It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - ‘No deal’ planning is well under way, says Minister

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Just keep in mind that "we are all Jock Tamson's bairns", and whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

I'm surprised you hate your own class, if indeed you are of the working class, end of the day the only thing that seems to be cheap, as you put it, is the quality of life in rather a few socioeconomic and demographics across the U.K.

People will stop "whining" when there is a fair days pay for a fair days work, so probably not for quite some time to come really.

Now on that note, i have to bid you good evening as i have baths to be dishing out, and weans to get off to bed, as they are back to school tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
I'm surprised you hate your own class

I've posted nothing to indicate that, please quote me fella or retract it?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I'm assuming you know how to hold a reasoned debate?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Whining bastard lol, enjoy bathtime
x

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Souther Italy, Greece. Greece has enough problems of its own without further immigration.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

We dont need any more immigrants really. The Chinese are being hit with a tax if they buy homes and sit on them - to try and deter and slow down an unfordable real estate market.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Fact is what is being done to these poor people is illegal and at the end of the day also counterproductive regarding employment and the working conditions for all the people of our nation.

So true

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm assuming you understand that calling someone a "Whining bastard" is rather beyond the scope of a reasoned debate?

Probably not all the same.

It's beyond reason to call in to question the work mentality of the hard-working people of our nation or to insinuate them to be anything other than proficient and committed to there chosen profession. That in itself can easily be considered to show a measure of uneducated hatred towards what you claim to be your own class.

Most hardworking people still place a measure of pride in the work. The fact that they don't want to work more than 40 hours week or for less monies than they are worth in no way donates laziness nor a workshy mentality.

Think what you wish through, after all you are perfectly at liberty to do so.

edit on 22-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm assuming you understand that calling someone a "Whining bastard" is rather beyond the scope of a reasoned debate?

Probably not all the same.
For sure, I thought I'd just go for the childish insult since you've misquoted and misrepresented my comments all through the thread.

It's beyond reason to call in to question the work mentality of the hard-working people of our nation or to insinuate them to be anything other than proficient and committed to there chosen profession. That in itself can easily be considered to show a measure of uneducated hatred towards what you claim to be your own class.
Hatred? Give it a rest fella, I'm calling out the lazy Brits who have been replaced in the workplace by nearly 3 million EU nationals

Most hardworking people still place a measure of pride in the work. The fact that they don't want to work more than 40 hours week or for less monies than they are worth in no way donates laziness nor a workshy mentality.
Agreed, more people work than claim jobseeking benefits. Heck, more EU nationals work in the UK than folk signing on. Plenty of lazy Brits around though. I take pride paying for my own life through work though, never claimed any benefits, always jumped on some crap agency job when I've found myself needing to. No pride signing on refusing to take something minimum wage, that's just leeching.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

We dont need any more immigrants really. The Chinese are being hit with a tax if they buy homes and sit on them - to try and deter and slow down an unfordable real estate market.

You definitely wouldn't want a million+ Brits moving over if we were allowed free movement of workers lol
You guys might get to play on a level field after Brexit though, presumably EU nationals won't have the advantage over the rest of the world after we leave. It's mad how 450 million people can move and work here on a whim, yet people from English speaking countries have to jump through hoops to gain a visa. I'd rather an Australian labourer who I can have a laugh with than a Bulgarian I can barely barely communicate with, every time.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Aye we live in an island paradise just dripping with wine and honey with jobs we can simply pull from the trees whenever we care to do so or feel the need to alleviate our boredom.

That's when we are not all being lazy workshy bastards sponging off the beloved Tory overlords of course.

Must be brilliant to live in your world where everything is peachy and any fault that does exist can be solved with what essentially amounts to imported slave labour and/or indentured servitude from some far off land.

Pride is all well and good but it does not put food on the table or a roof over one's head, that would be cold hard cash monies, which is kind of hard to accumulate these days without the notion of fair days work for a fair day pay. Tell you this zero hour contracts and minimum wage payouts are hardly synonymous with such, just a thought.
edit on 24-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Cheer up.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Kind of hard to be cheery about Brexit or the current socioeconomic climate in which we find ourselves.

Then again if you did not laugh you would bloody cry.

I'm actually quite cheery today, all the same I'm taking the frustration out on Destiny 2.
edit on 24-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I guess we can finally get this brexit going, and going hard, as soon as Kommissar Juncker stops desperately trying to keep the british in.
Maybe it's also time to make sure that the british government also pushes for the hard brexit, without a deal.

But then comes the real question for the corrupt EU elites: how to deal with the UK being part of NATO together with the EU, to which the answer is very simple. Disband NATO, the way it was invented by Churchill as a tool against Europe, so disband it for being a subversive british-Italian criminal enterprise.
edit on 3-12-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Oh dear...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The only good brexit is a hard one without any deal with the EU.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Im sure my mums great uncles and her grand parents went on the first round of Brits to Australia when they were offered housing and work and they went there set up shop , worked then realised it wasnt the dream they were sold and came back 20 years later Im sure this was a government scheme at the time , cant remember the name for scheme though
we have the black n white pics of their houses in the outback

I guess things would be different now

OI , ya cheeky swine , some of us have to live in those #holes ! lol

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

deal or no deal ! we the people will suffer !

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

as for Govanhill / mount florida , its getting worse, the SNP have closed all of their local offices and apparently the council have abandoned public sanitation down vicky road and allison street
there are weekly pics of rats out the back greens (like it was the refuse strike of the 70's , looks #ing grimm )
plenty people up in arms about it

more immigrants coming in and more refugees as well , seems that govanhill is literally about to implode.
Police arent going into areas to address the blatant drug dealing by various ethnic groups as there are also daily pics of needles lying outside schools and shop fronts where rubbish has been abandoned in the street. Loads of reports of gun violence ! honestly you'd think dunblane never even happened in Scotland

I've been hearing all sorts of stories about benefits and payments for cars that new families fresh of the boat or plane are getting , put into the southside and left to rot!

Ive no idea what is going on politically with Scotland or brexit , Ive given up on politics its all a big delusion
the best way to make change is not peaceful protest but with a big pointy stick and a molotov or gunpowder treason and plot (remember remember)
I get the feeling SNP and tories made deals with EU to keep the flow of immigrants and refugees coming , to gain political power before brexit ends
SNP will go under and we will have a tory majority in Scotland because they all have been forced to accept this influx of people and the majority of Brits want to stem this tide !

the delusion of individuals parties is a lie ,they all just want the same thing dressed up in whatever colours to suit you! so we get played !
this isnt a democracy , its a sham state !
to me its money > corporation > government > people > plants animals > planet

that order needs to be fixed
edit on 16-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
EU's gloating on their hope for a collapse of hard brexit together with the collapse of May's government ... might just become sadness for the EUSSR Kommissars.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join