every now and again.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wow! That was a really long lag. I am not surprised it produced a DP.
edit on 11-10-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Suck it up buttercup.

What does this mean?

Does it have something to do with what I posted, because I don't understand how it is related.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

the fact remains that if this was not a lone mental nutcase gunman, which so far it appears is not the case despite attempts to make him out to be that, then the American Government and their accomplices more than willing to murder the population, the public....that's YOU.

We know.

Thats some forensic approach you got there though. In Paddocks case, we are dealing with anger and lack of impulse control.

In the gubments case, they mass murder whole nations abroad out of greed and lust for power and control.

.o2

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

My post isn't directed at America and its problems in general (we all have problems!) , but at the possibility your Government and possibly others feel you and I have no value and are willing to murder us to further agendas we aren't privvy to, and knowing this could be true of events like Las Vegas, they then come out and give their platitudes visit the injured attend memorials all the while knowing that "it worked as intended". I just feel overwhelmed sometimes by the hypocisy and sheer blase attitude at murdering people without a thought

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I feel we don't KNOW what we are dealing with as far as Paddock is concerned, we only aware of what we are NOT dealing with i.e. brain tumour, radicalisation etc etc

We can only go on what's given out

As for murdering whole nations abroad, we as humans have a tendency to think whether consciously or subconsciously along the lines of "its nowhere near me" or "The Government must have felt it necessary" and "The Government wouldn't lie to us we voted for them"

But when its close to home a different story

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Aye I rummage around the archives regularly, post seem to have been far more researched and well presented and so little argument and name calling! I miss those days even though I wasn't an actual member then, I read tons. My favourite thread out of many is probably All Roads Lead To Rome...damn fine read

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well said. I wonder how many people here believe in political agendas over what actually happened.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Dont worry about us , we can take care of our situations ourselves.
Other countries need to be concerned for their own situations.

Sad but true...

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not sure at all on that....I would have thought given the type of site ATS is, that the majority would always question the official narrative on any such event, but I get the feeling that has changed over the years and as younger members join who have been brought up in the atmosphere of social media msm and sjw's and all the other abbreviations, they seem less able to accept anything suggested outside the accepted official narrative

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

I feel we don't KNOW what we are dealing with as far as Paddock is concerned, we only aware of what we are NOT dealing with i.e. brain tumour, radicalisation etc etc

We can only go on what's given out

As for murdering whole nations abroad, we as humans have a tendency to think whether consciously or subconsciously along the lines of "its nowhere near me" or "The Government must have felt it necessary" and "The Government wouldn't lie to us we voted for them"

But when its close to home a different story

Same exact thing. Microcosm vs. Macrocosm. I didn't mean the people at large waging war, I meant the people at the top ordering it.

This guy Paddock is a mass murderer, there are snipers who have more confirmed kills but are considered heroes, because of the way we are conditioned by propaganda.

(slowly backs away)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

These are not the times to give in to feelings. Like, we know there will be more mass murders. But, nothing can be done about It. Just hope you or your family are saved through luck. The government we currently have, worship guns. They are loosenng epa rules so expect more poisoning of water and land. It's what the electorate voted for.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not sure at all on that....I would have thought given the type of site ATS is, that the majority would always question the official narrative on any such event, but I get the feeling that has changed over the years and as younger members join who have been brought up in the atmosphere of social media msm and sjw's and all the other abbreviations, they seem less able to accept anything suggested outside the accepted official narrative

Learned folk have a tendency to wait till all the evidence is out there .
There is a difference between a conspiracy and predetermined judgement. Always has been. That is what has changed. Supposition now , truly questionable facts in the past.
Some folks see everything as a conspiracy and change the facts to suit their outlook
That is the difference between now and then

link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Jesus ATS is losing me...

Jesus and ATS are what save me...

link   

Yeah, but the problem is that the human psyche is so poorly understood that we don't know the "why" behind most, if not all, of the mass murders that happen. Sure, we may find a "mental disorder" or a manifesto of sorts, but the true "why" behind someone being capable of doing this is still as understood as, say, dark matter in the universe...and maybe even less so.

The point about my thread is that, even knowing that these people exist and that there is the potential that I will one day be caught up in such a massacre, that I still prefer living in this reality than in one where we overburden people with limitations on our liberties and rights.

Whether or not the government is behind these events, or that they're false flags, is up for debate, but the reality for anyone paying attention is that politicians--and, really, anyone seeking out positions of power--are generally narcissistic sociopaths from the start. I still have yet to be fully convinced that anything like Vegas was an inside job, but I do retain my concerns over the possibility. But I'm not one who is prone to act on emotion unless I know that I'm correct, so when it comes to this topic, the possibility sickens me, but at the same time, I was also in the military, so I fully understand how governments use their citizens to further agendas about which we don't have all the information.

As long as governments/leaderships exist, they will exploit their people at different levels and for different reasons. My honest feeling is that this is a crappy part of existing in a society, and so I try to remain as vigilant as possible so that I can avoid all of the strings being attached and becoming a puppet myself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join