It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfair Physics by Boys Peeing Puts Girls at a Learning Disadvantage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

People can claim what they like wether they be near gods, mere mortals or nobodies. It doesn't mean to say they are right.

Sounds to me like theese people are just peeing into the wind anyway, which of course is how you get your own back.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The reason boys do better at physics is because girls are only interested in being pretty and learning how to cook and clean and be the best wife a man could ever have. Just as nature intended. The god of Biomechanics will be done.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Urine-shaming.

Make boys pee sitting down.

For equality.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Now lets talk about trying to teach a girlfriend how to drive a stick... be careful of the ones that get it too quick.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

So the old term of "penis envy" has been re-manufactured into a weapon against males rather than seen in its original and simply true form as a female jealousy. It should be mentioned that the propensity for jealousy runs fairly deep in the female psyche and is frequently completely unfathomable from a male perspective.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They were joking.

Why?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
what is this, are they trying to turn gender quaintly into a pissing match? aint that a pisser.
edit on 9-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Please tel me they aren't serious!! If they are, what's the solution? I can just imagine what some feminist types might suggest!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They were joking.

Why?

You actually thought they were serious?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Ah ok, thought it read like it was a real study

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Yes I do, just as males are less wired toward child/family nurturing and emotional communication. I have seen documentaries regarding this and it makes sense. We are two halves of a whole unit, we each have our pre-wired strengths (and weaknesses). Having said that, we have degrees of 'wired-up-ness', for want of a better term. So some women may have a more male oriented brain and vice versa. Doesn't make you less of a woman or a man, just means you have some of the other sex's naturally wired abilities and interests.

I have a slightly more male brain compared to the average, or extra female brain. It doesn't make me masculine, I still love dresses, make up and anything sparkly, but I am a logical thinker, can mentally visualise design concepts in 3D, don't have to turn a map upside down or rotate it to follow a route and am a practical person and have no problem working with tools, be it for dressmaking or DIY.

I do get very annoyed at the new 'feminists' man haters out there, who seem to only want to belittle men and show the world they are better than them. They just don't seem to see that we are all equal, just not always with the same skills. We are a team!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Now lets talk about trying to teach a girlfriend how to drive a stick... be careful of the ones that get it too quick.

Or the ones that can shift gears without using the clutch, like me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think its more of a behavioral science type study, and there is something to be said about it honestly.

I don't think its an exclusive type of deal....but you can bet that peeing standing up wires the brains just a tad bit differently.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Depending on if i am swaying towards the monad or duad, I agree with you. But when I am not agreeing with you, i agree with Osho:

“Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I. I have to contribute my potential to life; you have to contribute your potential to life. I have to discover my own being; you have to discover your own being.”

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I think its more of a behavioral science type study, and there is something to be said about it honestly.

I don't think its an exclusive type of deal....but you can bet that peeing standing up wires the brains just a tad bit differently.

And still you guys miss the mark while peeing, go figure.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Maybe you need to define the question a bit more. Aim as in aim to be better than boys regarding every task they do? Or just in the work place? Aim as in general throwing objects or shooting? Or aim as in doing a pee? Can't say I have come across many women who can aim/direct their pee the way ye old male hose pipe can, though it is not something I have personally investigated, nor something I wish to!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Depending on if i am swaying towards the monad or duad, I agree with you. But when I am not agreeing with you, i agree with Osho:

“Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I. I have to contribute my potential to life; you have to contribute your potential to life. I have to discover my own being; you have to discover your own being.”

Yeah I agree with that. We all have things we are good at and things we are rubbish at. I am particularly rubbish at understanding things like insurance policies and financial fundy schemes and stuff like that. No matter how I try to concentrate and understand it, my brain just seems to have a block on that as a subject, so I leave that to people in the know. From my own experience, I have found that those that are good with money and market manipulation are often not good at design and actually making things, which is one of my strengths. So in the end we help each other to get what we need in life. I think as a species we need to learn to value each other's skills more and work together instead of always trying to make other people appear inferior and worthless.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Raised 2 boys here....it was a constant source of consternation.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Raised 2 boys here....it was a constant source of consternation.

Raised one boy and a husband here and their aims were off, but so was their math and science, so maybe there is something else going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Consider this:

Action creates neural activity. Neural activity creates more neural connections. More neural connections creates stronger memory and association. Stronger memory and association creates aptitude. Aptitude creates joy. Joy makes you repeat the task. Repeating the task continues to reinforce neural connection.

yes...it sounds silly. But follow it up the chain...repetition is what builds neural connections. And neural connections are what its all about when it comes to aptitude. There is something to be said about the repetition of peeing. And while aim may be poor (or not...it could just be lack of effort, or another game being played entirely where aim isn't the goal), the fact is that increased repetition will reinforce neural connections and create more aptitude with the notions being toyed with.

And vector mapping doesn't seem to be too far divorced from urinating. Nor does throwing a spear, or a baseball.

It just doesn't seem to be so far fetched that there would be some small advantage of aptitude in areas involving spatial geometry. Which is kinda what we see. Although this is science PHacking at its finest.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join