It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Vegas shooting the first part of a larger plan that failed? Shooter targeted fuel tanks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Now that more information is coming out I can see that this was a very meticulous plan to kill 1000's.

First, the gunman opened fire. This causes panic. In this panic, the people flee AWAY from the shooting and directly to where he wants them.

Link

This also tells us why there were two windows broken. He was targeting the fuel tanks. If they are running AWAY from the gunshots they would be running towards the tanks. An explosion would have been devastating but I think that was the end game of the second part of the attack. It would have given him time to get away. Think about the timeline.

Link

Lombardo declined to say what evidence had led him to believe that Paddock might have hoped to escape after the attack, though he confirmed no suicide note was discovered in the room.

He was shooting and directing the victims. If he would have hit the tanks it would have caused such a distraction he could have attempted to leave. However, the tanks did NOT explode so when someone was outside the door he engaged. It was reported over 200 rounds were shot.

Now, the end game were the vehicles. At least one of the vehicles had ammonium nitrate. Now, why not drive that into the middle of the chaos and BOOM! More dead.

Link It was also found in his home.

There were also 2 vehicles. Why two vehicles? Was it to make sure he could have it to at least one of them? It is a classic terrorist tactic also. Create a scene and then attack the first responders. Not saying a tie to terror as much as a using of such a tactic to kill even more innocent people.

What do you think ATSNN? It is seeming more and more like he did not act alone and the stories that are coming out are just not holding their weight. This was a very well thought out attack and I feel that LV is lucky as it could have been much, much worse.
edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-04T21:55:10-05:000910 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-04T21:55:42-05:000942 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Octpm31pmf0000002017-10-04T21:57:24-05:000924 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There is a fail.. JP5 will not ignite like this.

He would have to light that fuel with a torch directly . Thankfully bullet sparks can NOT penetrate those tanks for a boom effect.

I would know..😊

Not shooting the poster/messenger. Star and flag😊
edit on 4-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Ammonium nitrate is not explosive..... it is an oxidiser needs to be mixed at a specific ratio to a specific consistency with a fuel in order to be used as an explosive. Its also not a matter of just lighting it on fire, requires a specific method of ignition to be effective.

Finding ammonium nitrate is merely finding ammonium nitrate.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Did he posess anything to attack the tanks with? 5.56 at that distance does not feel like an effective tool to attempt to attack and cause a tank meant to store volatile fuel to explode....

If im not mistaken jet fuel is much like kerosene... pretty stable, not stored under any kind of pressure so at best he may have got a slow leak and maybe a small fire...maybe.

I still doubt that.

I suppose he may have intended to make some kind of device, he was in posession of a key ingredient to make explosives.

I wanted to add leaving anmonium nitrate near the tanks wouldnt do anything either.. it is a very specific ratio which is why many devices people attempt to make at home fail. Too little fuel with ammonium nitrate it burns up quickly with out exploding or doesnt ignote properly, too much it just burns or doesnt ignite. Most instances it wont ignite at all because of how it is supposed to be set off. This is the other huge thorn when people attempt to make this stuff for home made devices with intent to cause harm. Its not impossible to do but its not as simple as some people think.

edit on PMAmerica/Chicago381010pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A bullet would not have done it. He would have needed some kind of explosive or ignition source or both to set those tanks off. He would have needed to be able to set those off with a detonator, not by simply shooting them.
edit on 4-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Hold the phone? Isn't that tank area next to the airport where those Area-51 flights come from? If so then doesn't it seem odd that Skunk Works is/was a Lockheed division, and didn't he work for a company that got swallowed by them?

Of course I may be way off here, and if so just ignore all this, but if true then how long was he planning this?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Yes Janet flights..

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I don't even think small arms will do it to get through those tanks. IIR, those things are very thick and solid. Maybe nothing short of a .50 could penetrate?

That sounds very relevant to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Interesting theory if it is possible.

I for one am very glad it didn't happen in anyway as that would have been much more of a mess to get out of!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So...trained pilot shoots tanks he knows are jet fuel?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

But it couldnt have happened with any of the weapons he was using. Even more so given the distance. As well, if he had a gun that could in theory penetrate it, it would have just created a small leak not an explosion.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago261010pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Was there a flight coming/going at the time of the shooting?

a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm wondering if the thought of just puncturing one of the tanks (cause a fuel leak), would be enough to shut down flight operations to rule out any major fuel leaks? If so then ???? (still developing this thought, but I'm wondering if the killing of people WAS just a red herring, and interfering with Area-51 was the real objective)

Yeah yeah, it's an out there theory, but so far we have a mass killing with no motive known as of yet, a girlfriend that was "in-aware" of her boyfriends plan, a brother who claims that the shooter wasn't all that into guns, and a family history of major crimes (I'm not going to talk about the new info of a possible Obama connection only because without any checkable sources it's just rumor as of this writing)

Right now anything is still a possible reason behind the shooting. Finding data to rule out narratives isn't apparent yet, but the event is still very, very fresh.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I should clarify.

I am an AARF Instructor.
Structural Fire Instructor.

Paddock was truly delusional if he thought he could spark an explosion.

Where i worked. Station 100.

The fuel tanks are next to the the fire station if anyone wants to Google map it..
edit on 4-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
So...trained pilot shoots tanks he knows are jet fuel?

Lol

On to the next theory!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I'm thinking that an explosion wasn't the idea. If this train of thought is correct (that's a big "IF" right now) then just a leak would be needed to stop flights. Hum, may Zap could chime in on the implications of having two fuel tanks leaking near a restricted airfield?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What if there was a bigger plan and the other person/people chickened out?

A) He had more than enough firepower for a couple more shooters

B) he had two vehicles, one with fertilizer and a possible getaway car?

C) he didn't have all of the material to create a bomb. Plus, if you stop by the local hardware store and buy fertilizer and fuel cans, you're probably going to raise some suspicion. Maybe the accomplice(s) were to supply the fuel and whatever else needed to create a bomb, and place the car closer to the tanks

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ok he accomplished halting flights indeed. Victims breeched the airport perimeter, and airport authorities were not taking chances of damaged aircraft.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I suggest you look to bigburgh who agrees even a leak would be impossible with out a .50..

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

But did any J-Flights get delayed? That's the real question here.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Did he get his hands on API rounds and think that would work? I have trouble believing he thought this was plausible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join