It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Vegas shooting the first part of a larger plan that failed? Shooter targeted fuel tanks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Given there are yet any real reasons MO at this point..
And that Paddock tried to get a room at another hotel overlooking a different Rap Concert a week prior.. was that next to McCarran international Airport? On the JANET side?

What I do know is, 59 people are dead.. if he wanted to stop a flight. He should have taken aim at ATC( the control tower ). Or a flight itself...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Look at the bigger picture;

A flight leave late, a test program gets delayed, a contract gets canceled. It could be as simple as that, or it could be something more complex, like delaying a test flight due to a pilot not being able to arrive on time from the delayed flight out of Vegas. Somebody else gets the to test fly the newest doo-dad, and that person could be a plant or something. The scenario could be endless, but a delayed flight could cause many un-foreseen issues.

***EDITED PART BELOW***

I'm going to put this thought of a delayed flight in a holding pattern for now. Though the wall board does seem to make better sense with this being a possible motive behind the shooting (for now).

edit on 4-10-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
well Burgh kind of made a bunch of sense right now with the fact he could have easily stopped flights without taking a life at all, so there has to be more to it than that. The only way I can see it that way now is if he had some kind of secret knowledge about VIP's or a special program in which delaying or canceling its flight would be a critical loss to them somehow.

That goes way too far into speculation though without anymore dots to connect. I feel like I have to put that theory on ice temporarily maybe until something new comes up now?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Put enough rounds towards the ramp and some one is bound to notice eventually. It'd shut down things fast. Then you'd have the FOD checks afterwards; even if you didn't hit anything you'd quiet ops for a while.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

See my edit above yours. It's a possible motive direction that makes sense as of now, but I agree we just don't have a enough puzzle pieces together to figure out what the mystery picture is (if only someone would disclose the box art if you will)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I have another theory on motive after reading a little bit from another ATS post. I cut and pasted the part that caught my eye, unfortunately I can't post the link, apparently I'm not as smart as my smart phone.

EXCLUSIVE: The missing gun: Stephen Paddock bought a high-powered Ruger rifle just hours before arriving in Las Vegas, but the $600 weapon was NOT found among his 23-weapon arsenal of death

Stephen Paddock bought a Ruger American .308 bolt-action rifle with an 18-inch barrel for $600 from Guns & Guitars just hours before arriving in Las Vegas

Apparently there's a missing gun that was purchased on 9/27 if I remember correctly. What if the shooting was a piece of a bigger puzzle? Let's say that the shooting was planned to intentionally cause enough carnage so that in the aftermath, it would bring a specific person out days later to survey the casualties and console the victims? Said person would potentially be out in the open... visiting on short notice.....his security detail may not have had enough time for a full security sweep..... unaccounted for .308 staged for part two of the plan...you can see where I'm going with this right?

BOLT ACTION .308 when the rest of your arsenal is mostly semi auto????

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

😊

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

Because you were hoping to be there when the president came to town after the carnage?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Thankyou 😑

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So your suggesting that this could have been a failed attack on the President? Create a tragic event, then commit the act days later when the POTUS arrives. Intriguing idea. Good thing that didn't happen, and I don't think it could have in todays world, only because of all of the actions the Secret Service takes before the POTUS arrives at a place. (Though this is a possibility that can't be removed yet)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

*******First off.....to whatever agency that is monitoring this forum. I'm just some dude with an overactive imagination and too much time on his hands, I voted for the Prez, no harm intended. We cool?******

That is what I'm suggesting. Yes, I know it's pretty far out there, and out of the realm of possibility, but what if?

This whole situation surrounding Paddock is really odd. There's so many strange little pieces, two cars, fertilizer, missing rifle bought days before the attack, 23 other guns, all of the multiple shooter talk, and so on. It's disgusting to talk about, but so freaking intriguing, that you almost can't stop.

Personally, I think that there was something bigger that was supposed to go down, but either his partners didn't show, or he the a$$hole really thought he could get away. I guess it's possible that he could have done all of the little things just to keep people running in circles crying out "what if" "what if" "what if".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why a reasonably intelligent man, at least seemingly, with a lifetime's background around airports thought this was plausible.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What is the difference in trajectories between the 2 location?

Maybe like 22 degrees? It's not a big difference

What is the accuracy of a garbage bump stock?

Is it plausible that the few rounds that hit the tanks are just stragglers from shooting "auto" spray-n'-pray?

I would think so.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

There are no known reports of any hits on the fuel tanks. This is about why the second set of windows were broken out, and their possible connection to the fuel tanks that are within line of sight of the second set of windows.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I was thinking about the same thing. This thread is almost reading like a planning session for an even bigger massacre.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: Mandroid7

There are no known reports of any hits on the fuel tanks. This is about why the second set of windows were broken out, and their possible connection to the fuel tanks that are within line of sight of the second set of windows.

I read they already patched and painted them 2 days ago.
2 rounds, no penetration

The tanks are about 1100 feet from where the festival was held and none of Paddock’s bullets were able to penetrate the tanks. The source said that construction crews are currently patching up and painting over the holes and the FBI inspected the tanks and measured how far they are from Paddock’s gun nest in Mandalay Ba

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added2

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I was thinking about the same thing. This thread is almost reading like a planning session for an even bigger massacre.

I'd like to think of it as a planning session to PREVENT a bigger massacre by discussing possible scenarios and motives that could have happened in Vegas. Maybe a few of our fellow members either know of, or are someone in a position where they can help save lives based on what they have read here. Realistically though, if we are can come up with some of this stuff, chances are someone already has

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I read that there was impact on the tanks and they did leak as for the tanks themselves they are not very thick about 1/4 inch towards the middle and up, thicker lower you go. There was a .308 found in his room but both the .223 and .308 have about the same range of 1000 yards.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I'd like to think of it as a planning session to PREVENT a bigger massacre by discussing possible scenarios and motives that could have happened in Vegas. Maybe a few of our fellow members either know of, or are someone in a position where they can help save lives based on what they have read here. Realistically though, if we are can come up with some of this stuff, chances are someone already has

Right. Actually, reading through the thread, it seemed to me that this was one of the best ''brainstorming'' sessions I have read on ats in quite a while. But as your disclaimer mentioned, who knows who is listening in on these conversations and it would not be surprising with the recent terror that they would be on high alert.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oklastatefan

This is why the military would use writers, authors and film producers to create the 'nightmare' scenario that I described.

This whole situation is full of holes. Too many for such carnage. Too many loose ends. The problem now is the media trying to 'create' his image and I saw it in full effect today.

This was an attack that was planned and planned for quite awhile. There is talk about him targeting multiple other events but I think that is a distraction. Especially when I read an article that said he could have targeted former POTUS O in Chicago at Lallapolooza. It immediately takes the narrative from a "leftie killing country conservatives" . Stating he also staked out a 'rap' concert. Again, little bits that are fed to the masses.

The police and leaks are non-existent and tooo silent. All of them. The cops when talking I know are tired but looked scared. As if there is something still in play almost. I mean, after the Pulse and SB shootings the media was walking around in their homes...remember that weirdness? Finding ID's and such. This guy is a ghost...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join